[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Noob advice
Forum Index » General Discussion
James W.

James W.

Ok. I'm a complete noob. Best race and strategy?
I just started online using Titans with a kinda hit and run thing, using speeders, and a few assimilators and a plasma tank against some khraleans. I got my ass beat. (Dunno the rules here yet... Just tell me if I should censor myself)
So I'm asking for a balanced but not too complicated strategy. Preferably with titans.
Also is there any way to change my color? I would like to have a black army in-game.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello and welcome to the game !

There is no best race... or best strategy.. You must adapt tactics to own and opponents race and how each maps give different options..

A pro strategy for titans would be mass speeder and plasma tanks.. that works pretty well on most maps and matchups.

Invite me to unrated games if you like, and i can give you some tips

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
trineroks

trineroks

You can only change your colors if

A) The map you're playing on has those colors (depends on a map's player count/theme)
B) You're not host (the host is always forced into the P1 slot, whose colors can be different given the map's theme)

By map theme, I mean the type of map (desert, snow, default, etc). For example, default themed maps have Blue as P1 and Red as P2, whereas volcanic themed maps have Black as P1 and Yellow as P2.

Welcome to UniWar!
[Avatar]
StarryBlink

[Avatar]
StarryBlink

This game is well balance. Although it's still not yet absolutely balance.

About you asking for a balanced but not too complicate strategy :
There's no such that thing is this game.
Because in online game the enemy your're confronting with is the real human.
If you come with a well strategy, your enemy will adjust their strategy a bit to deal with you.
Then you will have to adjust your strategy a bit.
Or sometimes you have to completely reverse your strategy to deal with enemy's changing.
Then the smart enemies will change after you too.

So the simple strategy against human players in this game is : Don't adhere to any strategies.
Keep changing. And don't expect to win all the time.
But It can be a very funny game wheter you're win or loss.

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

best strategy is to play with better players. You will learn a lot. But in the start you will lose many games.
Forum Index » General Discussion