[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Rank Reform - Part 4
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates
[Avatar]
stylepro

[Avatar]
stylepro

TALONE, high-rating players must be dropped down too. If they were able to get that high before, this does not mean they will be able to get that high now. Player must be out of top, if he doesn't play random games.
Players' skill grove up, and current ladder does not show us true players' level.

Fell free to invite me for a game. I'm always waiting for you
[Email]
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

stylepro wrote:TALONE, high-rating players must be dropped down too. If they were able to get that high before, this does not mean they will be able to get that high now. Player must be out of top, if he doesn't play random games.
Players' skill grove up, and current ladder does not show us true players' level.

You're mixed in your head two different problems:

1. Reset the old rating
2. New PRO rating

Now i talk ONLY about point 1: old rating.

The main reason for dishonesty old rating - is the ability to play custom rated games. This feature will be saved.

So what's the sense of doing reset rating today, if not corrected the main reason of it dishonesty - custom rated games with clones?

You do rating reset, but very soon all happen again: the players will quickly make the rating due to custom games with clones and TOP will again be all with cheaters.

It seems that some people just can not think about the consequences of their actions. It is easy to shout: "Give reset!" But to answer the simple question: what's the meaning of it, if nothing will change - it is more difficult. It needs a brain.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 24, 2015 21:57

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

TALONE the main reason you are pushing to preserve the old ranking is economic. You benefit from keeping the historical rankings so you can tell new players you are the best. Please don't hide your real reasons. Don't be like the Anglo American bankers who secretly rule the world. Rule the world in the open. Rise to the top of the new ladders.
[Avatar]
talone

[Avatar]
talone

You make logical mistake. In old rating I am the number 4, in new rating it will not be problem for me to become number 1 if cheaters like Pipka not find the fast way.

Also after resetting it will be easy to make a big rating in old system too because the custom rating games ARE REMAIN.

If I as you think so want to be the first number, WHY all this time I was only 4th number? Do you really think that it is a problem for me to make my rating more then Pipka's rating in old rating ladder? If I want it, I easy make for me 5000 rating and would be the first in old ladder.

So try to be logic. I like logic and sense in everything. To make reset old rating and continue to have possibility to make rating custom games with clones or even without clones is not logical because it changes nothing but even makes old rating worse: new cheaters like Pipkas will be first again, but fair great players like Alon will disappear from old ladder.

NEW rating will be in the new ladder: PRO ladder. So there is no logical sense to reset old rating.

Just try to make logical steps then write nonsense that TALONE cares about his rating. If TALONE wants he will make ANY rating for him as in old ladder as in PRO ladder.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Mar 25, 2015 04:36

Who loves UniWar and wants seriously study the UniWar secrets and tactics - email me
[WWW]
[Avatar]
stylepro

[Avatar]
stylepro

talone, no, i want to reset current rating too. Yes, there will be cheaters and unfair players, but if we'll reset it once a year, there will be less cheaters in ladder. I see you point. You do not want old players to leave ladders, but there is no point to keep someome, who covered in cobweb. But you right, custom rating games are bad things.

Well, now pro ladder will show true skill level. But only if there will be just random matches, not custom.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 25, 2015 05:01

Fell free to invite me for a game. I'm always waiting for you
[Email]
herompolbu

herompolbu

There were some talks about resetting scores in solo ladder once a year. I think it is a good idea.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

I want to clarify certain points.

1. First, the reset of the current ladder for score above 2400 to 2400 is likely to happen soon. There is no yearly reset planned.
2. As of today, there is no way to inflate your score as it was possible in the past. Today, only games using RATED maps can be RATED. Playing against the same player comes with a strong diminishing returns. It's not possible to build a pyramid scheme to inflate your score.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

An important point: Players not available for at least 2 random games will not be listed in any ladder. The reason for this change is to promote active players and not show inactive players.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Bronco76

Bronco76

xavi wrote:An important point: Players not available for at least 2 random games will not be listed in any ladder. The reason for this change is to promote active players and not show inactive players.

Some questions here, Xavi:
1. "in any ladder" includes the existing Ranking?
2. "available for at least 2 random games" means the user Profile Setting? How does it work, I never cared about it. I started my random Games manually, when I had spare game slots.

Best regards!
[Avatar]
smotpoker420

[Avatar]
smotpoker420

Ranked pro should have mirror games instead of mirror race and maybe a lower pool of ranked maps which are voted for by 2100+ players.

*passes blunt*
[Avatar]
killermax636

[Avatar]
killermax636

I can not start a random game with the mode other than ranked solo——other modes are unavailable. And why is unrated mode removed?
careloads

careloads

As a casual member for a few years now I thought it was time to voice my opinion.

Please stop complicating rankings. In the last 18 months or so it has become increasingly difficult to find games with good players without being forced into this or that. It was easy to find good games with quality apponents before. I just want to play with good players.

One rank should be open to all players at all times and be based on current performance only. Abusive players lose points. Cheaters, inactive, slow one always getting skipped, etc. can all factor in. Simple.

As a casual gamer I feel penalized for not being hardcore. I think I am a capable player and it feels like many games are not available to me because I am not "hardcore" enough to meet all these requirements.

You have a great game here...Please, dont ruin the game for rankings. I just feel that all this effort could be used to make it even better.

Thanks for listening,

careloads
careloads

careloads

One more thing, I play 80% ffa 4+ players which means I "lose" alot. This is not an accurate way to rank people like me and keeps me out of even more games. A simple "winning percentage" across all games would fix this. For example:

4player ffa
win = 100%
2nd = 50%
3rd = 25%
4th = 0%

2 player is all or nothing.

Easy split percentages no matter how many players or how many games. After abuse penalties, your rank is accurate and valid for whatever the rank is worth. Take the decimals out as far as u want for tie breaking. Everyone gets judged the same, and fairly!

Please dont drive players away with over complicated rankings.

Thanks again for your consideration,

careloads
careloads

careloads

More on DAILY penalties,

Inactive= 1% each day without an active game.
Slow play= .1% for each skip, 1% for removal.

New player starts at 0% and earns his/her way up the one big ladder.

Inactive players automatically fall based on how long between games.

Cheating would need more evaluation but heavily penalized.

Using this system we have maximum flexibility with minimum effort. More energy for the real issues of gameplay.

Thanks again for your time,

careloads
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

xavi wrote:I want to clarify certain points.

1. First, the reset of the current ladder for score above 2400 to 2400 is likely to happen soon. There is no yearly reset planned.

You mean every one with a score above 2400 will drop to 2400?
Forum Index » What's New in the Latest Updates