[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
A question on buried units
Forum Index » General Discussion
Icestar1186

Icestar1186

Can buried units from opposing sides see each other? It seems like they should be able to, but I have not played enough to be in a situation where it has come up, and I am curious.

I can't think of a good signature.
[Avatar]
quanras

[Avatar]
quanras

They can't see each other, exactly. But two buried pieces can't occupy the same hex, so if you try to move a buried piece to a hex that's already occupied (by an opponent's buried piece) you get a prompt telling you that can't move your piece there.

While we're on the topic, I'm not sure if you've noticed this yet but there is a way to deduce the positions of your opponent's buried underlings in some situations. If a piece of yours has one or more underlings buried on adjacent hexes, it will show a yellow number indicating the number of buried underlings:

This doesn't tell you where they are exactly, but every piece will show their own number - so if you have a number of pieces close together you can often deduce the positions of the surrounding buried underlings. You can't always deduce it with 100% accuracy though, because there may be multiple possible distributions of surrounding underlings that could lead to the numbers you're seeing.

Finally - if you're playing a team game (2v2, 3v3, 4v4) you can see your teammates buried underlings.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Aug 22, 2014 13:06

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

If you try to move a buried unit to a space occupied by another buried unit, the game will give you a message that the space is occupied by another buried unit. So each buried unit can test all of the hexes it can move to (by trying to move and canceling the move either way).
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Sorry, I see now that quanras said that.
amidama

amidama

thats in theory.

in practice opponent will 100% know where your units are, always, by using the turn redo.
and you have to do the same to not to loose

Hakumen
Forum Index » General Discussion