[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sept 10 changes...
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

Hi All,
I'm all for balancing and the upcoming changes have me concerned for a few things:

1) Battery -
While buffing it with movement afterwards is perfect for a unit that doesn't get much use in the first place due to the lack of benefits that the other 2 race's long range units have, bumping the price of it to 650 would just render the unit that's not worth the price yet again. I'd be for the buff and keep the price at 550 as I do not think the buff is worth another 100 credits....even a 600 price would be ok.

2) Plague -
Buffing this to 2 hexes could mean death for the Sapiens. Now, with the ease to plague the Sapiens, just think about air battles with choppers that are unable to heal unless you've got engineers. Maybe if we buff the Engineers' movement to 7 that might make it better balanced.

What do you all think?

Also, I'd be for buffing the Plasma Tanks to a 7 movement as well.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Yes, I agree about the artillery
I am very upset that the price will be 650, now sapiens lose any chance to beat the Titans on 90% maps.

Artillery is used ONLY against the Titans (or in Sap-Sap). The use of artillery against khral does not make sense in 99% maps. Therefore, changing the price of artillery, we only affect the balance sapiens-titans.
Previously, there was a small chance for sapiens to defeat the Titans due to cheap artillery, now there is no such chance.

So, I strongly believe that:

1. We have to give mobility artillery after the shot. it is good
2. We should leave the price 550, or even make it 500.

In this case, we would have really improved the balance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 06, 2012 20:32

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
youownme

youownme

I have already been told price will be reduced if it is too much.

-_-
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Today battery is obviously overprice. i.e. it's quality doesn't deserve its price of 550c.

If you make it able to move after attack but rise its price to 650c,
I'm afraid it will be the same overpriced unit again

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 07, 2012 02:26

Zashmaster

Zashmaster

I think the Battery changes are good, but agree. I'm a khralean guy, but do like to explore and use sapiens time to time. yea the cost shouldn't go up, or make it an even 600. I'm also the guy who bases his attack with Sapiens off of long-range covering heli-copters. i don't know, not the best change but still a great game
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

?????? ????? ?????? ????. ?????? ??????? - ????? ????? ???????? ????????????. ?????? ????, ????? ???????? ??????, ?? ??? ???????? ? ???????? ?????? ??????????. ? ????? ???????, ???? ?????? ???????.

Tomorrow will be a bad day. Balance sapiens - titan will be destroyed completely. Instead of improving the balance you destroy it. You need not listen to advice amateurs.
I am very disappointed, the game loses interest.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 09, 2012 01:38

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

talone wrote: ?????? ????? ?????? ????. ?????? ??????? - ????? ????? ???????? ????????????. ?????? ????, ????? ???????? ??????, ?? ??? ???????? ? ???????? ?????? ??????????. ? ????? ???????, ???? ?????? ???????.

Tomorrow will be a bad day. Balance sapiens - titan will be destroyed completely. Instead of improving the balance you destroy it. You need not listen to advice amateurs.
I am very disappointed, the game loses interest.

Indeed it will be for all us Uniwarriors.
While I agree, the sapiens - titans balance will be tilted, the change will mostly affect the balance between sapiens - khrals.

Even tho I'm a heavy Khrals player myself, nerfing the Sapiens this way will upset the balance a bit too much I think.

I'm for your idea of buffing the battery but keeping the price at 550credits.
As for the plague buff, either keep it 1 hex, or like the engineers, buffing it to 2 hexes but cannot deliver after movement.
[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

[Avatar]
Cpt Hawaiian

It's understandable that there is concern in the community about changes, but rest at ease everybody! Now is the time to go out and playtest these changes and post your specific experiences and feedback. All balance changes are only theory in the beginning. Rest assured the best balance change will prevail. If the changes are in error, they will be reverted. However, try them with an open mind and post your experiences so everyone can test them too!

---------------------------------------
MODERATOR has spoken.
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

On Runiwar (http://runiwar.ru) warriors conducted a series of tests of new military technologies.
The bottom line is:
1. battles sap-sap and sap - khral became more interesting
2. battles sap-titan have become catastrophically unbalanced on maps with low and middle income (the most interesting and difficult maps).

Conclusion: We emphatically believe that the cost of artillery should be returned to the level of 550. We strongly ask devs about this.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Sep 11, 2012 23:00

[WWW]
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I have another idea. How about we slightly raise the price (600?) but also increase the Battery's range to 2-4. Increasing the Battery's range band is a suggestion that has been floating around the community for a long time, and now that the Battery is already getting screwed up we might as well try it. =P

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
youownme

youownme

I personally do not think this is a good idea, because then range 2 units have a much harder time countering battery. Range two to four will not help against titans significantly. And Talone if you could give some examples of such maps where balance is skewed, I would like to test them.

-_-
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Maybe so, I'm just bringing up the idea that has been suggested by others in the past. In any case I agree that the Battery's price should be lowered, the Battery wasn't worth 550 even before and I don't think that a single tile of move after attack is worth over 100 credits. I'll admit that the move after attack is an interesting feature and makes the battery more useful, but it's still not worth 650 credits. Perhaps 600 credits is a good compromise, or perhaps it should stay 550.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

I too agree that the added movement after attack is very interesting...I actually like it. But like everyone else is saying also, the 100credit bump is just a tad too much. Keeping it at 550 would be perfect, but bumping it to 600 is ok too...there's a fine line.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

reallyfun wrote: I too agree that the added movement after attack is very interesting...I actually like it. But like everyone else is saying also, the 100credit bump is just a tad too much. Keeping it at 550 would be perfect, but bumping it to 600 is ok too...there's a fine line.

totally agree
youownme

youownme

If you feel this way, please invite me and demonstrate why. It would help greatly.

-_-
Forum Index » General Discussion