[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Game crashes whole phone
Forum Index » Bug Reports
buck

buck

I'm playing v 1.6.2 on an SGS2 which I recently upgraded to ICS v 4.0.4. Since then Uniwar regularly freezes and the only way I can get out of it is to remove the battery. Urgently need this fixing or I will have to reluctantly uninstall.
smartsmurf

smartsmurf

The same for me on my SGS2 running ICS v4.0.4 (PDA: I9100XWLPW, PHONE: I9100XXLQ6). Uniwar is the only app which causes issues. It completely freezes the phone.

Btw, you don't need to remove the battery. Just keep the power button pressed for several seconds until it reboots.
Ringelsocken

Ringelsocken

Same problem here also on a sgs2. But it occured after the update to android 4.1 . Before this update I had now problems. It happens about in 1 from 5 games.
Darky

Darky

same problem:
samsung galaxy s2 with android 4.0.4 crashes the whole phone, cant play anymore, have to remove the battery. plz patch the game, want to play it !
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Devs are looking into it and will deploy a fix soon

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

We have been unable to reproduce this issue. We are highly interested to fix it for the next release. Can you please provide us as much information as possible? Ideally, we would like to know the
* exact phone model
* carrier
* OS version
* uniwar version
* frequency: how often does it happen? Do you have steps or hints to reproduce it?

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Darky

Darky

samsung galaxy s2 i9100 with android 4.0.4 (german telekom branding)
uniwar 1.6.2
i cant find a trigger or special step that crashes the game but i found out the game stops crashing for me since i only have 3-5 active mp games. it crashed a lot ( every 3-4 game) when i had 12-20 active games.
[Avatar]
soupnet

[Avatar]
soupnet

I can usually get about 3 or 4 moves into a turn before my whole phone freezes and needs to be reset. I can't trigger it, but it happens reliably. I hadn't played for maybe 6 months or so... I'm not sure when this problem started. The game always has been dubious with the extreme heat and battery drain though.

galaxy s2 gt-i9100 android 4.2.1 cm10. If there's any specific info you need, please ask.
jgarrob

jgarrob

I'm getting the same frezze and reboot error in Galaxy 1 (i9000) and a rom based in cyanogenmod 10.

I can't set a patron when I get the reboots. First I think it was when I move it.
Sametimes I can be playing some hours without reboots, and others reboot each 5 min.

Rom based on Android 4.2, but in the previous one based on Andorid 4.04 happens too.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 07, 2013 05:18

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

UPDATE

The freeze problem on the Samsung Galaxy S2 is apparently not specific to UniWar but to the OS Ice Cream Sandwich update 4.0.x using the Dual Core.
The upcoming update 4.1.2 called JellyBean for the S2 is supposed to fix that issue. It is being deployed by Samsung progressively over all countries/network.
See the link below for more info:

http://www.sammobile.com/2013/01/23/samsung-rolls-out-android-4-1-2-jelly-bean-update-to-the-galaxy-s-ii/

For people who do not have the update available and do not want to wait
Here are 2 *UNVERIFIED* fixes found on Android forums that are NOT guaranteed to work:

Fix A: WIPE CACHE + FULL PHONE RESET
- Switch off the phone
- Enter the <3e> menu (hard factory-reset menu) by pressing the volume up + home + power keys
- Select Wipe Cache Partition
- Select Factory Data Reset (If not already done)
- Select Reboot

OR

Fix B: DISABLE THE 2ND CORE
Find an app Google Play that allows to disable it.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 08, 2013 23:48

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Darky

Darky

even after the newest uniwar patch my phone crashes again. in the next few weeks the new android version comes for my phone
i hope xavi is right and it stops the crashes.
s3m420

s3m420

Any updates on this issue? My buddy just downloaded the app on his galaxy s2, and he is having the same problems... Will post phone stats if needed (don't know them off the top of my head).
Darky

Darky

this still needs to be fixed. OS 4.0 or higher and the game keep crahing. look at the google play store how many are complaining about your game, please fix it already.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Darky,
Thank you for reporting the issue. An update 1.7.0 is coming in the next days to fix some crashes & improve performance.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » Bug Reports