[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Late to the party?
Forum Index » General Discussion
DirtyRat

DirtyRat

Greetings folks, first post here, I believe. I had a few comments, suggestions, the like to share. Firstly, have I arrived late to the Uniwar party? Or is the community still alive and well? Seems like the forum here, although having a direct link from the game (Android) is a bit of a ghost town. Occasional posts, but for the most part, fairly quiet.

Now I'm willing to concede, sadly, that some of these issues bear from the fact that people who play the game do so from their phones/tablets. And quite simply, typing on these devices is a bit of a pain in the tail. I've considered getting a USB keyboard for my tablet for just this reason. The reality of the frustration of typing on touchscreen devices is that we (the people) are becoming nothing but a bunch of consumers, and not creators. That is, we read, but don't post.

Also draws to my second point, am I getting the quiet types, or do people not chat in Uniwar? I think it's the fact that Uniwarriors play multiple games, and tend to hop from one to the next in a session, instead of dwell on any one. The beauty of these turn based gems (my previous favorite, Worms Armeggedon had a thriving community) is the ability to chat with new people often. In those button mashing FPSs, there's no time to think/talk. Only kill kill kill!

And lastly, (I think) is a few suggestions. First, as this is a Android/iOS game, use Tapatalk compatibility with your forum! I don't know the logistics of this, but I think it would promote more activity on the forum. At least I know I would find the forums easier to navigate/use with Tapatalk.

And also, am I missing something in game, but is there an easier way to add a friend? On a person's profile screen, is there no place to add a friend? It seems you must find the person's name buried in the leaderboards to add them as a friend. And, realisticly, unless you and them are online at the same time, reading through the full leaderboards is exhausting. A button to click on the person's profile (which is available in the war report) to add them as a friend would be a welcome addition. That's a simple fix (unless like I said, I'm missing this already included feature).

And a more distant suggestion, which may not be as popular, but I'd like to see a way to 'PM' (private message) friends in game. As there's no go way to communicate with friends short of starting a new game with them.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

~DirtyRat

Typed from a good old fashioned desktop PC
[Avatar]
droidfreak36

[Avatar]
droidfreak36

I don't think the forum has ever been an extremely active place, there aren't that many UniWar players in the world and most of them just play the game without reading or posting on the forum. Though I'm relatively new here, so maybe I'm just too new to know if it was more popular before.

I for one read and post on the forums from a real computer, but it's probably true that most players never access it from a computer.

Many people don't chat in Uniwar, but a few do. I'm one of the ones that will occasionally chat with people I don't know, but it's typical for random players to not chat at all. I think that chatting in online games is good and fun (It's a lot of the reason why I like Shellshock live), but it seems that most UniWar players are very casual about it and don't forum or chat. If you want to be more serious about the game, I recommend hanging out on the forum. In particular you can check out the recent topics for what discussions are currently going on.

I think making adding friends easier would be a nice feature. I'm not so sure about the PM feature, there's already a team chat feature and sending messages to specific people could lead to subterfuge of the sort we don't want. You should play with your team as a whole against the other team(s) and shouldn't gang up in FFA unless it's a public, in-game arrangement.

DroidFreak, the roboticist who plays as Khrals.

(Or Titans now that I realize how legit they are)
[WWW]
DirtyRat

DirtyRat

I wasn't sure if the forums were thumping at one time, and I'm just a late bloomer or what. I'll admit I picked up the game off Amazon, what a steal. Definitely one of the better titles Amazon ever offered for free. I'm really enjoying the game, the solo missions were just enough give you a taste of each race, and the multiplayer has been a hoot.

I'll keep trying to chat people up, just hasn't gotten far yet. I'm bound to find somebody talky eventually. My idea for the PM was to chat with people without having to be in a game. I realize it's more a niche thing, and really more a very personal taste that probably wouldn't see much use for others. So that's no biggie. But I definately am digging the game so far. Tried to ring in a couple friends, but nobody's bit, yet.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello and welcome DirtyRat!

The ingame chat is sometimes very busy and sometimes very quiet.. There are talks on everything... even uniwar

I agree that PM outside of the games would be really nice. It has been requested and the devs said it was to much work... hopefully they will reconsider at a later time.
Friend management is not so good atm. Earlier you could add friends right after a game, but it was removed. They are planning a rework of friends administration i think.
The easiest way to do it now is : headquarters, my friends, "+" sign in lower kleft corner, type in freinds name and add.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

For me, a non-english speaking players who access forum from android tablet,
posting long answer in this forum is a double hard work : English & Typing from tablet.
Although I read the forum at least once a week.

And yeah I still have many ideas about the game to share,
but wait until I have enough energy&time to post it.
Because explaining your ideas&concepts in a foreign language
is much more difficult than usual conversation.

About Personal Massage. It may create conspiracy in Free For All games.
Or in team game, sometimes it may create hidden teams within the whole team.
Thus I don't agree with this idea.

But I agree it should have an easier way to add friends.
[Avatar]
reallyfun

[Avatar]
reallyfun

StarryBlink wrote:About Personal Massage. It may create conspiracy in Free For All games.
Or in team game, sometimes it may create hidden teams within the whole team.
Thus I don't agree with this idea.

But I agree it should have an easier way to add friends.

This is a great point.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

I disagree..
Cheaters will always be able to cheat... they can have a game where they plan anyway.. so a PM system is no more abusable then what is possible today.

And rated FFA multiplayer should not be what you meassure farness against.. its very "random and unfair" for all.
(when you join a rated FFA multiplayer you should know the risk...)

I want to have 2 new ways to communicate:
- a PM system primarily between people on your friendlist (but also possible to search up a player and PM)
- possibility to chat in a game that has not started (team and global as is in a started game today). This would enable messages on starting tactics and also messages to game creator to skip players that should not have been allowed to join the game

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
J.C.

J.C.

I open up again this topic after 9 months. but since when has to make alliances in ffa become cheating? A player can make alliances in many ways, so the pm system is not very bad.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
Forum Index » General Discussion