[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Suicide Unit Suggestion
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Abie

Abie

There have been many discussions of new unit ideas for each race. But why not give each race the option to buy the same exact unit? Or customize the unit for each race?

I am sure some people remember playing Stacraft and might remember that zerg could buy the infested terran, which would suicide and deal lots of damage. They would walk in and simply commit suicide. Why doesn't each race get one of these types of units?

My idea is having a suicide unit that can deal a total of 5-15 damage. Or another way of putting that is a combined amount of damage of 5-15 between each unit.
Lets say that the number is 10. If it explodes right next to 5 units, regardless of the armor type, each unit would take 2 damage per. If it is 3 units, then it would be 3-4 damage per unit. If it is 2 units, then 5 damage per unit.

Maybe allow the user to select where all the damage goes. For example if it is exploded next to a Walker and a Plasma tank, the user can decide that all 10 damage would go to the walker.

Or it could be decided that the maximum damage that can be done to any unit in the group attacked is 4-5 damage per unit. If it explodes next to a plasma tank, it can deal at most 4-5 damage to that. It can never 1-shot the unit. The same with the walker and many other units.

What if the suicide is right next to a friendly unit? It would have to be decided on whether the suicide damage even hits your own units. What if it is killed with a Walker? Then does it explode, or just die? This would make a huge difference.

Suicide after movement would also be useful. I think to make a unit like this effective it would have to be able to move and then suicide. Otherwise it would not work at all.

These are all just suggestions.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Depends. How much does it cost?
Abie

Abie

I would suggest anywhere from 200-300. With limited mobility. I would not suggest giving the unit the ability to move like a speeder or Marauder. What I also might suggest is that this type of unit be available to all races. The suicide unit can attack after it moves. Otherwise the unit can't really explode. It would be near impossible for it to happen if it can't. I also think the life on it should be like 10-15. If it can explode and destroy your own units then a lot of life might make some sense.
Abie

Abie

I don't think it would be such a bad idea. Maybe give each race the exact same unit.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Not a bad idea. I'd like that.

So, what's the difference between races units? Can the khrals suicide fly? Does the Titans explode in a line pattern?

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Nov 19, 2015 15:43

Forum Index » New Feature Request