[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Sept 10 changes...
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Now sap-titan UniWar is totally disbalanced, we lost players, we need make artillery price to 500 SOON! This is the question of prestige for Uniwar. 650 was great mistake, now it must be corrected. We all are waiting!

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
marqes

[Avatar]
marqes

talone wrote: Now sap-titan UniWar is totally disbalanced

totally agree, return battery, or raise the price speeder and plasma and...

-= The RUniwaR Team =-
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

marqes wrote:
  talone wrote: Now sap-titan UniWar is totally disbalanced

totally agree, return battery, or raise the price speeder and plasma and...

Its still under consideration. Lowering the price to much will also affect the balance of sap vs khral. Battery is actually useful vs khral now.

Have you or talone invited youownme to a game and demonstrated?

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Artillery is useless against khral on 95% maps. So changing artillery price we change only sap-titan balance.
650 is TOO many for artillery.
If you don't believe try ro win me in CHATOHILL, i titan, you - sap. You can't do NOTHING, absolutely no chance (if players are strong). I played with youownme, that time i was drunk, had a battle with my wife and done a lote of stupid mistakes. But even this facts didn't help youownme to win me. My mistakes have given him a chance, he tried, but still could not do anything. The next day I got sober, quickly made ??up for the loss and won easily. That's because now there is a huge disbalance sap-??titan. Also i won Cpt easily. They are good players but disbalance is too big.

So we must reduce artillery price to 500-550

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

We can test any non specific map with normal income (200-400 credits). ChatoHil is non specific too, DeadMonk and so on. Specific is jungle, Laguna and so on, on this maps sap win titan only by engineers, they don't need artillery. About 90% maps are non specific, change any one and will see, that now sap-titan balance become worse.

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

In general, it seems that you just do not want to notice the obvious and defend your position at all costs. Decide what you need: beat me to the dispute or make a good balance

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 16, 2012 03:51

[WWW]
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

It sounds like there is some agreement 600 might be right. But the reason for testing at this point is to avoid repeated tweaking of things, instead try to find out what is really right. I know some of the other veterans have been playing tests it would be great to hear from them. I'm 'back' for the moment i.e. have a bit more time so will play some games myself.

I'll throw out a personal request that some of the drama and weeping get turned down. Just a request. I personally think players should be happy the devs are still trying improvements to this $0.99 game. Thanks own and sims for helping keep the game alive and pushing for some evolution here. I'm excited about the battery movement – it's consistent with Sap strength in tactical combinations and is a huge deal in general. If you imagine firing on targets 2-5 more times in the critical sequence of a game it's pretty easy to imagine delivering more than +100cr worth of damage. But it's true the real assessment is in how it effects total balance, and that just requires extensive testing of sap-titan plus patience. I agree with sims there is likely to be more maps where batteries can be used effectively vs. khral now, but not sure that will be a huge deal for overall balance (I'm concerned about the plague bombing though – haven't seen much discussion on that yet).

Talone pulling out the 'drunk' excuse yet again(!) isn't super helpful for confidence. Would love to hear from some of the other vets; I'll try to extract some of their impressions so far and share back.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Since titans already had a lot of advantages previously on 'non-specific' maps and tended to win a lot of them, it would be helpful to list the maps where we think s-t balance has actually changed/flipped. I never played Chato enough against strong enough opponents I don't think - is the argument that it used to be a sap win, and now it is not?

Those arguing the cost is too high should be able to cite maps where sap used to win and now they don't, I think. Though it is obviously also interesting if say sap still loses but it just feels more hopeless now because the early game rush has been de-fanged, as talone seems to be arguing. Inversely, anyone arguing for the price to stay high should be able to cite maps that used to be titan wins are now more contested or actually sap wins. Presumably those would be bigger maps – good candidates for this category?

The current comment from vincent is he wants to playtest more before commenting.
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

Yeah, the move-after-attack battery actually more useful in sap-kharl battle.
But I think it's good because it allow sap players to use more variety of units against kharl.
And kharl players also have their infectors boot (without having to pay more )
Thus sap-kharl battle should still interesting.

But sap-titan battles I'm fighting are somehow frustrate to me sap players.
Because my titan opponents can bring a walker just about a next turn after I build battery.
And walkers have a privilege range of 5 instantly,
while battery have to move after attack to the reach range of 5.

I think the move after attack of battery, with mobility 4, isn't a true move after attack like speeder.
Sometime I can't use this ability when batteries have to land in the middle of jungle/swamp.
Thus, I think it's just a half move after attack ability.
And increase price 100credit is too much for this half ability.

I think this half ability just make bettery deserve the previous price of 550c.
But to compromise with the community, 600credit per new battery maybe a good price.
Not too suffer for sap-likers to carry on the playtests like today.

Anyway, Thanks for developers to keep improving this game balance.
Then the Uniwar should reach the absolute balance someday, just a matter of time

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 17, 2012 00:24

WolfCat

WolfCat

I'm beginning to think that artillery should cost 600.
It's also worth mentioning that move after fire for artillery is a great thing and really improves gameplay fun
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

Like others have mentioned, having played some games with the new and improved battery, I can honestly say that it's a much better unit than before. However, I'm also in agreement that the 650 price tag is still a bit too steep for what it's worth. So I'd vouch for a 600credit new and improved battery also.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 20, 2012 12:58

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I agree on the battery price change being a bit too much, as well as plague being kind of problematic.
I'd just like to point out bumping the plasma tank's mobility to 7 is kind of too much. It's supposed to be it's only weakness, please leave it.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
stormtrooper

stormtrooper

I'm experiencing this now on several maps. The move after attack is of little use against titans. The titans just don't have to be in your range to destroy you.

Walkers and speeders are the dynamic duo against sapien. They both sit safely out of range of the battery AND the slow moving sapien armor. The helicopters do little damage against armor while the walkers do massive damage against air.

[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I find it really nice. You hit a tank and you retreat before it can hit you back. Of course, like anything else in this game, it heavily depends on the map.

Rofl someone on some topic got mad and downvoted me...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Sep 25, 2012 09:53

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
Forum Index » General Discussion