[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Cannot use special ability on units turned by own team
Forum Index » Bug Reports
[Avatar]
darf nader

[Avatar]
darf nader

It would appear that it was done with intention that units which have been "turned", like how underlings get assimilated, can be turned by member of their own team so that they cannot be turned by the enemy. This seems kind of shady. It would seem to make sense that a unit should be turned as many times as possible.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

hello

the unit isnt "turned".

The assimilated underling is made into a hybrid ling-cyborg.. retaining some of its previuos abilities (burrow and some movement) and gaining others (becomes stronger and can hit air units)... this process can ofc only happen once, and cant be done again

Same applies to to the re-programming of the mecka and the infecttion on the marine.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
quanras

[Avatar]
quanras

Perhaps it would make sense to remove the ability for players to assimilate/reprogram/infect grunts of other teammates.

The original point of that mechanism (in 2 player) was to steal grunts from the other team. The scenario darf describes can completely preclude that from happening, which I agree can take a really great mechanic right out of the game. Imagine a 3v3 game where one team has one of each race and every grunt gets boosted and kept on the same team... that totally takes the stealing aspect out of that game.

I'm open to arguments about how that could enhance the game, but at this point my opinion is that it takes away from it.
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

It works great the way it is. It takes time to cap and boost a unit on your same team, ie that unit loses at least 1 turn of action, so that's the tradeoff for the extra power. And it's a great way to defend against having your units turned by the enemy. It's an important consideration when picking your team in a 2v2 or more players game. Just adapt your strategy.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
Forum Index » Bug Reports