[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Master's Tournament, suggestion.
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
DrMonte

[Avatar]
DrMonte

Master' Tournament

I would like to propose a new Tournament, for players that have achieved a high rank of 2300 and above.
The regular tournaments are now usually won by this players.
So I propose that regular tournaments have a cut off rank of 2299, (or whatever the UniWar board members decide).

So I propose a; "Gold Jacket" style tournament for our senior players.
That way, the regular tournaments are more equitable, and the lower ranks have a possibility of winning a tournament.
Now that we have "replays" we can view the higher ranks as they compete in their own Master's Tournament.

Thank you for reading, and for your consideration.

Paul

Success is just the beginning...
[Avatar]
volf

[Avatar]
volf

I like this idea! So there is a rolling six month window for championships right? How about we have a six month season as well. Should be easy to put in place! At the end of the six months, the top 8 on the championship leaderboard are tossed into a rd robin tourney group. Real life example would be the atp world tour finals where the top 8 on the tennis rankings do the exact same thing. Just a thought.
Volf
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

Volf, Dr Monte
Both of your ideas are excellent and will be put in place very shortly.
Thank you for suggesting them.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
unikz

unikz

I think a "Master" tourney should have minimum 2500 score to enter or it is not called Master. There is a huge distance between a 2300 to 2500 player. I can only see a player called Danila amoung 2300 score range,who actually reach the MASTER Level.

There are still a few good players are under 2500 just because they are too lazy to play random,if there is a minimum requirement of 2500,then those players will be more active. meanwhile this can push XAVI to remove those really unfair rated games.

Or you can do a Master Invitation, invite the Total 32 from the Championship Score or Random Score to play, that will make more players playing random in order to enter the Master Tourney.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Dec 15, 2015 10:54

Abie

Abie

I like the idea a ton. Some tournament match ups are blatantly unfair. I am a 1850 player in round 2 of Chanpionship December. In round one I faced a 2175 opponent and survived by the skin of my teeth. I only won because he took forever in both games. So I finally skipped. otherwise I don't think I would have won.

The second round, I got Brom. That gives me virtually no chance at all. I got crushed in the first game. The second he doesn't need to try that hard because he will advance no matter what because of tourney rules.

A masters tournament in my opinion should include players 2300+. Everything below that can't compete. Another tourney for players below would make sense. So average non-grandmaster players can stand a chance. 1900 vs a 2200 always stands a chance. Maybe not a great one, but still some kind of chance.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

I agree that the tournament ought to be for players above 2500. Huge difference in skill. Maybe different levels of tournaments?
Forum Index » General Discussion