[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Double Impact Team Tournament - organized by StylePro
Forum Index » Tournaments
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

For organizer of this tournament:
Please, prolong round 2 on a few days (two or three). Many teams don't have time to finish.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for the advice. I will add 3 extra days.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
ketr

ketr

For organizer of this tournament:
before the next round of the tournament, please consider 2 things:
1. In our group there were 4 teams, not 3 as in all
2. In all games of the 2nd round we win on points, 1 game won, and 2 unfortunately do not have time to finish due to the fact that round 2 ends in 12 hours.

Therefore, if possible, of our 4 teams to take to the next round two
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

ketr wrote:For organizer of this tournament:
before the next round of the tournament, please consider 2 things:
1. In our group there were 4 teams, not 3 as in all
2. In all games of the 2nd round we win on points, 1 game won, and 2 unfortunately do not have time to finish due to the fact that round 2 ends in 12 hours.

Therefore, if possible, of our 4 teams to take to the next round two

1. There is a reason that there was 4 teams in this group - due to an error on calculating kill/loss in last round. Thats why both team number 1 and 2 advanced to round 2.
2. If you lead on bases or killed units you will win your matches. This is done automatically.

Next round start automatically when current round ends, and i am pretty sure that your good team will advance

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
Kosmik

[Avatar]
Kosmik

Hello Sims.
unfortunately, we with Ketr utomatically lose both games. in both games the Central base was captured by the opponents at the start of the games. the specific maps and races is that, to prevent the capture was impossible however, now we win on points in both games. we'd really like to play in the next round of the tournament

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Mar 05, 2015 23:15

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Kosmik wrote:Hello Sims.
unfortunately, we with Ketr utomatically lose both games. in both games the Central base was captured by the opponents at the start of the games. the specific maps and races is that, to prevent the capture was impossible however, now we win on points in both games. we'd really like to play in the next round of the tournament

hmm.. thats unfortunate for you. Tourney rules are clear on this, first it will evaluate number of owned bases at the end of a complete turn (all players moved), and if that is equal it will evaluate by kill/loss.

It is absolutely possible to prevent an early cap on this map, but you have to look for it or plan for it as a possible tactic by your opponents. (for example it could mean that both white and red player must delay own caps to prevent blue/black senter cap)

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
A.Buendia

A.Buendia

Sims, this is a controversial issue. Kosmik and Ketr are very strong players, and I think they both are able to analyze if it's possible to protect the base with current race combination.

I just wanted to mention that there would be no such problem if tournament would include mirror games.
A.Buendia

A.Buendia

When will current round finish?
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for your feedback, A.Buendia. We are considering more and more using mirror games for tournament. Making them mirror is simlpy a question of checking a check box but not all players want to play many games at the same time. For advanced tournaments, we will use mirrored games.

The countdown for ending a round is always displayed on the website page. If you check it you will be able to see when the round ends. Exceptionally, we added 2 time extensions to the 2nd round of DOUBLE IMPACT because only 50% of the games were finished. I don't think that we will need a 3rd extension as it seems that most games are near the end. Based on what we learned during this tournament, we will make shorter turn duration in the next team tournaments.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

A.Buendia wrote:Sims, this is a controversial issue. Kosmik and Ketr are very strong players, and I think they both are able to analyze if it's possible to protect the base with current race combination.

I know they are good players.. they beat our team with very high level of play
But i still say that it is possible to prevent center cap if you look for it. If you want to show me/test it , please invite my team to a training match in the same matchup in question.
(not that it will be used to change to outcome of the group result, but to make a point)

[Email]
A.Buendia

A.Buendia

Thanks for the answer, Xavi.

Sims, I didn't analyze the situation by myself, so I don't really want to test it. I think if Kosmik and Ketr are sure that it's impossible, maybe they would like to test it.
[Avatar]
Kosmik

[Avatar]
Kosmik

Thank you all for your answers and comments about us
unikz

unikz

Hi Sim:

For the double impact map Vacant Valley:
It is quite unfair for team 1 again. because blue player will have 300 shorts and team 2 both have 550. 2 sap players can do 4 marauders to stop Player4's capping.
Can you do some changes,reduce the initial credit and maybe do a infantry on a empty base rather than existing bases? I think Team 2 should not have more than 150 extra credit.

Thank you
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

il make a fix

...and xavi can then replace it

[Email]
fobos_rus

fobos_rus

Again write for organizer of this tournament:
Please, prolong semifinal on a few days (three or four). Our games don't have time to finish.
Unikz and Sdrawde a lot of work and sometimes can`t make a move at time limit (12h).
I`m and Anuar don`t want a skipping him, it`s not interesting.

Thanks!
Forum Index » Tournaments