[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Rank Reform - Part 4
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Dear UniWarriors,
After listening to the community feedback, we heard your desire to keep the existing leaderboard and custom ranked games. Instead of removing that, we will introduce 5 new leaderboard.

1) Solo: (existing leaderboard) Random games and custom ranked games on ranked maps affect your score and statistics.
2) Solo PROFESSIONAL: Only random mirrored game with ranked maps affect your Pro score and Pro statistics.
3) Solo CHAMPIONSHIP: points are awarded exclusively by Championship tournaments (1 planned per month). You receive points for each round that you play. The points earned double at each round. Semi-final & Final round receives less point than the double (1.6x instead of 2x). This ensures that winners are not unbeatable in points. Your Championship score is the sum of all points gather in the 6 months. The point system is based on the well proven ATP Ranking used in the US Open for Tennis.

4) Team DUO: It requires a pre-built team of 2 players. Random team 2vs2 games and custom ranked 2vs2 games on ranked maps affect your team score and statistics.
5) Team TRIO: Same as Team DUO but with a 3 player team.
6) Team QUATTRO: Same as Team DUO but with a 4 player team.

In order for a map to be ranked, it will switch from 70% to a higher percent not yet defined (probably between 75% to 90%).
Please give us your feedback.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 15, 2016 08:15

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Here is a preview of the new leaderboards screen:

Here is a preview of the new Create Random Game screen:

If you specify your race in Ranked Solo Pro, it is still fair because there is also a mirrored game created where you switch race with your opponent.
If you specify your race in Ranked Solo, there is no mirror game but your opponent will have the same race. This ensures more fairness.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
dougman4

dougman4

This comes as a relief. Gives me the option to play how I want to, ...except perhaps how most important to me. Most experienced players I chat with prefer team play. Is there to be no way to have rated custom team games independent of assigned teammates? I understand and am ok with stripping team points from solo play points, but why not have a similar team play rating where you can have your choice of teammates and play custom games. I mean, I'd like to be able to search rated and unrated team games being formed and join 4, 6 or 8 player games in the works with assorted players as I can now.

Are you still planning to wipe/reduce current ratings? If so, to what level?

I don't know if it has been brought up before, but in addition to certain maps having race advantages - certain maps have advantages with turn order. I know of rated maps where it is impossible to win against another good team if not in a certain turn order. I'm not sure what I think of voting for maps to be rated, I tend to be a nice guy and overwhelmingly vote yes. Maybe I should be more strict, or maybe there should be additional criteria for maps to be chosen as rated.
[Avatar]
rwieczor84

[Avatar]
rwieczor84

can we prebuild 1 or more teams for multiplayer games?

Does solo professional would be reduced while not playing?
ttdanimal

ttdanimal

Is pro winner the result of the combination of the mirrored game outcome as opposed to each individually?
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

dougman4 wrote:

Are you still planning to wipe/reduce current ratings? If so, to what level?

I think that to wipe/reduce current ratings is not the correct measure. We can gradually reform the system, but we have no right to deprive a person of his rating if we respect the players

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

Regular participation in the new ladders will earn respect, TALONE. Xavi suggested wiping the old system of rankings because he doesn't believe it's possible to reform it. I guess the revised proposal is a good compromise as it acknowledges past contributions to the game. But the new ladders seem like the way forward. I hope you join them but I am not optimistic you will... I would love to meet you in a random match and donate points to you!
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

This will be good

I believe that the solo-ranked (current ladder) should be reset once - all above 2400 reset to 2400 - there are so many "inflated" scores on the top there... ...but it have become less important, since the ladders that really mean anything to the serious players will be "ranked solo pro" and "championship tournaments".

I disagree on changing % on map to become rated. It will be very hard to get good maps rated when it can be voted down by "junior" players around 1700 that dont understand balance but vote it down because they lost a game...
I would rather do this:
- make sure that the dialogue-box clearly state that the vote will be used to determine if map gets rated or not (today it is only about "fun factor")
- introduce weighted vote. Can be done in many ways - here is an example: 1 extra vote for each 100 score above 1700 in the "ranked solo pro" ladder. (a 2250 player will then count his vote * 5)

So who is the best player ? The one on top of the "ranked solo pro" or "championship tournament"??

Talone: Time to play ? Your status as "grandmaster" will diminish in time unless you are "up there" in the relevant ladders

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
herompolbu

herompolbu

Talon cares for his rating more than others )) Nothing surprising.. All his uniwar business is based on his place in Rating Ladder.

Post edited. Be constructive, stay on topic and refrain from peronal attacks.
simsverd

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23, 2015 12:42

[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

simsverd wrote:This will be good

Talone: Time to play ? Your status as "grandmaster" will diminish in time unless you are "up there" in the relevant ladders

Get rating - not a problem for me. I'm not talking about myself. I'm talking about UniWar. Take away players earned rating - this is not the best solution, which can lead to the fact that some players will not be happy. Not everyone who has a rating above 2400 - get it dishonestly If a player now has an honest rating of 2600 or 2700, it would be disrespect to the player to deprive him of this rating

For those who wish to sport - there is a new PRO rating. For those who are just having fun - there is the old rating.

Afflict players and do not respect them - it's not a wise way to go.

Wise path for UniWar - satisfy all the players and respect them.

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

herompolbu wrote:Talon cares for his rating more than others )) Nothing surprising.. All his uniwar business is based on his place in Rating Ladder.

Post edited. Be constructive, stay on topic and refrain from peronal attacks.
simsverd

For five years I have played many rating games.

Now I only play unrated games with my students. Today, I'm bored to play hundreds of rating games only to someone to prove something.

But if someone wants to challenge me, if someone thinks that he plays better than me, it is easy to check: do bet $ 200 and play single mirror fight on any map you want and any race you want.

I am ready to put $ 200 on that no one can win me. Are you ready?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 23, 2015 13:12

[WWW]
herompolbu

herompolbu

Why my comment is marked red? Moderator did not change anything in it. And now it looks like I have wrote smth bad.

Talone, see you in pro ladder. If you are relly so good in uniwar as you say you are
EVR1022

EVR1022

Very much looking forward to these new changes Xavi!!

A couple thoughts:

1) I think the rating reset is not really needed with the new PRO & CHAMPIONSHIP ratings. If a player is 2600+ in standard rating but does not have a high score in the new categories then we can assume that his standard rating is inflated.
2) I'm not sure I like the team ratings being limited to how well you play with a certain partner (or partners). It seems like it'd be difficult to play enough games with the same partner(s) to get a high rating.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

EVR1022 wrote:Very much looking forward to these new changes Xavi!!

A couple thoughts:

If a player is 2600+ in standard rating but does not have a high score in the new categories then we can assume that his standard rating is inflated.

Strange logic. I know a lot of strong players who now do not play random. But their rating - honest.

After many years of playing random becomes bored, that's fine. It becomes fun to play only interesting maps with interesting players. But this does not mean that those veterans who fought for many years honestly do not deserve their place in the ranking.

Newcomers come into the game and quickly go. A veteran - is the backbone of the game. We have to learn to respect them, and not to impose a duty to play. Game - it is not an obligation.

[WWW]
ttdanimal

ttdanimal

Want to go back to how winner and applied rating points assigned in mirror matches. Are you planning to base it on the result of both games together as has been discussed in the past? If so, would you consider speed of victory (when each wins one) as a tiebreaker? Or as a draw?

I'd vote for the points that would trade hands in one heads up matchup - then divide those equally amongst each mirror match. Then it's not about who wins faster in unbalanced mirror. If it is, that will just result in long drawn out defensive games. Would prefer to have just winning matter. Each player wins one, no score change, regardless of who wins faster.

Leave the speed of victory as the tiebreaker for tournaments. This also creates a bit of separation between tourny and pro ranking, which I like.
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates