[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random Suggestions for game exoansion
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Zeyro

Zeyro

Just my suggestions to the community and developers:

Thought: The game could probably use some expansion, tge most obvious way is through new units. If too many units are added to the game, it will severly decrease the tactical value of the game. Why? Because the game has a simple terrain system, simple resource system and simple combat system. (Thats not a bad thing) But it stands to reason that adding a complex unit system will not work with the rest of the game.

Suggestion: Either create a new race, create a alternate game scope (i.e. A space battle only version), or add another resource. (i.e. A base that produces something other than credits.)

Elaboration:

New Race. Self explanatory.

Different scope. A game using a similar system to UniWar, just with a different tactical feel. For example a space battle version; all units would be ships, all might have a range greater than one abd be able to make themselves invincible with shields (which would have to charge of course!), and all units would be able to be purchased and enter the map on any edge that is not in ranfe of a hostile ship. This would allow for more units , more fun, new tactics, and you could charge a little for it and make money . Everbody wins.

New resource. Create a new type of base that produces something other than money and can be used to purchase special units. ( Not overpowered units, just different ones, possibly debuff, ability, buff, transport, or structures.) Would probably work best for creating utility units like transports that help solve tactical and logistics problems rather than direct combat ones.

Thought: Neutrals/creeps...

Elaborat ion:

WarCraft did this and the resulting gameplay is amazing. (I know WarCraft is a different kind of game and they implemented it to go along with their hero system. Just listen...) Im suggesting creating a special set of neutral units to guard key locations on the map early on. Neutrals could be optional; when they are on, they spawn, when off they dont. It would be very important though, that the units be different from any player units and that no player ever gets a chance to use them.

Suggestion: Game Modes. (Disclaimer: An original idea, but someone beat me to posting it; not that they stole the idea from me, we just had the same idea at the same time and someone else posted it first. But I think these are different anyway.)

Elaboration:

De athmatch. Whichever person/team destroys the most units within a given number of turns
Zeyro

Zeyro

Elaboration:

De athmatch. Whichever person/team destroys the most units within a given number of turns wins.

Horde: An AI is added that gets double or triple the number of credits per turn the players get and double the number of bases and players must try to defeat it.

Capture The Flag: A special "flag" base is spawned for each team. Whoever captures the opposing teams "flag" base first wins.

Domination: Whichever team has the greatest total income (All money made by that team for the whole game) wins. *Note: Requires an odd number of bases.

Wrath of Nature: Adds random natural disasters that indiscimanatly damage units and move or spawn randomly on the,map.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 16, 2012 17:06

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I do think that adding more gamemodes would do the trick.
On an unrelated topic, they need to stop making it possible for EVERYONE to vote on maps. That's the main thing that's keeping me from playing ranked these days...

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
cogger

cogger

All very good ideas
Forum Index » New Feature Request