[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Weekly news from the Runiwar.ru
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

For those who spent the weekend in a very deep space, a little sketch the situation.

At the weekend we had a very intense battle in the arena for a prize of $ 20. http://www.runiwar.ru/forum/73-574-1

Now comes another fight in the Arena, too, for a prize of $ 20. http://www.runiwar.ru/forum/73-577-1

Is about to begin one of the key battles of the First Space CosmoBattles tournament between Genkey and UnikZ. First - brash able to surprise newcomer, the second - wise dinosaur of the UniWar, one of the best fighters in the world. The prize fund - $ 100. http://www.runiwar.ru/forum/82

Also earned the Army system of Who-is-Who: http://www.runiwar.ru/forum/51-3-26231-16-1377267888

and began to set up an international list of unfair players http://www.runiwar.ru/forum/37-578-1

Ongoing registration into the tournament "Autumn in the Jungle" http://www.runiwar.ru/forum/84-570-1

Approaching brutal action "Combat Autumn 2"

On the approach of a new series of tutorials in the Advanced course of the young UniWar fighter

And, of course, a lot of fights in the randomization.

That's right, there were many events, there is still more fun activities for all UniWar fans.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Aug 25, 2013 07:25

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
J.C.

J.C.

Regarding the "Unfair Players" list: why did you add JB and Draka? JB may be unmannered but certainly is not unfair, and Draka never let me think about being unfair. What did they do?

Test my maps:
1-on-1
ColdestPlace - Tiny Desert - SkyAndSand

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
cytivrat

cytivrat

I guess thats the reason:
Honest players on these maps draw peace.

as far as I remember, Draka stated (in some topic on this forum) that he doesn't accept peace on any map (and doesn't ask for peace niether).
Think that JB is there for the same reason.
J.C.

J.C.

This is not a valid reason to call them unfair. An unfair player is the one who makes use of glitches, bugs or tricks to achieve a greater score. Scroll the top 100 ladder and you will see a lot of unfair players.

A player not accepting peace is not unfair. You can say he is bad mannered, scared or whatever, but not unfair: it's still a choice to accept peace, even on imbalanced maps.

So in your point of view, skippers are unfair. I didn't see any of them: why don't you add skippers on that list?

The unfair players, are all the people that pushed their score above 3000 in illegal ways, but i can't see any of them either...

That said, I agree that people should make peace on bad maps and avoid skipping. I can speak for myself, i rarely ask peace (when the setup is really imbalanced) and accept it most of the times. I prefer, if the setup is bad, to ask my opponent to have a rated mirror game. And in the case I am winning both games, I ask peace in one of them, to avoid him losing a lot of points.

A lot of players refused to have peace with me saying "Nobody draws peace vs. me, why would I do?".

Talone, i kindly ask you to avoid marking someone as unfair and "bad smell" in that list just because he didn't accept peace. Instead, ask him for a mirror game. Or alternatively, create a new list named "no peace" or something like that containing all the ppl that doesnt accept peace on bad maps, so that anyone can know them.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26, 2013 02:21

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

J.C.

Unfair player - is the one who refuses to draw peace in the FIRST round in UNFAIR maps.

What is unfair maps?

In the science of UniWar (UniWarknowledging) maps types are:

1. Good balanced
2. Poor Balanced
3. Very bad Balanced (hard maps)
4. UNFAIR maps

2nd and 3rd types of maps - these are maps where one race is superior to another race. For example, on some maps it is difficult to play by saps against titans, or by khral against Saps etc.

In fact, these maps (2-3 types) are not much but they are. They are HARD to play for one side, but this maps are NOT unfair because on these maps each side HAS A CHANCE to win! It is difficult, but there is a chance to win for every side!

UNFAIR maps (4th type) - on which one of the side does not have even the slightest chance of winning! No chance to win, absolutly!

These maps often include maps, where the blue player immediately gets more neutral bases than the red player. So red cant win no matter what the races play side. Players are immediately inherently unequal, dishonest position on these maps, UNFAIR position. This is not a game.

So those players who refuse to draw in these UNFAIR maps - are UNFAIR players

Skipping - is completely another question. Skipping - is NOT unfair, because the both players have EQUAL amounts of time

Time - is the same resource, like credits or units

Who does not know how to effectively manage their time, he loses!

It is FAIR, like in chess.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
J.C.

J.C.

Ok to your explaination, i agree. But what do you say about Sap v. Sap on jungle? It is a good matchup, so you may say map is balanced. What if the matchup on jungle would be Sap v. Titans? Titans can't win in any way, so the matchup is imbalanced, i'm saying just this.

Back to the point: i still disagree that these players are unfair. And for sure they are not "Bad Smell", that's just an insult thrown after a loss.

I had an idea: why don't you change the list to "Untrustworthy players", like kralux did in the forum? You can use this list to store the players that doesn't accept peace in the first round of the game in an unbalanced map and those who skips without any regard;
You can use the "unfair list" for the players doing unfair or illegal things;

Unlike you, i think that time is not a resource, is a gift. I can only play 20 minutes each day because i am really busy, and i usually get angry with people who skips me after an hour i lost my turn. That's not unfair, for sure, but it is impolite

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 26, 2013 08:13

Test my maps:
1-on-1

3-on-3
DeadFlower
David

4-on-4
BasesGaloreXL6
BasesGaloreXL7
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Jungle sap-titan not unfair. Hard, but not unfair. I won it as titan many times

Scramble sap-titan - unfair for RED titan, absolutly no chance

[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello Talone and thx for your news report from Runiwar

..that said, i would also have to agree with JC concerning your list of "unfair" players.
I dislike the idea that players following the game rules can be deemed unfair by someone in the runiwar community.
If you are unhappy with the assigned maps in random you should adress the issue on mirror games or similar ideas with the devs. What someone might consider an unbalanced map - others may have a different opinion... it cant be "fair" to let one of the players report the other for "unfairness" just because the other would not accept peace in a game.
You should rather make a list called : "these players will not accept peace on unbalanced maps" .... but the ironic thing is that you cant awoid them anyway since we ofc are talking of random games here

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Sims, yes, the problem will be solved when the developers will create a system of mirror matches in a random games.

But until then, and we have to try to adjust the system itself

If all the players will draw in deeply unfair maps, the system will work.

Admit it, that is not very nice to refuse to make peace when you are playing with blue and immediately seized more neutral bases than your opponent. It is shameful

So we can recall this list "Shameful players"

[WWW]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

i admit that it is not nice to accept peace on an unfair map (at least if both agree on that it is unfair).
But i disagree on the wording... i think you blow this out of proportions..
... And it will not make any noticable impact.. because it is only relevant to rated random 1:1 play, and you can still draw those players in a match.
It will only make a difference in those rare cases where you have so called "unfair" players reading the runiwar forum and feeling sorry for being on such a list...

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

We are coming!

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

Another interesting variant:

or here is a great version of the design:

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 27, 2013 11:09

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

http://www.runiwar.ru/forum/38-582-26929-16-1378146361

[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

New design of the orbital base "Runiwar.ru"

[WWW]
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Hello Talone! Greetings from the USA. I used to be your neighbor up in Alaska, now I am down in Washington.

I have been fascinated by the Russian player contingent, and the orbital base you have put together. It is pretty hilarious to try and read the site with google translate on. There are many...interesting combinations of terms. I can understand probably ~75% of the intended content of any given post there haha

Best of luck tournament players!

Now on to matters of fairness...

I agree with most of the posters. Unfair players are those that use cheats or gimmicks to win, including baiting players into the extremely short games or setting up blatantly unfair matches (where they can get an extra base first etc). The problem though is that some players may not know a match is unfair when they set it up, for example.

Players that don't participate in 'peace' offerings, or that skip other players quickly when they get the chance, are very fair players still. Some might call it 'dirty' or 'rude,' but that's personal preference and style. Not cheating. So if you want have 2 lists, 1 for 'Cheaters' and 1 for 'Impolite' players.

>>> What we really need is a list of all the maps + matchups that the mainstream Uniwar community has decided are unfair games. Let's start that list, keep it visible on both forums, and try to keep it updated. Maybe even as a spreadsheet, that starts to list the evaluations of all the matchups for all the rated maps that people are really playing right now.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
Forum Index » General Discussion