[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New features request and a problem
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
cubanero

[Avatar]
cubanero

Hello Uniwarriors,

I play the game for more than 4 years, I love it and I would like to request some new features that I believe will make the game (much?) better.

Requests with random order of importance:
?) Game observers (by game host's choice on unrated games)
?) Host can change the turn of play between players before start
?) Capture friendly bases (ally can reject)
?) Hexes can display their unique code number (With a button next to magnifier. This can make team chat strategy easier)
?) See buried units numbers from allied units (how many units the ally "sees")
??) Greek letters to be compatible on chat (greek numbering on the left of this post is not visible as well)
?) Faster replay ( replay now has normal speed and skip. It will be better to have a much faster speed with the ability to see what is happening though - normal speed is way to slow)
?) Replays can be watched at any time and from the start of the game (Now replay of only one round can be watched before player moves).
?) Game replay with all the moves can be watched and saved at the end of the game. That way teams and players can improve upon discussion of game animation. This is called 'chess notation' for chess games.
?) Blitz uniwar. Otherwise, super fast game with only 20-30 sec per move and you lose the game if your time ends. This type of game is played on chess as well and is called Blitz chess. This type of game should give the players a chance to play uniwar on the fly while they are both online at the same time. The ability for - let say - 10 minute game that can be played during a break is possible to attract more players to uniwar.

Problem:
?) Gap hexes should not be allowed on the main body of the map. It should be used only on the perimeter or the edge. Range units should not be allowed to fire like there no gap over those hexes. There are maps that have gaps between map areas. There is no reason for that and titans have unltimate advantage. Furthermore, when a team conquers one area is impossible for titans to massive teleport mechas and eclipses to conquer this area. Even if there is no rated map like that, it should not be allowed.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 20, 2015 17:57

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Hi Cubanero,
This is a fantastic feedback that I greatly welcome. I am one of the developers and working full time on UniWar. Our goal is to drive the evolution of the game with the feedback of the community (players like you). We have a lot of improvements coming to the game. I think that your requests can be organized in several categories. Thank you very much for your requests. I will try to keep them into account when working on the related part of the code. Feel free to invite me to a game if you want to discuss further

REPLAY (coming soon)
- Game observers (by game host's choice on unrated games)
- Faster replay ( replay now has normal speed and skip. It will be better to have a much faster speed with the ability to see what is happening though - normal speed is way to slow)
- Replays can be watched at any time and from the start of the game (Now replay of only one round can be watched before player moves).
- Game replay with all the moves can be watched and saved at the end of the game. That way teams and players can improve upon discussion of game animation. This is called 'chess notation' for chess games.

GAME CREATION/MANAGEMENT (improvement coming there too)
- Host can change the turn of play between players before start
- Blitz uniwar. Otherwise, super fast game with only 20-30 sec per move and you lose the game if your time ends. This type of game is played on chess as well and is called Blitz chess. This type of game should give the players a chance to play uniwar on the fly while they are both online at the same time. The ability for - let say - 10 minute game that can be played during a break is possible to attract more players to uniwar.

TEAM GAMES (TBD)
- Capture friendly bases (ally can reject)
- See buried units numbers from allied units (how many units the ally "sees")

IN GAMES (easy to do, mostly a question of prioritizing, maybe we need a feature voting)
- Hexes can display their unique code number (With a button next to magnifier. This can make team chat strategy easier)

BUG
- Gap hexes should not be allowed => Agreed will be fixed soon.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
cubanero

[Avatar]
cubanero

Dear Xavi,

If you have any questions about my points we can create a game but I think all my points are clear.
I may add here that Blitz uniwar could also be a free dowload game on app store in order to expand the gamers base and attract more players to buy the "full" game.
One small bug also is that for the Heli and Battery the info page does not display how many hexes can move after attack.
[Avatar]
cubanero

[Avatar]
cubanero

I will add ideas to the list from time to time.

?) When artillery is firing all together it is unfair to have the same attacking power. New ability is needed and could be named Artillery Barrage. When the player fires artillery on a row the same unit (2 or more shots) it should gain an advantage. It can be similar to the attacking from opposit directions the same unit.

Problem
?) When attacking from close and then from distance the same unit (or from opposite directions), the attacker has an attacking benefit. This feature is not explained at all in the Uniwar campaign or instructions within the game.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Free uniwar is already in the works!

cubanero wrote:
?) When artillery is firing all together it is unfair to have the same attacking power. New ability is needed and could be named Artillery Barrage. When the player fires artillery on a row the same unit (2 or more shots) it should gain an advantage. It can be similar to the attacking from opposit directions the same unit.

Problem
?) When attacking from close and then from distance the same unit (or from opposite directions), the attacker has an attacking benefit. This feature is not explained at all in the Uniwar campaign or instructions within the game.

There is already a gangupbonus of +1 from one ranged hit to the next.

But... i agree that the gangupsystem should be adjusted some. It should in my opinion agregate all hits on a target.. even if other targets are hit in between the attacks.
And i aso agree that it should be better explained in the game.

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
[Avatar]
cubanero

[Avatar]
cubanero

One more idea

1) Allied healing units should heal ally units (same race)
Healing units can capture allied units assimilate etc. but they cannot heal units of the same race that are allied
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I agree. Maybe they should even heal allies of different race. What do you think?

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

I agree on heal. That would not affect outcome and can be used for both teams.

Disagree on heal different races.. kind of breaks logic that an infector would be able to heal a machine (titan)...

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I would really love it if there was a way I could view finished games. Maybe just for the final few rounds of a tournament? Because without that the only way I can improve is by playing more. But watching replays would be great.
EVR1022

EVR1022

@ mistercreepy - Xavi told me recently this is already in the works. Very much looking forward to it as well.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

and to sweeten it even more... keep replays that friends can see from profile (will be IAP)

[Email]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Great! Next question... Modding. Any chance we can have access to units? Make our own races? Try out new units? I've built a Uniwar board game so I can try those out but it's just not as fun having to do all the damage calculations on your own...
[Avatar]
cubanero

[Avatar]
cubanero

I dont receive email notification when replies are posted. Anyway, I think that healing should be able one same race only. Not because of aesthetics but because when tou have same teams you have some disadvantage on versatility. This can be balanced a little bit with healing over the other team without same races. My idea is that it is the same army with two generals. If you ally with different race you are two armies and two generals. Does this make sense?
Forum Index » New Feature Request