[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Advanced Teamplay
Forum Index » New Feature Request
striezel

striezel

I had several ideas on adding some new features to team matches.
One of them was the ability to transfer the control of your units to an ally, this could be temporary or permanent but i think both would be nice to be able to.
My second idea was adding a gamemode where teams share one credit pool to make teammates talk about their actions more.
The third idea was enabling a third and fourth team to game creation and adding the ability to set what player starts with what base on game setup rather than setting the bases player X starts on map creation.

thank you for reading, i hope you like at least some of my ideas

"Don't lick it unless it's super clean." - Spiritfinger
regard87

regard87

A common money mode and more than two teams both sound great.

Swapping units could be cool, I'd ALSO like to be able to swap bases. That might be a tough one to manage because you dont want teammates to be able to take your bases without asking, however I could see scenarios where it would be worth doing.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
regard87

regard87

Also could it be possible to somehow remove the units of an ally whos quit?
Meaning if a teammate bails early, or is booted. This can be a pain sometimes as thier remaining units can be sitting on thier bases, preventing you from capturing them to make up the credit difference. Or thier remaining units can be sitting on a heal spot or in an important strategic position.

Being able to remove thier peices, or even just being able to shoot them would give you a chance to cap thier bases rather than hoping the enemy destroys those units then trying to beat them to the capture.

Not a big issue by any means but maybe something thatd be worth rolling in with other team changes.

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I have a better idea regarding a teammate who quits or is kicked. How about they remain as a player and others from the same team take turns controlling their units. For an example of how this works in an online multiplayer game (albeit in a simpler form), play ShellShock Live for a few rounds. Whenever a player quits their teammate(s) take control of their tank. In UniWar I'd prefer that all remaining teamates take turns substituting and control all of the units and bases of the removed player, taking a whole turn for that player. If multiple players want to coordinate the strategy of the substituted player, they'll have to team chat, but I don't think that's an issue.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

or even better: abandoned units fall in control to owner of closest firendly base
(much easier to implement)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Yeah, my first idea was for units and bases to be split between players, but substitution turns are less of a gameplay disruption. I actually think they'd be easier to implement to, because they're just like a regular turn except a different player plays.

[WWW]
youownme

youownme

The other player could just surrender and would essentially be a 2v1.

-_-
striezel

striezel

what about being able to invite a new player to take the place of the player that surrendered if all players agree?

"Don't lick it unless it's super clean." - Spiritfinger
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

youownme wrote: The other player could just surrender and would essentially be a 2v1.

No. My idea was teamplay, not FFA

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

striezel wrote: what about being able to invite a new player to take the place of the player that surrendered if all players agree?

Better that a bot takes over automatically (much easier top implement). This would have to be unrated ofc.

[Email]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

youownme wrote: The other player could just surrender and would essentially be a 2v1.

No, it's essentially a 2v1 if your teammate surrenders and leaves you on your own against two enemies. That's what substitution turns or units split between remaining players are for, they try to keep it fair for the remaining player by letting them play for their teammate.

[WWW]
regard87

regard87

droidfreak36 wrote:

No, it's essentially a 2v1 if your teammate surrenders and leaves you on your own against two enemies. That's what substitution turns or units split between remaining players are for, they try to keep it fair for the remaining player by letting them play for their teammate.

2v1 or not if you have equal money with the opposing team whats the difference?

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

In the current arrangement, a 2v2 game with one player surrendered is unfair because the team with two players gets twice the money of the team with 1. What simsverd and I propose are ways to solve this problem by allowing the single player to use the bases/units/money of the surrendered player.

[WWW]
Forum Index » New Feature Request