[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Abort games that don't get started within the allotted time
Forum Index » New Feature Request
davidparks21

davidparks21

The list of available games is full of players that listed a game and abandoned it. I see many 3 minute games started 5 days ago, for example.

It is just clutter and terribly annoying to the rest of the players to guess at whether that "3 day old game" is abandoned or playable, and a waste of space for the obviously abandoned games started a week or more ago.

When a game fills up the person who started it should have exactly the amount of time they set per turn to initiate the first move. If that doesn't happen the game should be aborted (no score exchange) and removed.

This must not be complicated to do, just removing them with a cron task would be sufficient and better than what we deal with today.

Please please please, I beg you, I tired of the guessing game and eternally unstarted games in my current list.
J.C.

J.C.

Hello, this is a good idea that me and simsverd asked to the devs some months ago. I think it will be made, but i can't tell you when.

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

Filling games with 8 players (when you set up a thin ranking range for joining the game) takes many days.
Sometimes even week, but in the end my games fills up so I don't like the idea of aborting games.
Of course 3 min/10 min games should be deleting automatically when the host is logging out.
J.C.

J.C.

This is a good point!

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
regard87

regard87

How often to people host 3-10 min games with good intentions anway? I dont even like that option being rated.

I once proposed an idea (on behalf of my fellow player Cramergolfer) that just like you can join Random Rated games that there be a pool for FFA games (whether rated or not IDC) so that people could host/fill/start these games alot quicker.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
J.C.

J.C.

I discussed something similar with the devs a while ago, about "pending games", to make possible to have random team games and random ffa. The "pending random game" will simply stuck in the list until it is full. Obviously, it must not show any info about the map and the players matched.

Anyway, it seems that they didn't like it much. Or they didn't read\understand what i wrote.

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
regard87

regard87

That figures.
It could still separate people by Rating even if it is unrated.

Creator of Powerplay, Weakside, Strongside and Gap Control.
Also OddManBreak, IceRink, Breakout2v2

Testing FlyingV, MixNmatch, GatherRoundtheWell Give them a try!
herompolbu

herompolbu

+1
If someone created a game and player joined, host should start game in reasonable time interval.
If host does not start a game within 1 or 2 days, game should be deleted from the server list.

Kagami

Kagami

+1
Forum Index » New Feature Request