[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
View the map/game/messages before responding to a peace offr
Forum Index » New Feature Request
lion37

lion37

When one of the players offers peace to the others, you generally have to respond before your turn begins.
It would be much better if you could first view the whole map and read the comments that the player wrote and only then decide if you want to accept or decline the offer.
brainiac

brainiac

i agree completely. i've even accepted peace by accident once when i didn't notice the offer peace thing came up.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

I'd also like to know which player offered peace in a multi-player game.
rebelxt

rebelxt

good idea. it's very annoying getting peace pop up dialog before you can see what's going on and who is offering peace.
lion37

lion37

Here is how it should work.

Whenever you get a peace offer that you need to respond to, you should get a message telling you there was an offer, but NOT asking you to accept or reject the offer at that time.

The "Game Options" menu should then have 2 additional options: "Accept peace" and "reject peace". Which you can select whenever you wish.

Anonymous

Anonymous
+1

Definitely needed. You have no idea what you're accepting, and to find out you have to reject it. A clear usability bug.
[Avatar]
sandymac

[Avatar]
sandymac

+1
Anonymous

Anonymous
i like lion37's idea. also maybe put a note in the war report that shows who offered peace, at what time, and who have already accepted or rejected.

also i feel in 3v3 or 4v4 games, majority vote should win. so in a 3v3 game, the game would end in a draw once 2 players on each team accept peace. in 4v4 games, the game would be a draw once 3 players on each team accept peace.
[Avatar]
Gargoyle

[Avatar]
Gargoyle

No, I like the idea of everyone needing to agree to a Peace Offer. Otherwise, if someone is dominating a game the other players can vote for peace to keep from losing too many points. That's not fair to the good players.
[Avatar]
Kevor

[Avatar]
Kevor

I gotta agree with Gargoyle here -- too open to abuse. Should be unanimous for multi-player games.
I also agree with the need to see the map and comments before deciding to accept/reject peace. It is very annoying right now. I always reject, and then check the board, and send a chat message. (But most players don't seem to read them... or are not polite enough to respond to them...)

But there is sort of a special case for team games. In fact, I think I should make a separate post for this, but I'll mention it here:
I was just in a team game, where one member of the opposing team dropped out, leaving his teammate in the lurch. I rolled over the zombie units and took the bases of the missing player. I felt guilty about it, but the other guy never asked for peace (even after I mentioned via chat that maybe we should stop, since he no longer had a chance... once again, no reply... oh, well... we ate him up.) Anyway, maybe there needs to be some kind of system where majority would rule in such a case. I say that, but I am not 100% sure about how it should be implemented... comments?

No battle plan survives contact with the enemy...
(Helmuth von Moltke, Generalfeldmarschall of the Prussian Army)
Forum Index » New Feature Request