[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Frozen planet - first tourney in round robin format
Forum Index » Tournaments
bj549

bj549

Top players, top players... "Bottom" players want to play fair games too. If I got an unfair map it's offensively for me too. I found the only one good thing in this format (I can't name it "tournament"), it's fun to play with near rating players. Maybe we should think about "partial" tournaments for players with rating in some range. But if we're talking about a real tournament it should be done as in sport - equal chances for all - mirror games and so on.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Yes everyone likes fairness. But let me speak as an intermediate player who loved the tournament. Here's the thing that top players don't seem to get. When you are a novice and even intermediate you don't often realize when a map is unfair. You just think to yourself "wow I kicked butt!" Or "man that guy was good". It takes an expert player to recognize the imbalances. Unless the imbalance is egregious, like you don't stand a chance of gaining an early base capture, nobody really recognizes all this " unfairness ". And whenever I play someone 100-300 points above me (I hover around 2175), I get my butt kicked regardless of map imbalances.

Tl;Dr 95% of uniwarriors don't care. The point has been made. Move on.
A.Buendia

A.Buendia

I really didn't like this tournament. No mirror games, weird groups formation. I never heard about tournament in any other games where high rated players should play with each other in first round, so most of them are eleminated very quickly. Even 2rd and 3rd places on this tournament would be at fact weaker than lots of other participants - that's really stupid, I never heard about something like this in other games. And rules of choosing winner when points of players are equal - these rules are weird too. Though I can't offer any good rules when there are no mirror games.

Hope you will fix these problems in next tournaments, especially mirror games.

If you want low rated players to play with each other until they meet high rated players - there are lots of good ways to do this. Look how it's done at other tournaments -sports, chess, StarCraft etc.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello A.Buendia!

This is just one tournament. This is not how all tounaments will be. That does not mean that all tourneys will be mirror games either.
What is certain is an in-game tourney feature will come, and the player hosting the tournament will be able to set all these parameteres.

To bad that your experience on this tourney did not meet your expectations - but i still hope to see you in tourneys to come

I will open a thread under "New feature requests" to discuss the coming in-game tourney feature. Hope to see your ideas there

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
A.Buendia

A.Buendia

Hi Sims!

I'll be glad to participate in future tournaments with mirror games. Too bad that we are talking about mirror games and ladder reform a lot, but at fact we get other features: chat improvements, main screen redesign, automated tournaments without mirror games etc. I think all these features are useless. Hope there are some players who need them. But I hope that one day features that we talk about a lot will become implemented as well. I can post it to your "New feature request" if you like. But at fact I and many other players already wrote a lot about these two features (mirror games and ladder reform). So that's really strange for me why they have so low priority.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Yes. Please do continue a discussion about general development there. I will try to give answers to the best of my knowledge

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
johnalei

johnalei

My opponent plingis2 has not showed up for about 2 days, should I skip him or not?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 06, 2015 15:45

[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

I think that would be ok...
..but you seem to lead much on kill/loss so it wont really matter in the end i suspect..

[Email]
unikz

unikz

John u r the best, skip and win
Forum Index » Tournaments