[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A Uniwar Fanfic: The Aftermath
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins
zxcvsaw

zxcvsaw

The volcanic landscape was a sight to see. The black soil permeated the ground and was distorted with slight round hills. The forests were populated with the blackened skeletons of trees. Little fires peppered across the landscape. For here, a battle had just taken place. The battle had ended. All that remained were the dead husks of warriors whose time came far too soon. Yet in a battlefield scarred with the burns of energy lances, prickled with spears of swarmers, and littered with the empty bullet casings, there was a marine lying on the ground. Out of all the marines that littered the blood-soaked ground, this marine was special.
This marine was alive. Yet by no means was he in the prime of his life. His visor was cracked, and each tilt of his head led to a little crinkle as the shards of his broken visor danced around in his helmet. Garbled sporadic bursts of data streamed down through the interior of what was left of his visor, and the winking and flickering matched the slow return of his conscience. which was only accentuated with a throbbing pain in his left leg. A swarmer spear had gored it. The marine sat up. He looked around through his broken view.
Charred carcasses that he once laughed and fought with lay frozen as if they were grotesque statues. Burning marauders and tanks burned like a pyromaniac's dream. The forlorn rotors of a helicopter slowly swirled as the sulfuric wind sighed past the blades. The marine sat there for a while; letting himself become absorbed by the world beyond. Then, he tried to call for help. "HQ HQ This is Delta-6, reporting in. Fire-teams Carlton, Fear, and Silon have been wiped out. I think I am the last one left. Requesting orders." He was met with silence. "HQ HQ Please respond."
Again, he was met with silence.
The marine sat there in a dazed stupor. A sense of hopeless pervaded him. The lone survivor. Alive, but wounded. He could hear the roars of the underlings in the distance and contemplated ending his life rather than being torn apart by underlines when a woman's voice crackle through through the radio...
"Hello? Hello? Is...Is anyone out there? Please, if anyone is out there, please...please help me. This is Helicopter Pilot Beryl. My chopper was downed by a garuda and I cannot get out of my chopper. My coordinates are 6-9-10. I repeat: my coordinates are 6-9-10. Please, there are these things that are howling out there and..and...oh god, someone please come...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 24, 2013 19:22

zxcvsaw

zxcvsaw

The marine sat there for a while, and then stood up, wincing from his wounds. He grabbed his combat rifle that lay discarded by his side, racked the chamber, and headed his way to the coordinates.

His mission objectives had just been updated.
cogger

cogger

This is incredible!!! Keep it up!
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins