[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Balance suggestions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
waxoid

[Avatar]
waxoid

8 strength marauder with +3 opposite side gang-up finishes 1hp plasma tank about 75% of the time, so you just got a bad roll. Full strength marauder gets that 90% of the time. Marauders are already very effective, making them +1 vs. heavy would be a big hammer making sap more dominant, but sort of turns the marauder into a monster.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I've got to agree with everyone else, I think the eclipse should fly and the battery gets increased mobility. In most forest terrain, its move after attack ability is useless at best.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Suggestion for tanks, maybe it could attack agian if it kills its enemy, like in those ww2 stragety games. I also support the 3 heal rate
guinwza

guinwza

Suggest for removing randomness because most of the time randomness of dice make you unable to predict what you should do in next turn or what opponent can do in next turn because the damage is not only depend on the unit's stats but also depend on luck which is not suite for the strategy game.

My suggestion is increase hp,attack,repair,gankups of all units by 10x (so that unit's max hp will become 100 repair become 10 but damage have a range from 0-100 to compatible with more acculate damage calculation)

And for more acculate damage calculations battle damage must have more acculate scale (like in advance war which damage calculated as percent) and when unit are dealing damage you just use old algolithm of damage calculation but instead of deal random damage from the chart , use mean damage in the chart instead
eg.: Marine attack : 50%deal0dmg,20%deal1dmg,30%deal2dmg
the mean damage can calculate from
(0.5*0)+(0.2*1)+(0.3*2) = 0.8 damage
but in my new system unit attack increase 10x
so marine will deal 8 damage(this is low because max hp is now 100)

pros of this system is
-you can predict you action more acculately
-unit which deal 0 damge will deal 1-9 damage instead so this will effect the gameplay for sure
for example now you can use maruader to harass plasma tank (which cant do in 10 hp format because damage lower than 1 is 0 so maruader will nearly useless against plasma even with gankup) or use speeder,eclipse harass pinzer and swarmer will be more effective against copter
-this wont nerf tanky unit because they also can escape with hp lower than 10

cons
-only cons i can think is : this system will make this game less depent on lucky dice, reduce randomness of the game

i am not good at statistics techinal language so if there's something you dont understand in this system you can ask me
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

Good points guinwza.
Randomness is ok in this game but it should lowered.
Look on my game with Sdrawde in Championship September:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9qOepxd39-WHVTb0U0WGItTVk/view?usp=sharing
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw9qOepxd39-bU9FeUx2b3U2S0U/view?usp=sharing
I made 2 damage with 4 hp marines, while his 7 hp marines made only 1 damage (with no gangup!) - try to repeat this, it's almost impossible! It's too big difference! Games aren't fair. Some games are veeeery aligned, so if 1 or 2 situations will apear with very powerfull random damage draw, it can sway result of game in favor of one player.
New players don't know that damages can be changed by changing order of attacks so difference between new and old players is even more.
Attack formula should be a little changed to reduce randomness of damage.

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

anonym551653

anonym551653

simsverd wrote:My top fixes to current minor imbalances :

Khral:
Pinzer +2 air.
Will better balance the khral/sap because heli now will take 1 dammage when hitting a pinzer.
This will also make the pinzer a usable unit in khral vs khral battles (wich is mostly all swarmers now)

Titan:
Make the eclipse a flying unit and remove teleport ability. Reduce move to 9. Possibly reduce air to 11 (-1).
This will give titan better flexiblity vs all matchups and the eclipse will not be such an underused unit.

Sap:
Battery +1 (or +2) vs ground heavy.
This will make the battery better vs the titan plasma wall that iften make it impossible to fight a fortified titan as sap.

I don't want any flying titan units. I know it would sound cool but no aerial makes Titans more unique as it offers a different play style. If it needs to be buffed, bug it in different areas, I think the eclipse's heavy ground could be buffed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Nov 08, 2015 07:48

Pyros x

Pyros x

I propose you modify the attack range of eclipse from 1-2 to 2-3 and you may decrease its heavy ground attack by 1
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Maybe an eclipse that can go on water but isn't aerial?
doogie63

doogie63

People are always talking about balance but most maps no matter what race you get not all units are available. People make maps but then make certain units in race not available. So if Xavi makes races balance they will never really be balance if all units are not available when playing. I think all units should be available in all maps.
[Avatar]
Angkor

[Avatar]
Angkor

guinwza wrote:
My suggestion is increase hp,attack,repair,gankups of all units by 10x

I think this proposition deserves special topic, it's great.
I don't agree with the rest of it however, the randomness is a bit too big for strategy game, but that's not the way. Current system is quite unique and fine, we could only cut the 5% best-worst damage in calculation. Or 7,5%.
So extreme situations wouldn't happen.

Hey can we propose here more complex things like 'eclipse should be aerial, but only in receiving damage, not moving around' or 'swarmer should go through mountains with cost of 4'?
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I have made a suggestion a while ago about having maps available online and with them stats about 1st vs 2nd and race vs race. I also posted something about a war fund.
If you have reliable stats I.e. more than 100 games played and you can alter the credits per turn (war fund) or change the starting credits for one player, then you could build in automatic levelling. E.g. on dead monk if you find that saps beat titans more than 60% - 40% then the system could add a war find of 10 credits per turn to any titan player when they played against saps. After a number of more plays if the wins loss ratio had not improved then increase by another 10.
If you find player 1 seems to have an unfair advantage increase player 2 initial credits.
I think this could fine tune almost any maps to leave them truly balanced. I don't think it would cure truly broken maps, those I'd expect to flip flop wildly as you changed the credits for one player or another. Also I don't think you should aim for a perfect 33% between races and 50% between start position (2 player) +/-5% is probably more than accurate enough.
It just depends on uniwar keeping track of the stats.
Brarn Skar

Brarn Skar

Well, I've got a balance suggestion that would include all units in the game seeing changed their defense values. Hmmm it's a little complex, and I wanted to do a poll for it, so will post it in a different thread.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

My suggestions, choose at least 2 of the following for each race:

Buff Marines' GL attack by 1
Rebuff Marauder's GL by 1 again, 9 was good enough
Buff Battery's GH by 1 to break the Titan wall or buff Helicopter's GH by 1, it's quite underpowered vs GH or nerf price by 50

Buff Swarmer's GH by 1, it needs it quite a bit
Buff Wyrm's defense by 1

Buff Walker's defense by 1
Revamp Eclipse- Nerf Aerial by 2, but nerf price by 50
Buff Speeder's move after attack by 2 for better off-road performance.

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
nindatana

nindatana

wookieontheweb wrote:... or change the starting credits for one player, then you could build in automatic levelling. E.g. on dead monk if you find that saps beat titans more than 60% - 40% then the system could add a war find of 10 credits per turn to any titan player when they played against saps. After a number of more plays if the wins loss ratio had not improved then increase by another 10.
If you find player 1 seems to have an unfair advantage increase player 2 initial credits.
I think this could fine tune almost any maps to leave them truly balanced.

This is a very interesting idea. I think it bears thinking about seriously.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

wookieontheweb wrote:I have made a suggestion a while ago about having maps available online and with them stats about 1st vs 2nd and race vs race. I also posted something about a war fund.
If you have reliable stats I.e. more than 100 games played and you can alter the credits per turn (war fund) or change the starting credits for one player, then you could build in automatic levelling. E.g. on dead monk if you find that saps beat titans more than 60% - 40% then the system could add a war find of 10 credits per turn to any titan player when they played against saps. After a number of more plays if the wins loss ratio had not improved then increase by another 10.
I think this could fine tune almost any maps to leave them truly balanced. I don't think it would cure truly broken maps, those I'd expect to flip flop wildly as you changed the credits for one player or another. Also I don't think you should aim for a perfect 33% between races and 50% between start position (2 player) +/-5% is probably more than accurate enough.
It just depends on uniwar keeping track of the stats.

I like very much the ideia of the maps keeping a record of the win-loss-draw for each race combo. This could be a great tool to show how the map is balanced for each of these race combination and to help in discussions of balance updates.

About the automatic levelling idea, it is not good, in my opinion. With this the system could add more credits per turn to one side due to a normal statistical fluctuation within the standard deviation for a balanced race combo, creating unfair advantages/disadvantages, even in temporarely. And this could also make harder to implement the balance updates.
Forum Index » New Feature Request