[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Removing the random factor in the damage
Forum Index » New Feature Request
simpleplayer

simpleplayer

Hi, only few in the forum had mention this, but I think this is very important for the development of this game. Since its possible to reset your turn as many the as you like, there is no problem with random factor in the damage as of now. It actually adds another layer of skill to perfect all the damage combos. However with the upcoming undo buttons, I think this game should remove the random factor as well.

advantage of removing are the following:
- Now players can make moves with certainty, and few moves ahead even without turn resets (adds another layer of skill, being able to play few moves ahead just like chess)
- Makes games more fair, and reduces "winning by luck".

Some new players will suggest that it will reduce the fun and the challenges in the game... I think there are enough challenges in high level games, and it is not fun when you lose due to opponent's luck!
Please post your suggestions/ideas.

Do people agree with me on this?
amidama

amidama

who cares about the truth? :p its just will take too much time to implement, because whole battle system and balance will have to be done again from scratch. and admin is busy with a shop.

why from scratch? because currently units have 10hp. but probability removal scenario will need about 100-1000 hp per unit to remain current balance. (because of precision)

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 08, 2016 01:40

Hakumen
guinwza

guinwza

It's frustating when my units given same conditions as opponent's same unit dealing different damage because of luck.
I argree, random factor is make this game somewhat luck dependent which ideally shouldn't happen in tactical game.
I understand that shop is important because it'll provide money to develop the game.
but I just don't want this topic to disappear because the damage calculation, like the map , is one of the most important thing to balance the game.
With more constant damage calculation player will be able to calculate how many this unit need to kill that unit and will make game more attractive.

Lately, I try playing other ios-hex-tbs game which unit does non-ramdomized damage and still enjoy the game because the fun,challenge of TBS game come from tactical manuever not randomized things.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

It's realistic though. You can't alway expect a certain amount of damage in the battlefield. And, may I add, its not depend on luck, you can still expect around 2-4 damge to a tank if you hit with a plasma. There's just enough luck to make it fun
Forum Index » New Feature Request