[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
EvCatz Tournament Discussion Thread
Forum Index » Tournaments
EvCatz

EvCatz

Hello, since there have been many requests, I will be hosting tournaments for lower rated players. My plan is to host three different tournaments for different rating groups that will run simultaneously. As of now, these rating groups will be <1650, 1650-2000, and 2000-2350.

These tournaments will follow the same format that Dan is currently using in his tournament. There will be 5 groups of 5 players each for every tournament. Players will play everyone in their group on the map I designate. For every match, players will also reverse their races and starting color and play them simultaneously. This means that everyone will be playing 8 matches at one time. To earn a point, you need to either defeat your opponent in both matches that you play with them or defeat them faster than they could defeat you. Only the player with the most points will advance out of their group. A final group will be made out of the group winners and this process will repeat once more.

If players tie in the amount of rounds it takes to defeat each other, they will earn a half-point for the matchup. In the case of a two-way tie for the winner of a group, whichever player earned the point against the player who they're tied with will advance. Though it is unlikely, if a tie for group winner between 3 or more players occurs in a group, I will personally decide what to do when the situation arises.

Another rule: skipping is NOT allowed without first consulting me first. Players will need to notify me if a player is not responding by moving or through the chat. I'll then get in contact with the rest of the group and then make a decision myself based on the situation.

Continued in first reply...

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 14, 2013 14:27

EvCatz

EvCatz

Continued from original post...

Players will be required to register for the tournament on these very forums. For those lurkers, your username and password to the forum is the same as your login information that you use for Uniwar. I have decided that it will be easiest if I make a separate registration thread for each tournament. If you are interested, please follow the proper link below and fill out the form requested in a short reply to the thread. If you believe you should be placed in a different rating group despite you own rating (ie: 1640 rated player wanting in next group up), just state so in your post and I'll likely comply.

For players rated under 1650: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1744.page
For players rated between 1650 and 2000: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1745.page
For players rated between 2000 and 2350: http://www.uniwar.com/forum/posts/list/1746.page

I'm hoping we can get this registration process done quickly so we can get the tournaments underway. I ask that all participants keep an eye on the forum by checking the thread that they registered in every couple of days. The tournaments will start as soon as registration is complete. Please pass the word around to your friends that a tournament is being held.

Lastly, failure to follow any rules will result in a punishment, likely disqualification.

Feel free to ask any questions.

P.S. Sorry for wall of text. There is no TL:DR so read it all.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at May 13, 2013 15:04

[Avatar]
jacob55

[Avatar]
jacob55

Get death trap!

Does anyone play black ops 2
Forum Index » Tournaments