[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
bot team mate doesn't know how to win
Forum Index » Bug Reports
brainiac

brainiac

I've noticed how in team matches, you need to capture the enemy's bases and not just destroy all their units and cover their bases.
I'm currently playing a team match with 3 bots on the sand castle map. we've pretty much won but there is one last base that my team mate (a bot) is covering but doesn't realize she has to capture for the game to be over.

please look in to this
Anonymous

Anonymous
Thanks for pointing this out. We'll be looking into it.
rolando

rolando

Anonymous wrote: Thanks for pointing this out. We'll be looking into it.

OOPS! I wasn't logged in when I responded. That would be me.
brainiac

brainiac

the bot kept making tons of plasma tanks (like 30) so then i got bored and decided to fill the screen with sapein tanks. i'll post screenshots of it because it looks so cool.

edit: i tried offering peace so to try and make the game end because it keeps showing up in my current games but the peace was rejected. i don't want to surrender because its a rated game and if my team mate surrenders also i will probably lose over 20 points.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jun 26, 2009 11:57

Anonymous

Anonymous
This should be fixed in the next server update. We'll have it up as soon as possible.

But, if you do not want to wait for that, since you are playing against bots only you can send an email to our support and have that game deleted. This will not affect your score.
rolando

rolando

Anonymous wrote: This should be fixed in the next server update. We'll have it up as soon as possible.

But, if you do not want to wait for that, since you are playing against bots only you can send an email to our support and have that game deleted. This will not affect your score.

I wrote this! Forgot I wasn't logged in.
magic molly

magic molly

rolando wrote:
  Anonymous wrote: This should be fixed in the next server update. We'll have it up as soon as possible.

Well, at least the buggyness of the forum effects the devs too.
brainiac

brainiac

rolando wrote:

its ok. i got fed up with it always taking me to that game after i finished a turn in other games so i ended up surrendering and then the 2 bots remaining ended the game in a draw.
colin

colin

Here's a frustrating dilemma from earlier today:

A couple of weeks back I was playing a 2v2 on Fourquad with 3 other bots where I had sat my plasma tank on the last remaining enemy base before realizing my teammate bot had surrounded the base giving me no where to move so that the base could be capped. I emailed support who then removed this game for me, and seeing the email reply as well as posts here on the forum, I thought these kinds of issues would be a thing of the past.

But earlier I was doing a 4v4 Full Planet with bots and was confronted with the same issue. When the enemy units were nearly destroyed I stationed my blue choppers over the hostile bases waiting for my marines to come by. Suddenly worried that my choppers might get stranded on the base, I vacated the base to allow the AI to do its thang and move towards victory, but then the yellow teammate proceeded to station his garuda over the base to awaits its own underling.

Eventually it got to a point where the bottom portion of the map was overcrowded with units and there was going to be no way for the AI to work together to create a path towards the bases for the marines/underlings. Fortunately I had foresight enough to fashion a path of choppers along which units could walk towards the bases.

Depicting the path (If you look hard, you can see that my teammates went on to infect my marines I was hoping to use to capture the remaining bases):

About to capture red base, dilemma of white base:

Clearing the path for yellow underling:

Underling capturing white base after I make space for garuda to move off:

Thankfully this kind of brain-racking resulted in a victory, as I was quite anxious to keep from losing tons of points from surrendering to 1200 level bots. There seems to be an inherent problem with bots needlessly generating floods of units at the end, leading to this kind of behavior. Furthermore, it seems that when bots play in a team, they are simply bypassing attacks on team units/bases with virtually no consideration into cooperation. Perhaps things might work better if the devs could figure out a way to make a team of bots act as a single player with units separated by colors and turns...
Forum Index » Bug Reports