[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
UPDATE - New units !
Forum Index » New Feature Request
anonym551653

anonym551653

To the unnecessarily slow dipping mechanism!!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 21, 2015 05:36

WolfSaint

WolfSaint

xavi wrote:Here is one of the concept art for a new Titan unit.

LOVE THIS, looks like a cyber mako with a cannon: XD you think you can show concept art for other races & units plz?
kyle kroeger

kyle kroeger

My thought process:

I have been thinking about ways to try and fix Khral v Khral battles. We could try to make some balance tweeks, but I think a new unit is our best bet. It needs to be strong against air and either have a good defense or two range to make it strong against swarmers, but we don't want this unit to make Khral stronger against the other two races since Khral are already the strongest (as an average based on maps). It would be ideal for the unit to be able to be used against the Saps as an alternate tactic at the same level, but not offer much to any strength against the Titans. So, I realized the unit needs to be strong against air, have a good defense, slow moving and weak against heavy. This made me think of a unit in Starcraft, the Overlord (except weaponized). The idea would be a center piece to the swarm.

"Overseer" or "Behemoth" (I thought of this because it plays off of Leviathan):

Cost: 650
Mobility: 6
Vision: 4
Type: Aerial

Ground Light: 10
Ground Heavy: 2
Aerial: 12
Aquatic: 8 (doesn't mean much since it is too slow to catch boats)
Attack Range: 1
Defense Strength: 12

Capture Bases: No
Attack after move: yes
Repair: 1
Actions/turn: 1
Special Ability: Move after attack (3 mobility instead of the usual 6)

Standard Aerial Terrain modifications (or lack there of)

(we would, of course, have to test and make small adjustments)

What this would do:

Against Titans: the overseer would be almost worthless (i.e. An eclipse tank could easily solo an Overseer/Behemoth). Titans have no aerial units and the the Hydronaut could out range the overseer's movement capabilities.

Against Sapiens: the overseer could be used as an alternate tactic against the Sapiens. It would be very strong against a Helicopter, but would have trouble catching up to it (Helicopters could attack a unit adjacent to an overseer and still bounce out of its movement range). In open terrain, the overseer would be more useful, but a battery or marauders would be a strong counter against it.

Against Khraleans: The overseer would be the ultimate counter against swarmers (the most commonly used unit in K v K); however would be extremely weak to a pinzer and wyrm combo (the least commonly used units in K v K). This solves the current K v K problem by adding a diversity of units and tactics.

Thanks

[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

Hey Kyle. Maybe such a thing would need to be mobility 9 to better chase swarmers back?

Reminded me of an ancient post in which I was suggesting a unit called a "hiver". It was intended to be a rock that could sweep through marines and swarmers better, but I see I only listed it as aerial 6. From this thread:

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/1331.page

Would have to think about if I think these are good ideas but food for thought

Aerial:
Sapiens: Bomber. Cost 550, mobility 15, range 1-2, GL 6, GH 12, AER 5, AQU 12, Def 7, Vis 6, heal 1. A high-speed bunker/plasma/walker busting unit, just what Central Command called for in the toaster wars.

Titans: Drone. Cost 300, mobility 9, range 1, GL 10, GH 3, AER 6, AQU 6, Def 8, Vis 6, heal 2. Good for hunting underlings and swarmers, which alone should have a significant impact on khral-titan. Generally useful but not imbalancing otherwise, hopefully helps mitigate Titan pain on maps with significant terrain constraints but not in a dramatic way (e.g. not great against massed marines on mountain/forest, but more usable there than a speeder or plasma).

Khraleans: Hiver. Sort of a mass of small three-eyed heads and wings (haunts the nightmares of men). Cost 450, mobility 9, range 1, GL 13, GH 6, AER 6, AQU 7, Def 11, Vis 5, heal 2. Special ability: Fume, does 4 damage to all marines within a 2 hex radius, recharge 10 rounds and can trigger after move.
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

(cont'd)

Naval:
Sapiens: Submarine ( ). It'll surface and fire cruise missiles vs. torpedoes so that it can harass a bit from the coast as well. Cost 350, mobility 9/6, attack range 1-2, GL 7, GH 8, AER 0, AQU 12, Def 7, Vis 4/2, heal 1. Submerge/Resurface and detection rules same as underlings, +4 resurface attack bonus. Good for hunting hydronauts in particular, to which they can deliver 8 damage on resurface from range 1, also reasonable for hunting skimmers and kraken or finishing other heavy naval.

Titans: Skimmer. Cost 300, mobility 12, range 1, GL 10, GH 5, AER 10, AQU 10, Def 9, Vis 6, heal 2. Move after attack (6). A water speeder with good anti-air, useful in particular for harrying Garuda and Helis on the water. Can gang up on heavy naval as well but is outranged by them and takes significant damage – more of a finisher. Could give it a special ability 'depth charge', in which it is able to make an attack against a submarine directly beneath it (but will only know if it hit anything if the 'units killed' count increases), recharge 5 rounds.

Khraleans: Kraken. Cost 400, mobility 9, range 1, GL 12, GH 10, AER 5, AQU 13, Def 15, Vis 4, heal 3. Special ability: Rage, simultaneously attacks all neighboring hexes with +2 attack (but takes damage from all of them), recharge 4 rounds and can trigger after move; it's tentacles flail out to do this, think watcher in the water (make marines cautious near the lake.) Generally a tough water tank against other naval (though badly outranged by the heavy naval).

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 11, 2015 15:35

kyle kroeger

kyle kroeger

Yes. I think you might be on to something. I go back on forth between several of the numbers. Mobility 6 or 9 is one of them. I gave the lower number on some and higher number on others. I figured I would suggest those changes in the beta testing. The most important thing I want to convey about the overseer/behemoth, is that it might be a great solution to K v K battles without adding new balance problems among other races. Ideally, we would tweak it to where it was a viable option in any match up thus adding more diversity to gameplay.
kyle kroeger

kyle kroeger

Btw, I like all of your ideas. Sadly so many of their strengths require new abilities which it seems Xavi doesn't have time to program right now. (Looks like the skimmer is likely to happen though).
[Avatar]
GYFU

[Avatar]
GYFU

Sounds interesting . I wonder if an "expansion pack" could be made with all the stuff within rather than combining all those with the original game, just like the common practice in many other games, for some players prefer the original taste of the game and needs time to become skilled at the new game if they try it.
kyle kroeger

kyle kroeger

I created a google doc with a proposal of some of the units based on this forum. I would love your feedback.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oGw1yewauWPgQEn2NXgfX-yXVM_2LbjY-5hZ9yApNeE/edit?usp=sharing
[Avatar]
firstkyne

[Avatar]
firstkyne

6. Bomber aircraft
Move3. Range 3.
Strong vs all land and sea units. Can not hit air units.
This will enable sap to hit the walkers when playing against a fortified titan.

This is a great idea by Simsverd.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Here is what I have in mind for the new units:
Submarine
An Submarine for the sapiens. It looks like a submarine would. I'm not good at the mathematics of the defense and attack of the units, but what I have in mind would be very good vs. aquatic, at the point of where it would normally do 7 or 8 damage to a destroyer, and only receive 2-3 damage back. This unit would cost about 500 credits.
Mobility: 12
(loses 3 mobility in water and in ports.)
Defense strength: 8ish
Ground light: 8
Ground heavy: 9
Aerial: 0
Aquatic: 17
Subaquatic: 8 (I'll get to that in a minute.)
Special Abilities: Submerge- can submerge in water like an underling buries on land, but does not receive a lower mobility while underwater, or a remerging bonus. It has a range of 1-2.
Its weakness is Aerial units that can easily destroy the submarines. It cannot attack land units unless they are on ports
Side note: With an attack of 16 to aquatic units, any damage the sub does to the destroyer will be returned back to it, and Aerial attacks wouldn't destroy the submarine immediately. What I suggest doing is creating a new category for sub aquatics such as this, so aerial can annihilate them and ships will be destroyed by them. This also allows for me to give the titans a new unit that can destroy submarines and not do much damage to ships…
The Cyclone
(For titans) The key part about this unit is understanding its attack patterns. It looks like 2 flat cylinders connected by a rod. In the next 3 tiles directly above and below it there is a translucent beam. Anything that moves into this column of wind takes damage. This beam does a significant amount of damage to sub aquatic, pretty much killing them, and it can hit submerged units. It does a medium amount of damage, around 2 damage points to a destroyer. This costs 650 credits. It can turn this beam up to 180 degrees per turn, and can move and turn in the same turn.
Defense Strength: 10
Mobility: 9 (loses 3 mobility per space of water)
Aerial: 7
Ground Heavy: 9
Ground light: 9
Aquatic: 8
Sub-Aquatic: 14
Weakness: It cannot counter attack, although anything in range of its beam will take damage for every turn they are there. Its beam doesn’t move on to land, so don’t park it to close to any coasts. Like every other subaquatic unit, it is easily destroyed by Aerial units.
Side note: It doesn’t receive counter attack when it hits other units with its beam. Even though it’s a subaquatic unit, it doesn’t submerge.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Cipactli
(For Khraleans) This is my last subaquatic creature. Unlike the others, it can walk on land and water. It looks like a monster crocodile. It costs 450 credits.
It should move faster on water than on land and gets a huge defense bonus in swamps.
It’s got a defense strength of 12
Ground light: 10
Ground heavy: 6
Aerial: 5
Aquatic: 8
Sub Aquatic: 9
Abilities: It can submerge. While on land it has a range of 1-2.
Weakness: As always, Aerial units.
Side note: This one does have a remerging bonus, much like an underlings resurface bonus. It would do around 3ish points of damage to destroyer but only get 3 points of counterattack. When remerging, it does about 5 damage to a destroyer. In water and ports, it would be at least 2 points stronger than normal, and lose its 1-2 range.

There’s my aquatic units.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Land units:
I figured that it would be nice to have a fortification sort of unit for each race. A unit that is good for defense and bad for offense. All of the following have the same mobility as a tank, and are ground heavy units. They each have a defense and offense form. The offense form is very weak, and the defense form is much stronger. They can transform from one for to another although there is a few rules surrounding this transformation, like…
You cannot move, attack and transform in the same turn
While in defense form, you cannot move at all.
They will always spawn in offense form
The stats below are for offense form
Air Base (sapiens)
Very good at fighting aerial. I don’t know what I want it to look like. It blocks artillery for the most part. Costs 1000 credits
Defense strength: 4
Ground light: 2.5
Ground heavy: 2.5
Aerial: 3.5
Aquatic: 3
Sub Aquatic: 2.5
Special Abilities: In defensive mode, it reduces the vision of all units within 4 spaces of it to one (and covers these spaces on maps without fog of war) and it can use fighter planes to fight an aerial, sub aquatic, and aquatic units 1-3 spaces away from it (it still cannot hit other units 2 or more spaces away from it.) In defense mode, all of its stats multiply by 4.
Weakness: Easily destroyed in offensive mode
The eye (titans)
It looks like a robotic eye with pieces of metal swirling around it in offense mode. It defensive, it looks like a giant metal tower with an eye on top. It has the highest defense strength of all units in defense mode, not to mention a range of 1-2. Costs 1000 credits
Defense strength: 6
Ground light: 3.3
Ground Heavy: 4
Aerial: 3.3
Aquatic: 3
Special abilities: It has a range of 1-2, and if it shoots a beam at something two spaces away, then any unit between them will also take damage (and counterattack, if possible). If a unit attacks it out of its range, than the eye can attack it back, and this will damage every unit between them. Even if a walker hits it 5 spaces away, it can still hit the walker back… but only if the walker attacks it. All stats triple while in defensive mode.
Weakness: Easily destroyed in offensive mode
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The Shielded (Kharlean)
It’s obviously the cheapest of these units, being only 450 credits. It can move in water, and in water it’s stronger and faster.
Defense Strength: 6.5
Ground light: 5
Ground heavy: 5
Aerial: 6
Aquatic: 7
Subaquatic: 8
Special abilities: Although it starts out with 10 health, it has a maximum health of 50. Other Shielded can stack with each other to give the 1st all of the 2nds health. It can move on water, and on defensive mode all of its stats double.
Not sure if this is a little late. please consider ideas.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Almost forgot to mention, it looks like a hermit crab
Forum Index » New Feature Request