[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A Uniwar Fanfic: The Aftermath II
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins
zxcvsaw

zxcvsaw

"Beryl, this is Delta-Six, I read you loud and clear. Heading towards your coordinates. Hang on tight."
"Yes! I thought I was going to die in this damn shit-hole. I have been calling HQ for help the entire time and they haven't responded at all. Thank god you and your unit is still out here. Have you been able to contact HQ?"
"No."
"Fuck...Alright, we might still manage to get out of this alive. Just please get here before I get eaten by a damn Khralean."
"Roger that, Delta-Six out."

The radio cut out. Delta-Six winced with every step that he took. The spear shifted and moved as his muscles tightened and loosened. The soft volcanic ash gave way to his hard metal foot, disrupting his balance with every step. It seemed that the very spirits that inhabited the ground conspired to obstruct his progress. Yet, he marched on. Occasionally, he would hear the tell-tale screech of a underling in the distance and he would instinctively brace himself. But it always turned out to be nothing more than a simple specter, always present yet never really there. And then he would continue to march.
He remembered his days in boot camp where he marched day and night and learned how to wield a rifle. He remembered the joy that he felt when he became a full fledged marine. The smiles and cheers of his family and friends as they celebrated. The idle times in the barracks. The sun. The moon. The light. The light. The blood-red light. The pain of the drills piercing his body as the machines attached the combat armor to his body. Doors opening. Klaxons screaming. Men running. Gunfire. Gunfire. Men and monster screeching in the cacophony of hatred and blood. Gunfire. More gunfire. Red. Red. Red all over the place.
Silence.
Mom? Dad? Sis?!
I'm sorry, Private Cole, The refugee convoy was ambushed and destroyed by underlings. There were no survivors.
No.... Fuck you! Fuck you all!! Fuck the Khraleans! Fuck the Titans!! No..............
Marine, pull yourself together! Lewinsky, Jonas, lend me a hand here.....

Delta-Six marched on; the memory of the past fading into the wind yet never truly gone.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 25, 2013 18:20

zxcvsaw

zxcvsaw

A screech jolted Delta-Six from the dream. Behind the wreck of an eclipse nearby, a spindly leg appeared. Then another. Then the three glowing eyes appeared. The apparition growled under the shadow of the eclipse and without warning, the underling attacked. Delta-Six fired and fired. Like a shadow, the underling dodged and weaved. Yet with every step it took into the hail of bullets, a fresh stream of glowing ooze spurted with every hit. Yet it kept on coming. The underling was upon Delta-Six. The underling leaped. The butt of the rifle came crashing into the skull of the underling, crushing the body armor that protected the head and spraying the brains of the underling all over the armor of Delta-Six. The butt of the rifle continued to rain blows upon the mangled remains. The blows stopped. Delta-six stumbled to the ground with a cry, his injured leg giving out. He stood up uneasily, wiped a tear from his eye, and limped on.
zxcvsaw

zxcvsaw

I'm not sure if my writing is good or not so I would appreciate some feedback. Thanks!
Forum Index » UniWar: Origins