[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Three ideas I had...
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

#1 - I LOVE how the Mechas can teleport and the Underlings can bury themselves. But what the hell happened with the Marine?! They have NO special ability whatsoever. I get that you know, they're Humans, and we don't really have any special ability whilst robots can teleport and bugs can bury themselves and such, but why can't the Marines get one? An idea or two I had for this were...

How about the Marine being able to repair another unit as it's action? Like if it's next to a tank, and you want to attack with the tank and repair it, use the Marine to repair it instead of moving, attacking, or repairing itself, then you can attack with the tank. But make the marine's "Ally repair rate" 1 and disable it for 4 turns, or 2 and disable it for 7 or something. That'd be cool.

Hmm...or what about a morale boost for your allies? Like, boost all the attack ratings of your surrounding allies by 2 or 3 for like 2 turns.

Maybe one of those? I mean, give them something please! List other suggestions in here if you want, those are just mine, does anyone else agree though?

#2 - The Assimilator's special ability, the UV thing. Does anyone here think that should be improved...or changed? I mean, I hate it to be honest. I love the plague and the EMP is awesome...but the whole remove one point and then wait 13 turns thing, blech. It's cool when you get like 3 or 4 assimilators and then just use all of the UVs at once. Does anyone else have an opinion/idea on whether this should be changed? Eh, maybe I'm wrong. Just an idea.

#3 - The Sapien's Battery. The range on it only spans two space (3-4) while the Wyrm and Walker's ranges span 3 (1-3) and (3-5). It just seems a little debilitating. Could you change the range to (2-4) or maybe give it the ability to move and attack? If you changed the ranges, then they would be consecutive like...

1-3 Wyrm
2-4 Battery
3-5 Walker

...see? I would recommend that compared to the attack and move feature, just because it makes more sense. But the attack and move feature would be lovely ^_^

But yeah, that's all. I just wondered whether anyone else agreed, and whether the people who run this (mods...?) would actually think about making these changes? I personally would LOVE it. Haha, and no, I'm not a Sapien player. I personally love the Khraleans. I just thought there should be a few changes to the Sapiens.

Pretty please?

Thanks!!!

_Unima robj
Anonymous

Anonymous
the limits of the marine are quite evident on the thermopylae map. titans and krahleans start with 6 units each which actually have some use, while the six marines are barely worth as cannonfodder. so yes, something should be done about them.
another possibility would be to turn them to units who lay minefields or can change terrain (swamp to terrain), or build fortifications (like woods, but which also work for tanks and batteries)
lorfje

lorfje

I actually think that the units are well balanced generally. The Marine is a very useful all-round unit. Three-hex mobility unlike the slower Mecha, good air-attack unlike the Underling. and good vision.

The special ability of the Underling is cool but the Khraleans have some fairly lame units (Swarmer, Garuda, Leviathan) so some compensation was called for.

The UV attack of the Assimilator has range 5, so if there's 2000 worth of opponents in that range it pays for its unit cost in just one use (10% damage of 2000).

The Battery is less expensive than the Walker and stronger against Light ground and Air units. Not the best unit but not bad either.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I would not mind seeing the Battery range change to 2-4.
cerealekillr

cerealekillr

lorfje wrote: I actually think that the units are well balanced generally. The Marine is a very useful all-round unit. Three-hex mobility unlike the slower Mecha, good air-attack unlike the Underling. and good vision.

The special ability of the Underling is cool but the Khraleans have some fairly lame units (Swarmer, Garuda, Leviathan) so some compensation was called for.

The UV attack of the Assimilator has range 5, so if there's 2000 worth of opponents in that range it pays for its unit cost in just one use (10% damage of 2000).

The Battery is less expensive than the Walker and stronger against Light ground and Air units. Not the best unit but not bad either.

One objection: taking 5 times 1 point with a UV isnt the same as doing 5 damage to one unit and leaving the rest untouched, when you have a swarm of enemies coming and you hit them all with your assimilator, the front units can still attack and only have one point of disadvantage each, while the back units will certainly heal

But for the rest you are making good points
nlb149

nlb149

I think that if any race needs to be tweaked it is the Khralens. The swarmer might be the worst unit in the game and definitely the worst of the three 250 credit units and it takes three leviathans to destroy one Sapian ship (although 2 do get it down to 1 or 2 points) and they heal at the same rate exact same rate. I know the infector is the best healing unit and the plague can be very effective in certain situations but overall I don't think it evens out because it is still difficult to get the infector in a position to heal the units with its limited mobility.

Marines are great, actually. They have good offense and can attack flying units so they're murder on Khraleans. They're pretty mobile so they can really slow down titans. And don't underestimate the value of cannon fodder.

They're actually the most useful in direct combat, I think, of the three races. Underlings are too fragile and can't attack air units (but they're murder when resurfacing.) Mechas are strong but not mobile at all and are easy to grab with engineers-- they're the easiest of the three to capture, since they can't get away easily and they can be disabled with EMP.

Swarmers are a little weak-- I wish they were 200 instead of 250-- but they're great units when they, well, swarm to get the gang-up bonus. One-on-one they kind of suck, but a bunch of them can really turn the tide in a battle. I do with they were a little more disposable though.

Don't forget they can attack a unit 2 hexes away so they can completely bypass a 1-layer wall to hit a healing unit or walker/battery behind a tank, or attack a unit blocked by impassable terrain. You just have to know how to use them.

The sapien battery is basically fine, I think, as well. It's not a popular unit but I don't think it's meant to be.

I was thinking about the UV and you're right, it could really be improved. Titans are just pretty weak right now. If they can set up a solid wall with a walker or two, great, or if they can spam mechas on an exploit map, great too, but when it comes to straight-up battles they're strangely the weakest race.

So what if the UV took did one point of damage to all as now, but also lowered attack, defense and movement for all enemy units for one turn as well? That could be a good tactical advantage on par with the plague and EMP (and it would be temporary, but could stack with multiple assimilators, so you could really weaken them temporarily for one turn)
Anonymous

Anonymous
I think UV blasts should do 1 damage to all sapiens and khraleans and also heal all nearby titans by 1. Even enemies.
kwigibo

kwigibo

5200 wrote: I was thinking about the UV and you're right, it could really be improved. Titans are just pretty weak right now. If they can set up a solid wall with a walker or two, great, or if they can spam mechas on an exploit map, great too, but when it comes to straight-up battles they're strangely the weakest race.

So what if the UV took did one point of damage to all as now, but also lowered attack, defense and movement for all enemy units for one turn as well? That could be a good tactical advantage on par with the plague and EMP (and it would be temporary, but could stack with multiple assimilators, so you could really weaken them temporarily for one turn)

This idea isn't bad, you could even rename the ability to "Scream" or something else more evocative of damage that could make you more vulnerable to attack as well as weaker on retaliation.
Anonymous

Anonymous
I see what you guys are saying. I guess the marine could be fine, I just don't use Sapiens much.
Swarmers, agreed, aren't the greatest thing in the world.
But I still stand on my UV opinion, I don't really think it's all that effective. The most useful I've found it to be is when you get an enemy down to 1, and can't take it out in that turn with anything else, then it's useful. But, gah, no thank you. I think a pros and cons page of the races and units would be nice.

Possible idea admin? I mean, for the site.
Unimarobj

Unimarobj

I see what you guys are saying. I guess the marine could be fine, I just don't use Sapiens much.
Swarmers, agreed, aren't the greatest thing in the world.
But I still stand on my UV opinion, I don't really think it's all that effective. The most useful I've found it to be is when you get an enemy down to 1, and can't take it out in that turn with anything else, then it's useful. But, gah, no thank you. I think a pros and cons page of the races and units would be nice.

Possible idea admin? I mean, for the site.
Forum Index » New Feature Request