[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
feature request for uniwar.com
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better
El-Mo

El-Mo

I just found uniwar.com, been playing since 2 years on phone without visit to the site, but im glad i found it now. The forum is wonderful, but so far seems to be the only really useful functionality, where there could be a few more features for "power users", that would benefit greatly being incorporated here as opposed/in addition to in game:

- a readout/list function to the user maps database, as in the games selection dialog when starting custom game or downloading map, perhaps with added search/filter functions. its hard to find and compare several maps, especially with the current limited search/filter dialog in game. would be nice to be able to list/view them here, perhaps with added functionality of comparision, enhanced statistics on matches played on it such as win/loss ratio of the several races, or teams vs faa, to bench mark new maps....

- some kind of database based tournament area featuring things like creating entries for tournaments, defining their rules and conditions, and having then a tournament subpage, where players can join/apply for participation, check the history of matches, perhaps even review single match move history, etc. i think there should be official uniwar hosted tournaments as well, you could offer things from your store as prize .

all this could be done with the website only, without change or update of the client. it could be done without direct link to the game servers too, if you just dump the maps or game stats for tournament once a day/week

- a polling component on the landing page regarding proposed new (or recent ones in retrospective) features or changes in gameplay logic, as opposed to hidding them in forum posts. that should be easy to incorporate with existing solutions/scripts out there.

- a map editor ui in browser? but i realize it might be a bit more effort than the first two things.

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

El-Mo wrote:
- a readout/list function to the user maps database, as in the games selection dialog when starting custom game or downloading map, perhaps with added search/filter functions. its hard to find and compare several maps, especially with the current limited search/filter dialog in game. would be nice to be able to list/view them here, perhaps with added functionality of comparision, enhanced statistics on matches played on it such as win/loss ratio of the several races, or teams vs faa, to bench mark new maps....

I agree. The map browser will become better, and some of the things you mention should be visible/possible there. It would actually be very cool to have a web based map browser similar to weewar (weewar.com/maps)

El-Mo wrote:
- some kind of database based tournament area featuring things like creating entries for tournaments, defining their rules and conditions, and having then a tournament subpage, where players can join/apply for participation, check the history of matches, perhaps even review single match move history, etc. i think there should be official uniwar hosted tournaments as well, you could offer things from your store as prize .

We already have a tournament subforum, but yes.. it could evolve... but i would hope to first see in-game tournament functionality...

El-Mo wrote:
- a polling component on the landing page regarding proposed new (or recent ones in retrospective) features or changes in gameplay logic, as opposed to hidding them in forum posts. that should be easy to incorporate with existing solutions/scripts out there.

I dont think i agree on this.. many of the issues to vote are balance issues (or have such).. and i think you get many votes by low level players that dont adress these issues .... thus making the vote not so relevant...

El-Mo wrote:
- a map editor ui in browser? but i realize it might be a bit more effort than the first two things.

If you own the android version you can play the game in the free PC-emulator bluestacks (bluestacks.com) It plays very well there, and its my prefered place to make maps. (PM me or contact me ingame if you need more tips on this)

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
regard87

regard87

User Cramergolfer had a good suggestion I posted here once.

Being able to submitt to Random large FFA games like you can for solo games.

So that people can play ranked 8 person FFA games on random. Would help people who dont know many players play these matches without worrying about collusion too.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
Forum Index » How to make the uniwar.com website better