[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
List of FAIR and UNFAIR rated maps - Please post!!
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

anyone wanna play my WWII maps?

Clickable Link:
http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2216.page

I want at least one of them (very satisfied if all 3 went in) to become tourney maps :) .

If you get to play them, feel free to make feedbacks for them.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 25, 2016 02:46

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Abie

Abie

LkASr wrote:ok question, how is CapturingTheStorm unfair? Tho I can tell on Scramble (no only forest edge and a pair of swamps in the center, and also good for symmetrical battles) and findx2 (+ to Khrals, - for Titans, only good for symmetrial battles) idk about GoonieWarz tho, and what Pond are you taking about? Any interacial handicapped maps are only fair for symmetrical battles (SvS, KvK, TvT). Also, consider HavocPit, it may be disadvsntaged against Titans.

For Scramble - please look at my saved replay in archived games.

For Pond, K clearly has a starting advantage. Underlings can cap a base on the first turn while both other races cannot.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

The map Tunguska Lake seems unfair for Titans in TvS.

While the marine can capture the central base at the second turn, the mech can capture the central base only on turn 4 if it go by walking, or can try to capture turn 3 teleporting closer. But the starting funds allow the Sapien to build a maraunder on the first turn, and on the second turn it can already start spamming marauders every turn and they can reach the mech and the base it is trying to capture before it can capture it...
atest

atest

you decreased the Finished games to 2 and archived games to 1, that makes it very hard to archive potentially unbalanced maps and replay them... a few days ago I lost a match to jish in kvs, we tried mirror and it was impossible to win with s, (we both have ratings around 2300-2350)... but I could not archive it and therefore have no clue what the name of the map was. if I had access to my conversations with him or my previously played games I could know much more easily.

I understand the need for Xavi to make a living on this game!, but this new change is counter productive if he wants us to help in this endeavor... maybe reduce the cost of archiving a game to 20, or let us see our last 20 games...

Alternative put all conversations between me and player X on player X's profile would make me able to go back and find all conversations about game balance.

I would also like to point out that all maps that are not mirrored like Amarica and Africa (team map) are unbalanced.
Selexcis

Selexcis

RebelStrut82183. If khraelian player starts first, he can use his underling area of control to block 2nd player from capturing one of the middle neutral bases on turn 1, he can safely take his own neutral base (well on his side of the map) later, and force many credits in disadvantage without any errors made. This map should not allow Khraelian as a race. Also might I ask if the creator ALWAYS starts first? In this case, players can use this as a newbie trap, and ALWAYS play khraelian and ALWAYS start with a ridiculous advantage.
atest

atest

Demer11 has a large starting advantage to first mover in TvS and SvT, one can build a speeder or marauder in the first turn, the other player has to do the same because if he builds a marine/mecha you can attack and block the path to both bases, if he builds a speeder/marauder you can move after attack to a healing pad while blocking his access to the healing pads.

Balance is impossible to win in any matchup except kvk, because the large amount of resources means that one artillery unit can be bought pr round, but there is only a narrow and curvy path between the two sides of the map making it impossible to attack the other player, I agreed to a draw having killed 11.000 and lost 5000 because it was impossible for any of us to win.
Abie

Abie

These maps are added:

Gruntv2 (see my replay)
Demer11
RebelStrut82183
Tunguska Lake

The map Gruntv2 I have played several times and I never ever found it to be unfair. I finally saw it unfair. In KvS, K can capture the two middle bases on the first turn. as S, I was able to kill one of the Underlings, but even so, how could I capture the base? It wasn't possible!!!
Kroeger

Kroeger

I also like 1&2 while disliking/fearing 3
Abie

Abie

Kroeger wrote:I also like 1&2 while disliking/fearing 3

What do you mean?
Abie

Abie

DiamondsForever added as unfair.
Selexcis

Selexcis

There are also assymetrical 2v2 maps that are appearing in random 2v2. There are at least 2 i have encoutered but i deleted the replays
Forum Index » General Discussion