[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Idea for new races
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Do you want new races
No 17% [ 1 ]
Yes 67% [ 4 ]
Don't care 17% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 6
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Well, I made a lengthy post on a dead thread b4 I realized it was dead. I also want to hear everyone else's best ideas. What do you want in uniwar?

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Nov 10, 2015 04:33

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I love the idea of crystilized units as a fourth race. I remember someone mentioning a race of spiders to rival the Titans. We have so much potential with this fifth race... So what I'm thinking is that theirs a race of creatures controlled by mind spiders. They have a hive set mind, like the khrals, with tarantula infantry. So here's how the support unit transformation would go:
Khral infects tarantula and marine with infector
Titans assimilate tarantula and underling with assimilator
Sapiens reprograms mecha and crystalized warrior (or what ever the infantry will be) with engineer
Natrolites dominate underlings and mind spiders with elite
Octogi (I just made that up) manipulates marines and titans with puppeteer.

The logic behind this is that octogi /spider people are all actually puppets of mind controlling spiders. These sam e spiders can make puppets out of marines and narolites and anything humanoid, and therefore make great support units. Upon manipulating a victim, the mind spiders disappear so they can control the victim, so it only makes sense that manipulated units are as powerful as it costs to buy a marine and mind controlling slider.

The natrolites take advantage of the fact that underlings are controlled by concils and hive mind sets (like...ANTS!) And that octogi go by the same system. They can submit infantry to their command, and this new infantry is much better disciplined, and equipped with bettering tech.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 29, 2015 14:38

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Don't ask me what the natrolites would be like, I didn't come up with that race, but (this is a separate idea) if the race I suggest is to be used, it would go something like this

Acrobat: basic infantry, resembles a puppeteer, but its far bigger . Has the ability to heal at *2 its old rrpair rate for every turn it spends repairing (on turn 1, heals 2. On turn 2, heals 4. And so on) Cost 100. Captures bases. Ground light.

Puppeteer: a small green thing that looks a bit like a spider.. Bring up repair rate *3, can control marines and subordinate at the cost of its life. Cost 300. Can capture bases. Ground light. Special ability; scream. All in the range (1-2) of the scream are temporarily in control of the spider, no matter what unit they are, but only for 1 turn. Takes 15 turns to recharge ability.

Puppet marine: very high stats, can also ride any other unit you have, giving them the ability to move after attack and capture bases. Looks like a normal marine, twitches head in a way to resemble jumper. Ground Light

Puppet: an controlled subordinate, literally evolves to a prime within 3 turns (another race)

Magician: At first glance, appears to be a centipede, but you can see that it's the bodies of many jumpers all interconnected with muscle and bone, costing about 250. Unique in its ability to absorb about 25% of the health of any unit it kills (4 health marine gives 1 pt of health, for example). High attack against infantry. Ground heavy

Hypnotic: resembles a puppeteer, but is bigger, and has strange looking "hairs". That look like a box that has had two sides taken out of it, both of the sides parrrellel to each other, so that the box can be flatened or stood up. This unit can control any unit of any race, but if that unit is defeated, then the unit goes back to the player it was taken from at full health, and the hypnotic is killed. Costs 350. Ground light

Living cannon: a twist on the human cannon ( trying to follow a circus trend for the names), only costs 200. It has a range of 1-3 and does about 1 damage to plasma tanks. However, in masses, this cheap artillery can be dangerous. Resembles a puppeteer, but hasa rotating stomach. Best agianst air. This is an Aerial unit

Dancer: Best described as looking like a spider covered with a blanket and wrapped in a slight bit of sinew. Has stats of a the old tank, around 13 defense, maybe 12. Unique in the ability to store up to 30 points of health, even though it starts with 10. Costs 500

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Dec 29, 2015 14:51

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

.I struggle to fit all of that in one text box, so I must say the acrobats ability to heal must be used consecutively in order for it to work

The puppeteer is inspired the lifeline app's storyline. You know, the green aliens at the end

The hypnotic only has 5 health, so its insta-killed by everything. It has very low defense, probably 1 or 2.

As for an aquatic unit

The trickster: This strangely doesn't resemble a puppeteer at all. You see something that looks sort of like a fork with flesh, the same mind of flesh all the other octogi (name in progress) have, the kind of hot pink flesh that looks like an over filled sponge. As you look closely, you see that the skin of it looks like a bunch of interconnected grey flakes, and if you were to hit them hard enough, they all would break off at the same time. It has 10 layers of skin, and you can see a lump where the puppeteer is controlling its mind

All off this aside, its an aquatic unit like the leviathan, with 13 water attack, and a similar defense of 11. It has normal aquatic mobility, and a range of 1-3. Here's the catch- it has a heal rate of 12, even though it only has 10 health. So, no matter what you do, if you don't kill it, it will instantly heal to full health. Costs 100.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Dec 29, 2015 15:00

anonym551653

anonym551653

Old idea of mine:http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/1922.page
Forum Index » New Feature Request