[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Let's bring back the 1000credits/base option! :)
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

First of all, I'm all for sophisticated and balanced ladder maps. Heck, I even made a few myself.
But once every so often, I'd like to make some massive/crazy maps with unlimited resources just for fun.

So how about it? Let's bring back the 1000credits/base feature!
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Why do you think it was changed?

...because so many players thought they would make crazy and "cool" maps... that possibly is fun to play once or twice but is hopeless when it comes to balance.

There is actually an issue with map overflow that is not finally solved yet.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

simsverd wrote: Why do you think it was changed?

...because so many players thought they would make crazy and "cool" maps... that possibly is fun to play once or twice but is hopeless when it comes to balance.

Well it's hopeless if you look at these maps that way, but that's not the point of them anyway. They're just for fun, not balance. I'm playing quite a few maps with 1000/bases with my other 7 friends and we are loving the hell out of them! It's a brawl.

simsverd wrote:There is actually an issue with map overflow that is not finally solved yet.

Well, as long as there are ways to categorize them, I'm not a believer in deleting/removing maps. We just need to find a way to sort them...ie. ways to show only maps that's been played more than 10 times and rated 50-75% or above, etc. A more powerful sorting system would solve this.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

I don't want it because some idiots are bound to vote it up and I'm going to end up as sapiens against titans on it..

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

I know some of you hate the idea but I really think we shouldn't restrict our map making ability too much...or the game itself for that matter, instead I think expanding it will draw more audiences.

Take StarCraft for example, it's got a HUGE user base and why? Because it has games for both the hard core competitor gamer with its ladder games AND it's got capabilities to make 'silly' games as well to appeal to the casual players due to its dynamic map creator. Imagine the appeal of SC if all it's got are the ladder/competitive games/maps, it would have an a lot smaller user base...and it isn't something that we want for Uniwar I believe.

We definitely need a system to categorize the ladder maps vs the non-competitive maps, but I don't think we should strip down the map editor's capabilities.

Just my 2 cents.
[Avatar]
Nicko

[Avatar]
Nicko

Okay let me elaborate:
I don't want it with our current map rating system, because like I said it is BOUND to become rated sooner or later.
Restricting map making isn't smart, and I'm totally up for more editing tools, but first I'd like to see a better map rating system before this which is a much minor issue.

"I hate the world's population, it's too large and getting larger. People need to slow down on the sex!"

Wandering...
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

Agreed. A better map rating system is much needed...especially for 1v1 ladder maps.
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

Been making new maps and just thinking about this again. Maybe not the 1000cred/base option, how about upping it to 300?
There are default maps that have 250cred bases, and I think in some maps/cases that could be an interesting strategy to have.

What does everyone think?
Forum Index » New Feature Request