[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
dream teams
Forum Index » New Feature Request
oblivion42

oblivion42

I don't like any of the races too much, just like a couple units here and there. Wouldn't it be cool if we could make our own custom race, allowed to choose one unit per cost (mecha marine or underling and the 250s) or ability (engineer assimilator or infector) or class ( ground heavy tanking units: tank plasma tank or pinzer). I realize that the garuda copter and eclipse isn't really a particular class on their own. Not sure how plague emp or UV bomb or transforming would work tho. Just a thought
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Not a good idea for rated games IMO, but just for kicks here's my take on the categories and my dream team.

Infantry class: Marine, Mecha, Underling
I'd choose Underling, it can capture a base 3 tiles away and can be a ninjaling.

Light class: Marauder, Speeder, Swarmer
I'd choose Swarmer, it can attack at a range of 2 and is immune to units with no anti-air.

Special class: Engineer, Assimilator, Infector
I'd choose Infector, it is more expensive but has x3 heal.

Air/anti-air class: Helicopter, Eclipse, Garuda
I'd choose Ecipse, its ability to swat air units out of the sky is just awesome, not to mention it pwns ground units in flat terrain.

Heavy class: Tank, Plasma tank, Pinzer
I'd choose Pinzer, it is a bit weaker than the Plasma but costs less and heals twice as fast.

Artillery class: Battery, Walker, Wyrm
I'd choose Wyrm, it is the only artillery with attack after move allowing it to continuously fire and it is also the cheapest.

Naval class: Destroyer, Hydronaut, Leviathan
I'd choose Hydronaut, it has the longest range and thus is the best at dealing unanswered damage.

And that's why I play Khrals, they have 5/7 of the best units per class IMO.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

Infantry class: Underling
Close between underling and marine...but underling wins out for the mobility and burrowing.

Light class: Marauder
Its mobility is unmatched.

Special class: Engineer
Cuz Mecha-IIs are badass.

Air/anti-air class: Garuda
Garuda for actual air(unlike eclipse) and cheaper to build than chopper.

Heavy class: Plasma tank
Toss up between this and Pincer. But the sheer power of the plasma tank wins out.

Artillery class: Wyrm
You can't beat movement plus long range attack on this one. Plus only $550!

Naval class: Destroyer
The king of the sea. Hydro has better range but suffers from 1 less sight and inability to melee.
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

Ok, this may be getting far off topic, but I can't resist comparing our choices and defending mine. Call me argument-prone; well, I am.

Marauder VS Swarmer
Marauder was a fairly close second here, and it can be very useful at times but Swarmer is useful almost all of the time. It can deal unanswered damage due to its longer range and it can attack enemies that are behind cover of other units (making Walkers have a 2 hex radius meatshield to block them).

Garuda VS Eclipse
Same deal here, the range of 2 makes the Eclipse able to take out enemies from behind cover of friendlies, take out enemies that are behind their own cover, and deal unanswered damage in many cases. Garuda is a decent unit, but it's not as good as Eclipse IMO. Also, my dream team already has actual air in the form of the Swarmer.

Engineer VS Infector
I'm an engineering major, but I still thing Infectors are better than Engineers . The fact that they have x3 heal means that with two of them or one and a heal pad you can heal 9 (full health from 1), whereas to get close to that with Engineers or Assimilators you would need 3 to produce a heal of 8, where less healing power takes up more space, and is more susceptible to flank attacks. Pinzer with Infector behind it is by far the best heavy + special combo for soaking up damage.

Plasma VS Pinzer
As I mentioned before, my choice is due to the superior healing of the Pinzer. I have frequently destroyed Plasmas with Pinzers in a head on fight due to the fact that Pinzers heal faster. Sure, Pinzers take more damage than Plasmas, but they don't take anywhere near twice as much and they usually survive the first attack to heal back up and strike back with a vengeance. I have to admit that the anti-air ability of Plasmas is impressive, but I already have Eclipses in my dream team so I don't need Plasmas for that.

Destroyer VS Hydronaut
Have you ever played large naval battles without air support? It becomes abundantly clear on those maps that Hydronauts win out over Destroyers. I used to think that Destroyers ruled the sea, but after playing some naval battles against my friend it became clear Hydros won. They are the most susceptible to air attacks, but my dream team includes Swarmers to provide a meatshield (unlike the Titan race which has no air). I could easily prove this point if we played a Sap-Titan naval battle and the Sap player used no air, even without protection from ramming attacks Hydros virtually always win a fair fight.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

I think this dream team mode will be useful in adjusting game balance and it also should be fun to play.

For Example.
In this dream team mode,
players can choose 7 units from any race like you said.
But the maps they play will be random.
Price of all units will be adjust every 15 finished games.

After 15 game finished.
If all 3 units in each types are balance,
they should be buy equally around 5 times.

If the unit was buy less than 3 times,
that mean the consumers think the unit is too expensive.
Then the unit's price will be reduce 10 credit.

Likewise, if the unit was buy more than 7 times, the unit's price will be increased 10 credit.

Example, players can select 1 from 3 kinds of tank : tank 400credit, pinzer 450c or plasma tank 500c.
From 1st to 15th game, pinzer was buy 10 times, plasma tank 5 times and tank 0 time.
Then pinzer's price become 460c (+10 ),
tank become 390c (-10) and plasma tank 500c (same).

From game 16th - 30th. Since tank is cheaper and pinzer more expensive,
pinzer was buy 7 time, plasma tank 7 times and tank 1 time.
Then tank become 380c (-10). Prices of pinzer and plasma tank remain unchange.

In game 31th - 45th, game 46th-60th and game 61th - 75th, all tanks was buy around 3-7 times. Thus the prices of all tanks become stable.

Then in this mode, the game will never be far from the absolute balance.
Whether the units is underpowered or overpowered,
they will be automatically moved to their "true" prices by mechanism of demand-supply.

But maps should be random.
Becasue some units may be especially strong in some maps.

[Avatar]
N1njaC00k1e

[Avatar]
N1njaC00k1e

Dream team mode would be awesome, it could be allowed for certain matches( as listed bellow ):
- a "dream" Match with custom teams ONLY
- vs. mode with randomly generated teams
- solo mode vs a randomly generated team
- a "challenge" campaign of some sort
My dream team would be underlings, engineer, marauder, tank, helicopter, walker, and battleship.

Creator of the first origin idea
[Avatar]
Seamonster95

[Avatar]
Seamonster95

I think a dream team would be cool in unrated games. We need something new and fun to bring people back to uniwar. Something to mix it up.

-Nessie
metadeity

metadeity

How about a light infantry war, onky units are mechas, marines, underlings, engineers, infectors amd assimilators and you all have them with maybe one more unit aat most

You can try to cancel eachother's offense with a healer that way
It'd be great on small low credit maps
Forum Index » New Feature Request