[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Rank Reform - Part 2 & 3
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
How should CUSTOM games evolve?
Only RANDOM games can be RANKED, no more custom ranked games. 63% [ 52 ]
A separate ladder for CUSTOM ranked games must be created 37% [ 31 ]
Total Votes : 83
[Avatar]
su47

[Avatar]
su47

Also,can we delete this funktion:
"Players in random games not taking their 1st turn within 24 hours will be removed from the game and be replaced by a bot. "
Im tinking,this is not good
F V G

F V G

Hello to everyone.

Can we increase turn time limit to 36 hours in random games ?
It's not a problem to enter game once a day, but some times it is not enough and I'm skipped.....
Like opponent waits for opportunity to skip me and do it as soon as can.
For example I can play just at evening, but today it is 8 pm and tomorrow it is 10 pm and in this 2 hours somebody can skip me.
Can we increase limit from 24 hours to 36 or 30 for random games ????
It is really important for me.
I often dont play just for this simple reason.
anonym551653

anonym551653

I believe that ffa should be ranked and same for teams. The only changes I wouldn't mind would be making team and ffa separate ladders and having 10 and 3 min no longer ranked. All other game modes should be ranked and if you don't like it choose random only.
anonym551653

anonym551653

I agree with fvg, though I don't have to many of these scenarios. If it doesn't change to your liking, fvg, just play twice daily.
[Avatar]
Kosmik

[Avatar]
Kosmik

Cool!!! Only random games!
[Avatar]
Lucy in sky

[Avatar]
Lucy in sky

my suggestions to handle the unbalanced maps is to allow players to "abandon" a random game before their first turn up to 2 times in a row, meaning if you abandon 2 times then you will have to play the 3rd one.
each time one of the 2 players abandon the game then a new matchup is created between the same 2 players. so worst case there would be 4 different abandoned matchups until the 5th will be forced.
the abandoning of maps should be used to take into account whether the map with that particular matchup should be included in the random matchup pool.
[Avatar]
plingis

[Avatar]
plingis

I understand very little English. Yet I tell you my opinion. Reform waited for many years. Everyone wants fair play. I voted for random.

uniwar.ucoz.com
[WWW]
DGJacobs

DGJacobs

Personally I think you should leave it alone. You've already ruined rated team play and will soon ruin the game itself. It is only a game. If people are all hung up on the ratings then they should just play in the tournaments. Let the rest have fun and use the ratings as a guide to someones ability. The way it is now if you want the challenge of getting any map or opponent you can get it. If you have favorite maps, armies or opponents you can get it. Just leave all the slicing and dicing to the tournaments.
elroyomj

elroyomj

Yeah, not a big fan of the whole reset of points of those of us over 2400. Many of us have done it the right way- I have played the game for 4 1/2 years and have three different accounts with approx 2600-2700 each. You would be reaching into my figurative point pocket pretty deep.

I vote to drop such proposa: In time it will work itself out- those who got there the wrong way will just lose on an equal playing field and come back down. Those who don't play anymore will lose points until they come down. Those of us that did get there the right way won't be penalized and can fight to try and hold onto our earned perches.

Elroyomj
Elroyomj too
Elroyomj iii
[Avatar]
su47

[Avatar]
su47

Elroi,hi!.
Im playing about 4.5 years.And reset my score many times.Dont fear loose yourself points.
Belive me-line of score deviations go to yourself REAL rating.
Im reset my score many times .And anyway come to my level ~2600.This is not fear,loose your poins and find again.But very fun.Just try this).
You can goo to runiwar.ru and open images of time changes of score runiwar`s players.
cytivrat

cytivrat

As I understand here we have two main questions being discussed:
1) To be or not to be.. Oh, no: Reset or not reset
2) Whether to have custom ranked games or not

Why do we have ranking? It solves several problems i.e. it allows you to have opponent of the similar level in random games (which usually make games more interesting), it gives some aim, so you want to earn more points to be higher in the list and maybe try to be number 1 there (which makes you play longer), it allows creating custom games where you can filter those who don't play well or play too well for you. As you can see, ranking system is a good and very usefull thing.
But currently there were a bunch of methods to make your rankning much-much higher than your actual level of play, and certain people used that, like IORI-A, Pipka, etc. It is impossilbe to reach 4000 (just take look at chess world ranking). Those number doesn't make any sense, are completely useless. I think that those people on top are not the only ones who cheated to get their ranking, there are the only ones which obviously cheated, the rest are just not that noticable and cannot be proved by one look. As a result, you cannot estimate person skill using ranking, it doesn't make you want to go higher (because it is simply impossible). Actually it takes away everything that ranking system should provide.

Reset or not reset? On my opinion, there is just one option RESET it. Why? Because, for example, if you force person play 1 random game at a time, then to make IORI-A to drop from his 4355 to something more appropriate (let it be 2700) he will have to lose ~40 games or even more. 1 game can take 3 month (especially if you want it to be very long. Do many of 2500+ players skip others immideately after 1 day turn limit? I don't, and many others had chances to skip me many-many times and just one or two used that opportunity): 40 games * 3 month = 120 month, 10 years. Do you want to wait 10 years to see who is really strongest one and to see your real position in the world? I guess it is way too long to wait for ranking to become real. Additionaly he will have problems finding opponents. As a result Reset, Reset and only Reset can help here.
Actually resetting those who above 2400 is not that bad, most likely you will have to play with people who know how to play, of course not all the games will be interesting, but in 3-6 month you will be back to your position, if it is really your deserved position.

to be continued..
cytivrat

cytivrat

Custom ranked games? Or separate ladder for custom games?

Execuse, maybe I'm too stupid to understand, but what will ladder for custom games show? How will you compare player skill using that ladder? What's purpose of it? If I'm a king of Deadmonk when playing titans vs saps how I will be compared to someone playing Jungle sap vs titans? Or is it to know who can find the best map to cheat (maybe we should call it "Best cheater ladder" in this case )? Or the fastest way to do this?
If you want to have fun or to play with your friends, I don't see any problem creating custom game and play without losing/earning ranking points and have fun, but if you want to see your real position in this game, then please play the way the rest of us plays: use those random games to earn points, it is not difficult, really

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2015 06:58

[Avatar]
cubanero

[Avatar]
cubanero

I voted for separate ladder. No need to stop custom rank if some people like it. My idea for the higher ranked campers is that all the ranks should drop by time. That means that for ranks above 1900, a drop every week around 10 ELO will be a solution. Players that left uniwar or does not play will get out of the top ranks by time. Players who play constantly without fear have nothing to fear and will balance their games to this drop. I think that the points of every win should raise in correspondence how large is the decrease. I propose small point decrease every week so that the measure affect more the abandon or campers and not the active players.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

My position has long been known. I have five years achieve that only randomly games would be rating. So i voted for random rating only

But we need to be objective. For very beginners cancellation ranking in custom games will be uninteresting, we run the risk of beginners lose interest for the game.

I remember when I played a lot on the map Jungle and improve ranking on it. They were fair fights, beautiful victorys. Yes, it was wrong from the point of view of the nature of the rating, but it was damn interesting)

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2015 11:06

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
Kosmik

[Avatar]
Kosmik

I am don't understand,why some players crying about score reset.I am not a long time in game and easy take 2600.And don't see a problem to repeat this after score reset.I am playing only random games and be sure,very many top players give yourself rating use cheating or unfair methods
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates