[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Cheating in multi player games
Forum Index » General Discussion
zCRP

zCRP

colin wrote:
I might have done something similar had I felt there was a clear winner, but in our case where 3 players were already banding together, I was disappointed you had given up so soon.

I had no clear view of the SW area of the map, and red looked unbeatable to me at that point. Maybe I was wrong, but that's what it looked to me. Anyway, no bad feelings and I hope to encounter you again in a better game
draka

draka

I am playing in a crossroads game where 1512 rated player and a 1930 rated player are both attacking me and hardly touching each other the 1500 player leaves the path clear for the other to take the bases

I have continually messages the 1500 player to tell him that he is letting the 1900 player win but I get no response on the chat.

Both players joined the game within minutes of each other and usaully play thier turns within minutes of each other to, I suspect brother and sister or 2 close friends colluding it really spoils the game
draka

draka

guess what i was defeated and the next round the 1500 player surrendered, now theres a surprise !

FYI - the players i were dealing with were Nomura (1900), and louis1230 (1500), i have challenged nomura to a 1v1 game and will see how good he really is.
[Avatar]
_jnc_

[Avatar]
_jnc_

Now what a surprise; those are the siblings I wrote about

I think the invite is a great idea, I did the same let's see what happens.
glackattack

glackattack

I guess I'm not surprised at the cheating--I'm more surprised that the developer does nothing about it. If this isn't addressed somehow, I'm giving the app a zero stars rating in the app store.

I have seen a lot of highly suspicious behavior in the past (inexplicable early drop-outs by low-rated players), but nothing like I'm experiencing at the moment. I am in a Quintus game with one highly ranked player ("GERMANator") and three other players with point totals in the 1500's (wan0530, werty, and Die Locke). wan0530 surrendered on the first turn. Then werty, Die Locke and GERMANator immediately and obviously teamed up on me. They not only ignored each other, they even ignored unoccupied bases in their haste to knock me out. GERMANator is obviously an impatient person. The thing that made me laugh out loud was when GERMANator created a battery in a base that was adjacent to two of werty's helicopters.

The game is QUINTUS35370. If the developer is monitoring these forums, I invite you to do something about it.
Anonymous

Anonymous
this problem could be addressed by having a minimum rating setting to join a game. then you wouldn't see a 1500 player joined a game with 1900 players.
Anonymous

Anonymous
That's a good idea.
Anonymous

Anonymous
Hey, whether they cheated or not it's kind of not cool to start accusing people by name.
glackattack

glackattack

Why not? Is there any other way to deter it?
colin

colin

I liked how Uniwar now allows you to look at user profiles from within a game. This let me discover that 6 of the 8 people in a current octal war game were friends and refraining from attacking each other and cooperating to take down the non-friends (the half a dozen screenshots for consecutive turns is evidence enough of their strategy).

I would like to have the ability to look at profiles of users in a game before the game starts to keep from joining those pointless games. Obviously this isn't a fix to the issue, but I think it'd be a good enough help for such a small feature.

Also, is there a specific channel to communicate grievances against specific players? If the support address is used, will the Uniwar team act on it?
lion37

lion37

I no longer play free-for-all multi player games.
The problem is that they *almost always* end badly.

1) At some point alliances are formed and someone will accuse someone else of cheating. (I've been on both ends of this).
2) After alliances are formed, there comes a point where they must be canceled at which point one of the players will accuse the other player of having no honor and going back on his promise of an allaince.

Since multi-player games always lead to "teams", I find its much better to just play team games to begin with.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 31, 2009 12:15

Anonymous

Anonymous
The total BS is when people kick you for points, im getting tired of it
Forum Index » General Discussion