[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Vital necessary for multiplayer games
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Bepa

Bepa

1) Possibility to freely assign players colors and positions on map
Problem is that it is very difficult to predict who will be where on big map after game will be created.
I want to have a look at map before starting game and decide which player will be red, blue, green etc
It is really annoying that game creator can be only "blue player".
I want to have possibility to comfortably distribute players colors, positions and teams on map before starting game and I don't understand why I can not do it....

2) Possibility to freely assign players teams.
Now we have no possibility to play 2 x 2 x 2 games for example (can not create more than 2 teams), but we want it!
Also it will give us more freedom in creating games with two teams.

3) I can make map favorite (tap "heart" icon) but I don't understand how it can help me to find this map later. I don't see filter "show me only my favourite maps" anywhere.
[Avatar]
legia

[Avatar]
legia

3) your favor maps are in your profile.

2) it's good idea i think more teams could be implemented

1) I disagree, good maps are well balanced and redistribution can spoil the game

I am somekind of veteran here. Check my videos about UniWar on YouTube: LINK.
Playlist in English: LINK.

Bepa

Bepa

For example I invite 3 players into my game.
I want to be red player,
I want Peter to be blue player,
I want Ann do be yellow and Mary to be green.

Why am I not allowed to do this?
Why I have to calculate by player number which color he will get after game will be started (and thus where his base will be)?

In all popular strategy games host is free to assign colors, positions and teams.

And it is crazy to not allow this.
[Avatar]
simsverd

[Avatar]
simsverd

Bepa wrote:
And it is crazy to not allow this.

ehh.. no. not crazy. the color itself is not so important, unless you are very fond of certain colors..

what is important is the order of each player in multiplayer. Did you really mean that the hosting player should be able to change this? possibly ruining the map makers intentions and possibly balance?

Moderator of gamechat and forum. Tourney admin.

Send me a PM here or invite me to a game if you want to ask me something, suggest a map for tourney or just wanna play a game
[Email]
WolfSaint

WolfSaint

1) To freely distribute colors for a game is horrible. 1 - the only purpose for colors is fun & knowing whos who in the cases of 2+ being same species, 2 - as the host your job is to MAKE the game...not run it. I host parties all the time, sometimes people go inside for a football game other times they come out for a bonfire. Your job is not to say what happens, but make sure everyone has fun. If you arrange who goes where, they won't have their personal favorite color, won't choose their location (since you assume that reds HAVE to be where you place reds on the map), and everyone will have a crappy time...thus, you suck as a host...

2) back to host. People pick who they want to play with. If you take that from them they will start trying methods to show their hatred by team-catching, covering your bases with their troops. I do like the idea of being able to chose # of players for each team though, that way it can be like a siege-game where 1 fortified force fights off 5 attacking forces.

3) check your profile & click favorite maps to play on them, solved...

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Oct 28, 2015 19:14

[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Thank you for your suggestions. In the near future, we will add the following options:
Ability to select colors & customize color.
Filter for the maps i created
Filter for my favorite maps
You will be able to access these map filters in the map browser & editor.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Mecha75

Mecha75

Hi I didn't know exactly where to post this, but it was suggested over 4 years ago by someone that when you move one of your basic units to capture a base you might accidentally tap stay instead of capture, the suggestion was that if you hit stay it should come up "are you sure you want to stay or capture?" Or something similar. I thought while you developers are making changes to the units it would be good if you could make this change, as I have been burned by this before. Thank you.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

After hitting the stay button, you can cancel the stay action by hitting the undo button on the bottom left corner. We will investigate if it needs something more obvious.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
Forum Index » New Feature Request