[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Dan1 Tourney 4
Forum Index » Tournaments
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

actually I can't count, it's 4 sap wins and 4 khral wins. seems like a great map choice...
dan1

dan1

just to update round 1 is over. and the sheet is up to date i believe. if not the only person that may not show as through is player waxoid. 2nd round is soon to start. please keep viewing to see who shall advance

gl all in next round
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Round 2 is complete; the bracket spreadsheet is up to date including info on which races won and in how many rounds:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkMthumKlOnMdERvaUVudnBydUpLYTgteFZWeXRaVmc#gid=3

Titans generally romped in round 2 in Titans vs. Sapiens on Crashlandingfinal. Particularly close game in WolfCat vs. JB-- which came down to the unsatisfying killed/lost tiebreaker (again involving JB--!) after Titans won both games in 24 rounds.

Two rematches in the semi-finals: vincent0923 vs. Vogon Jeltz, reprising last tourney's semi-final before Vincent went on to win, and in the other bracket WolfCat and I. This one will be TvK, map to be named.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 07, 2013 12:58

unikz

unikz

I suggest Frozen Tundra(Map)

not many maps that Titan can win Titan so this is a map i think Titan stands a little chance.Its blue titan,its even worse.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Yeah, I don't love those bookish super-sharp maps with bases right next to each other, but I know lots of folks do. I don't know that they make great tourney maps since the advantage to the player who has played or studied them is so huge. We should definitely do some work on building/identifying maps we think are better for KvT. A little higher credit, some bottlenecking against wyrms and pinzers but with lanes for speeders and eclipses, and you can get a decent fight... that and we need to resurrect a next round of balancing tweaks to get some desperately needed help to this matchup somehow...
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

unikz = vincent?
Vogon Jeltz

Vogon Jeltz

I never played Frozen Tundra. And after reading what waxoid wrote, would prefer different map
I don't mind if we also change setup.
dan1

dan1

yes the problem i have with the maps is i like to chose unknown maps so there is not an advantage to a particular player including myself. so i choose them just by a glance and then the races are picked by random so we have a mix off races and not always the same set ups? any ideas how i can pick better maps without testing them or them being well played lardy.
the next tourney is going to have a different set up and be more forum based.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Semifinals have started

vincent vs Vogon Jeltz
Waxoid vs Wolfcat

Map is kilobyte. Blue titan vs red khral.

Best of luck!

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dan1

dan1

good luck semi finalists
J.C.

J.C.

soli vs. vogon is an amazing challenge, last time won soli... let's see if vogon can do the job

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
dan1

dan1

due to busy schedules. the semi finals have taken there time. but vogon has now entered the final beating vincent. the other game is yet to complete
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Our game is complete as well – congrats WolfCat! I tried two-prong pressure in KvT kilobyte (big lake in center), and even though the north was a bit harder to mount a good Titan defense I just couldn't build enough pressure on either front, while WolfCat's focus on the main front meant he had enough Levis and ants laid to break through. The tourney spreadsheet is updated (link above). Good luck Vogon Jeltz vs. WolfCat in the final.
WolfCat

WolfCat

Thanks for awesome games, Waxoid!
I'll post screenshots of the final rounds of both games here for everyone's entertainment

Vogon Jeltz

Vogon Jeltz

Amazing, my game vs Vincent looked totally different. I'll try to make screenshot of last turn.
Forum Index » Tournaments