[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
iOS App Bugs and Game Improvement Ideas
Forum Index » New Feature Request
dougman4

dougman4

I'm having these issues with the iOS version of the game.

1. Get rid of the information text crawl at the top of screen in game. Use abbreviations if you must, but get it all on one line that doesn't crawl. To have to sit and wait to see how many moves marauders have is painful beyond measure.

2. When I exit out of an in progress game, the messages indicator resets as though I have new messages even though I have already read them.

3. Unit colors are too close in hue to each other. Difficult to differentiate green and black (why is black green?) and orange and red. This is at its worst with Khral units, when you have a screen full of green/black and orange/red units it is impossible to distinguish between them. Stop making units two toned, make black just black!

4. Certain actions can't be undone, like bury/unbury, when most other actions allow you to. All actions should be able to be undone.

5. The hex size on the iPhone 6+ is too small. Man sized fingers can not accurately select a hex. For some reason, the hex size was dramatically reduced in the last Uniwar iOS update.

6. Please allow in game text. It is difficult to arrange games, especially team games, without it. You frequently would like to agree beforehand to certain things, and without text that becomes difficult or impossible.

7. People routinely send private chat texts in error to the public chat in game. This causes embarrassment and revealed strategy. There should be a header at the top of the screen that identifies "Public Chat" or "Private/Team Chat". The only way while composing a message to know for sure if it is being sent to public or team chat is to delete it, and start over again.

8. I think you should be able to accept a rated game with the condition of it being mirrored. As it stands, there is no way to communicate in game beforehand that you will join someone's rated game but expect to be able to play the reverse too (to offset race or turn order advantage). Please create a mechanism where this can happen.

9. The damage forecast dots are impossible to see (especially now that the iPhone 6+ hexes are so small). I'd prefer little numbers instead. It would also be cool for a unit to turn color (maybe flash red or grey) if the forecast is for it to die.

10. Build in the damage calculator into the game, those running Android have access to one and us iOS players do not. Barring that, build it into the Uniwar website so I could look it up.

11. While composing in game chat texts, the game crashes frequently and has to be restarted.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Hello!

Thank you for feedback.

Many of these issues are fixed or changed in the new version wich is coming your way in a week or so..

I will answer as best i can and hope Xavi picks up the rest:

1. Agree to that suggestion

2. This happens when you login/out of different accounts. If you read a message in a game. go into another acc and back - messages from current games is read, but when you enter the same game and go out to current games without opening messages it shows the icons for unread messages. Should be easy to fix.

3. I dont think its that bad, but i agree that colors can be better.

4. Burrow can be undone in android version, and is in iOS very soon.

5. Think this will be solved in a few weeks with the introduction of "pinch to zoom"

6. Currently main chat or an external chat program (hangouts, skype or similar) is the place for such, but i agree that it would be nice with a messaging system.. Or the ability to create ad_hoc chatrooms wich you could invite others into, that would expire after some time or some time of inactivity.

7. I think players will do this anyway... but i agree that it could be better labeled

8. The coming Rated pro solo will be a random, rated, mirror only .. for those that value absolute fairness

9. This is changed to numbers in the new android version soon in iOS. And its no longer predicton. Its the actual dammages.

10. The best dammage calculator is made by the russian player cytrivat for Android. Its an option to use an android emulator on pc/mac (bluestacs for example) to get the app. There is no plans to include a calculator in the game... But i agree that it should at least have been awailable on the website directly

11. This is a serverside bug. It should have been fixed. If you still get this please post in the bug section of the forum

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jun 07, 2015 07:03

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
dougman4

dougman4

7. I know many times a week I have to quit a composed message just because I'm terrified it could possibly be public when I intend for team. It is easily preventable if I could just see a header confirming it was public or team. Of course, there will still be mistakes but this would improve my experience a lot. That is such a small fix, you really ought to do it.

11. If you thought the chat text crashes should have be fixed some time ago, I can assure you I've been getting them routinely until present. I don't get the crash all the time, one every couple days maybe. And occasionally, maybe a couple in a day.

Let me add a new request:

12: On the in game chat compose window, please have the area for inputting chat text start further below the header. When I edit chat text on the first line, my iPhone FAR TOO OFTEN sends or cancels the text before I actually want to. That's because, the first line of text is right next to the SEND or CANCEL buttons. Since texts are limited in size, there is no reason to have such a large area to input text in anyway. Have a smaller area for text input centered in the middle of the screen. Thanks!

Question: Back a while, the plan was to reset ratings to a certain level (say above 2500 back down to 2500). Over the last few months, I've been playing risky games for fun knowing my rating was going to be reset anyway. But, I've never seen the rating reset. Is it finally coming, and to what level?
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

dougman4 wrote:7. I know many times a week I have to quit a composed message just because I'm terrified it could possibly be public when I intend for team. It is easily preventable if I could just see a header confirming it was public or team. Of course, there will still be mistakes but this would improve my experience a lot. That is such a small fix, you really ought to do it.

11. If you thought the chat text crashes should have be fixed some time ago, I can assure you I've been getting them routinely until present. I don't get the crash all the time, one every couple days maybe. And occasionally, maybe a couple in a day.

Let me add a new request:

12: On the in game chat compose window, please have the area for inputting chat text start further below the header. When I edit chat text on the first line, my iPhone FAR TOO OFTEN sends or cancels the text before I actually want to. That's because, the first line of text is right next to the SEND or CANCEL buttons. Since texts are limited in size, there is no reason to have such a large area to input text in anyway. Have a smaller area for text input centered in the middle of the screen. Thanks!

Question: Back a while, the plan was to reset ratings to a certain level (say above 2500 back down to 2500). Over the last few months, I've been playing risky games for fun knowing my rating was going to be reset anyway. But, I've never seen the rating reset. Is it finally coming, and to what level?

Hello again, sorry for late reply.

11. Should be fixed. At least i have not seen it for a while on the android version.. wich is days ahead ported to ios.
12. The text window is changed due to moving to other framework(libGDX). You will have to see how that looks it the ios version soon.

Rating reset: As far as i know the score in the current ladder ("ranked solo") will be reset soon. All players above 2400 will be reset to 2400.
Serious players will find that the coming "ranked solo pro" (with mirror) and the "championship tournament" are the place to get rating

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
ttdanimal

ttdanimal

Related to #4... I've noticed in new Android version that the post-hit move of speeders and helis can't be undone.

Example: If you strike, and post-hit move back two spaces, but undue that move once you see maybe you only want to go back one, it ends that units turn and puts them back to the hitting hex, definitely not where you would have wanted it.

Quite sure this was not the case with previous versions.

Thanks.
anonym551653

anonym551653

My answer to #3

The two tone is awesome looking (with some exceptions). Unless you're color blind you shouldn't have trouble.but to many colors match on different armies

For colors it should be the same for all races with the exception of sapiens typical light grey for second color (second color is like blue for white khraleans) hard my suggestions in rgb, you should change it up to give it a metallic look for non khraleans that works great right now

Player 1. Primary 0,0,255, secondary 64,0,128. Blue and purple would be interesting
2. 255,0,0, 255,128,0. Red and outrage is fine as is
3. 255,255,0, 128,192,255. Yellow and light blue is good already
4. 0,192,0, 0,0,0. To keep green and black
5. 255,128,0, 255,255,0. Orange and yellow would be a good set
6. 0,0,0, 255,0,0. Black and red, need I explain
7. 0,255,255, 0,255,0. Cyan and green would match well
8. 255,255,255, 0,0,255. White and blue are amazing together
My biggest problems now are:

Teal needs to go, it blends in with blue and green and white too easily. Cyan (make blue more of a navy to prevent current problem) would stand out more. (This one sucks so much)

Khraleans and titans secondaries need to match. No more two orange and blue armies.

No more secondaries being the same on different armies. I want more than green khralean limbs and orange titan energy half the time
Forum Index » New Feature Request