[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Viewing maps before joining a game
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
khabarakh

[Avatar]
khabarakh

It would be great if there was a way to view a map of a game before you join it. If you are unfamiliar with the map, it helps seeing it first. Currently I just look at available games, then create one of my own with the same map name so I can see what it is, then go back and join the game if I like the map. Plus, it helps when determining what race to use.
[Avatar]
lordertz

[Avatar]
lordertz

click on the magnifying glass on the bottom left...it shows you the map and the starting places of the units before you make the game...always been there. Hope that helps.
brainiac

brainiac

lordertz wrote: click on the magnifying glass on the bottom left...it shows you the map and the starting places of the units before you make the game...always been there. Hope that helps.

when you do that, it says "your session has expired." and makes you log in again.
[Avatar]
lordertz

[Avatar]
lordertz

That's weird, that doesn't happen to me. I DO get the session expired occasionally when setting up games but usually only once and it goes away. Weird.
Snark

Snark

lordertz wrote: click on the magnifying glass on the bottom left...it shows you the map and the starting places of the units before you make the game...always been there. Hope that helps.

Yes, that's if you *create* a game, but there's no option when *joining*. And yes, I miss that feature too.
[Avatar]
lordertz

[Avatar]
lordertz

Snark wrote:

Yes, that's if you *create* a game, but there's no option when *joining*. And yes, I miss that feature too.

Ah yes you are right. I usually make my games and don't join them I can completely see why you would want to see the map. To choose the right race etc...

I second this motion. Or third it or whatever.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Also it is a REAL pain to scroll through the maps to get to the larger maps. The scrolling is horrible. Maybe a drop down menu please?
Anonymous

Anonymous
Or even allow us to scroll in the other direction so we can start off scrolling through the big maps.
Synozeer

Synozeer

Hmmm, I posted that last anonymous message but it said I was logged in. I had to click the log out button twice to log out, then log back in.
[Avatar]
lordertz

[Avatar]
lordertz

Synozeer wrote: Hmmm, I posted that last anonymous message but it said I was logged in. I had to click the log out button twice to log out, then log back in.

I've posted about 80% of the other anon messages while logged in as well lol.
GameShaman

GameShaman

Just thought I'd bump this. I was going to post the same thing and found this way at the bottom. This is very annoying, especially for newer players.
[Yahoo!] [ICQ]
Anonymous

Anonymous
map preview before joining game and showing the starting position of players on the map would be nice.

also need a quick way to get to the multiplayer maps when creating games. maybe the first map selection screen should allow the user to select the category, e.g. 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, 4v4, and then go from there. that way you don't have to scroll through 20 maps to find a multiplayer map.
Forum Index » New Feature Request