[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Random game creation bugs
Forum Index » Bug Reports
herompolbu

herompolbu

I want to play only for khrals and tried to create a random game. I selected khrals but got message that there is no immediate match or smth like that.
I tried again after few minutes and got a game, but in this game I play for titans!!!! Moreover, I found another new game in my list (game that i didnt create!), where I MUST play for saps!!
Are you fucking kidding me????
Are you normal ???????????
Instead of ONE game that i wated to play I got two games with some jerks with very low rating and must play for races that dont like!!!
Fuck!!!!!! I dont want to use your fucking random games service any more. Its razy.
I cant imagine how stupid must be a man to write code like this.
It's impossible!!
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Settle down there troll.

Random games are random. You don't get to pick a race ahead of time. If you want to do that, set up a custom game or play with bots and friends.

There is no reason to abuse the developers, they've done an amazing job. Go for a walk or something.

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
herompolbu

herompolbu

I'm a developer myself and I'm not a troll.

1st chain: Start new game -> random game -> rated, khrals -> no match -> V -> X
2nd chain: Start new game -> random game -> rated, khrals -> Game vs ... created -> V -> my race is Sap (or titan, doesn't matter)

Also I found 1 game where i also play not for khrals, a game, that I didn't create.

1) There IS a setting - race selector, when starting random game, so why doesn't it work ?
2) Why I see a game in my list, that I didn't create ?

Answer : there is an error in code.. DNA code.. of people like you, Mantis Lord
[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

[Avatar]
Mantis Lord

Haha well yes, some small errors in the DNA code are required for us to evolve and adapt successfully, so I will cede that you are correct!

Your last post made the issue much more clear, and this time did not seem to be written by a 12 year old. I personally appreciate that, I was just getting defensive on behalf of the game creators.

I admire developers, it is very hard and tedious work. Like magic to me!

Yes I definitely see now, you should be able to pick your race and have it work correctly for random games. Good bug catch.
For the one you didn't create, if you are 'available for X random matches' somewhere in settings, then would that explain it? You got matched to someone else that started a random game. Or am I misunderstanding?

How does a helicopter catch the flu, exactly?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

herompolbu wrote:
1) There IS a setting - race selector, when starting random game, so why doesn't it work ?
2) Why I see a game in my list, that I didn't create ?

The server will try to give you a game as you request if there are players imideately awailable - meaning random or your chosen race.
If the server cant find a matching player at once it will try to find one in the next 5 minutes. I think it then makes the races random ignoring your choise.. if so, its a bug. I will ask the devs if it is so by design or error.

About you getting 2 games can also be normal if its within your set limit of max random games. If you have your random limit to 0 or filled up it is probably because of a recent bug wich should now be fixed. Please report if it happens again.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 31, 2014 13:20

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
herompolbu

herompolbu

I'm not available to random games.
I can only create those myself, what I tried to do.

I know about setting in account "available to random games: 0"
It's very cool, but I don't use it because there is no way to specify a race.

I think many players don't use this service for the same reason.

It will be very cool to add race selector there too.
herompolbu

herompolbu

Uniwar is really an amazing game, but there are still few things, that need to be fixed and thats all I want.
herompolbu

herompolbu

I tried create random games just now and problem reproduced.
Nothing had changed. This is a bug.
Tried to created 2 random games for khrals - got 2 games for saps and titans.
Just like before.
Its very annoying.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

herompolbu wrote: I tried create random games just now and problem reproduced.
Nothing had changed. This is a bug.
Tried to created 2 random games for khrals - got 2 games for saps and titans.
Just like before.
Its very annoying.

As i said before.. This is no bug. Its how its supposed to work (race selevtion is lost if no imidiate match is found).
That said - i agree that race choice should be kept. I dont see any rational explenation to why it should not be kept...

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
cytivrat

cytivrat

This is no bug. Its how its supposed to work

That's the favorite excuse of all developers all over the world It works as it was implemented, but it is still not supposed to work this way and it is a bug
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

cytivrat wrote:
This is no bug. Its how its supposed to work

That's the favorite excuse of all developers all over the world It works as it was implemented, but it is still not supposed to work this way and it is a bug

Haha! ...and you are right ofc..

I have asked the devs again to change it so that the choise of race is kept if no immidiate opponent is found.

[Email]
Forum Index » Bug Reports