[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The convergence; new race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Seems like all the cool kids make their own races for fun. i had too, but its gone now

So... repost Don't roll your eye at me , young man!

As for posts I have

A). Highlighted unit info (the important stuff) in olive
B) unit description in green(what the unit looks like)
C) convergence history and themes in white
D)conversations and the Q and a are in normal color

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 16, 2016 03:56

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

So... first up, a playing style. The playing style here is HEAL TO DEATH. Every (and I mean every) single unit has 2 repair rate at least, because 1 is for wimps.
Next up, my inspiration! Have you ever played lifeline? These are based off the green aliens.
"But A%, why do i want a race of little green aliens? why did i even go this section of the forum? why couldn't i have spared my eyes the torture of reading fanfiction after fanfiction.." Stop. Don't be so pessimistic. After all of the things fanfiction has has explained about uniwar, it still doesn't explain one thing: Why is this game called uniwar? why not 3 race war? Most likely because its catchy. This gives it a logical reason: The green aliens want to control all life in the universe and effectively control the ecosystem, uniting all. It doesn't say that in lifeline, but that app is just inspiration for the real deal.

They are all effected by uv, emp, plague, and radiant firre

AS i get through writing unit props, ill come back to edit this

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 16:52

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I like little green aliens
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Thanks.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Yes, I'm telling you about the support unit first. You'll see why in a minute.

Name: Strategist (name in progress).
Mobility: 9
Moves per turn 1
surface 9
underground: 0
after attack: 0

Vision (FoW): 4
Repair points: 2
Defense strength: 1
Attack range: 0

Attack strength
VS ground light: 0
VS ground heavy: 0
VS aerial : 0
VS aquatic: 0

Attack after move: Yes
Teleport NO
Special force: Scream
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A
Scream radius: 2

Mobility cost is standard ground light, of course.

Cost: 350
Type: Ground light
Unit info: it multiples repair rate by 3 of nearby units (6's all around). It also has a scream ability, and this ability gives you the opportunity to control all enemy sapiens and/or race X units for one turn, and one turn only. It has a cool down of 20 turns. Additionally, it has the ability to climb on top of your own units, as explained below. It can convert marines and race x units into pawn conversions, however, once it does this, the strategist itself will disappear. Why, you ask? Well, the puppeteer has just gone inside the marine to control it.

Scream works like this; any unit in the scream can be controlled by you for that turn. It only works against convertible races. It has a cool down of 20 turns. It has a range of 1. It cannot be used after moving, or while Jumping. So far, I'm not sure if this is too OP or not

[

This message was edited 18 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 19:19

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

[img]http://nubuntu.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/flipbook-9.gif[/img (ignore this)

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 24, 2016 17:11

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Jumping is a move, and it works like this. When your moving, you have to move on top of your own unit. Then, you have officially jumped. Once your on top of a unit, you receive a new defense that works like this: (nd : new defense and od: old defense of the unit its on.). Nd= od-4. So, if I jumped on an actor, I'd get 4 defense. Your still a ground light unit though, so be careful about it. Also, if an enemy unit is next to you, and your on top of another unit, he/she can still hit you if you're in range.

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Feb 16, 2016 04:04

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: Pawn
Mobility: 8
Moves per turn 1
surface 8

Defense strength: 8
Attack range: 1

Attack strength
VS ground light: 5
VS ground heavy: 2
VS aerial : 2
VS aquatic: 2

Teleport NO
Special force: N/A
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A
Scream radius: N/A

Cost:100
Type: ground light.
Standard ground light mobility costs.
Unit info: The only infantry that has a 2 repair rate, and very high defense for its type (Of course, its still going to get crushed by maruader) .

This unit can be converted in more ways than a transformer. It can be assimilated, reprogrammed, infected, and converted by phasers.

This message was edited 19 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 18:12

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name : Bishop
Mobility: 12
Moves per turn 1
surface 12

Vision (FoW): 6
Defense strength: 7
Attack range: 1

Attack strength
VS ground light: 11
VS ground heavy: 6
VS aerial : 5
VS aquatic: 5

Teleport NO
Special force: Onslaught
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Cost: 300
Type: Ground heavy
Standard ground heavy mobility costs.
Unit info:
This unit DOES have a special ability, I call it onslaught. Upon killing something, it gets another move and attack, and takes health from previously mentioned unit, about /4 of the health if the unit is ground light and /2 of the health if its anything else. Of course, this is dependent on the amount of health the unit had previously. For example, if a maruader had 4 health and I kill it, I get 2 health(half of its health). But if it has 7 health, than I get 3 health instead (If the unit being attacked is g.l, round up if the number isn't whole. If the unit is g.h, than round down if the number isn't whole).

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 16:51

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

On the announcer unit, I don't think you will be able to make use of the awesome quadratic healing ability on a unit w a defense of 6 :/

I would rather see an upped cost and an upped defense. Maybe even 10 for defense. I would suggest making this a support unit, though, with no attack. Since it wouldn't be able to participate in gang up, you could leave the cost at 100 - or go even cheaper at 50-75, depending on the defense value you settle on... So let's say no attack, 75 cost, and you've got a moving ZoC with a solid healing ability.

Also, I think maybe the healing should start at 2 and increase by just 2/turn. If it gets whacked and then can only heal 1 the next turn, hard to imagine this guy living long enough to get to the big heal numbers.

More thoughts to come
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Hmmm I was thinking the same thing, but I want to keep the cost at 100. I think I'll raise defense and lower attack like you said.

Also, I'm thinking I'll give them names after chess pieces. Not sure what to name them all yet, but I've already got a name for a few .

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12, 2016 01:21

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: King
Mobility: 7
Moves per turn 1
surface 7

Attack range: 1-3

Attack strength
VS ground light: 5
VS ground heavy: 7
VS aquatic: 6

Teleport NO
Special force: N/A
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Cost: 250
Type: aerial
Standard aerial mobility costs.
I'd like this to do about 1 damage to a plasma. It should ALWAYS do 1, maybe 2. You see, every unit you see is made for 3 purposes; a). To destroy another unit B). To eventually help create more units and/or give you more credits per turn or C). To heal other units. This is a matter of opinion, but I would consider some units as being made specifically as Shields (plasmas, tanks and pinzers) although some would say they have the purpose of killing other "Shields". And every unit falls into one of these categories. Maruader kill infantry, tanks are Shields, marines capture bases so you can get more credits and units. But, in uniwar, some use units for a 5th purpose that they weren't made for; to weaken/soften other units. A primary example is speeders, who were made to kill off infantry, but are often used to weaken tanks. I could say the same about helicopters and underling too. The living cannon is the first of its kind; its made very specifically to weaken units. Doing about 1 or 2 damage to tankish units, they are very beneficial to this race. Think about it for a minute. If all of these units have great repair rates, it stands to reason that players will try to kill off units before they can heal. So you weaken them, to stop them from killing your unit too fast for it to repair. So how is it Fair? Like speeders, it can be used for more than one purpose; multiple living cannon can be used from a distance at once to kill rather than weaken. Yes, it would cost as much as a walker to get even 3, who only have the range of a wyrm, but you have to remember, they get a gang up combo. So they'd end up doing 4-6 damage - far better than a walker.

This message was edited 6 times. Last update was at Feb 16, 2016 04:03

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: hypnotic

Mobility: 5
Moves per turn 1
surface: 5

Vision (FoW): 5

Attack strength
VS ground light: 0
VS ground heavy: 0
VS aerial : 0
VS aquatic: 0

Teleport NO
Special force: Enslave
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Cost: 300
Type: Ground light
Standard ground light mobility costs
I'm really not too sure about this one. I might come up with something else. I don't want to make it cost to little and its OP, or it costs too much and its never used. My thing is, if its going to cost more than actually buying the unit, no one will use it, but if i make it too cheap, its going to be the only unit anyone uses. It's ability is the power to take over ANY unit. Not just saps, race x, no, every in game unit. Heck, its even stackable. This is not the right time or place for a pop culture pun, so don't even think about it. Anyways. Like the previously mentioned puppeteer, it has an ability to jump on top of units. But it can jump on to enemy units too. Upon jumping on an enemy unit, it takes all of its stats (including mobility and healing), and the enemy becomes what I call a pawn - it moves in the same space as the hypnotic, but it cannot attack or be attacked or make its own decisions. In order to free pawns, you can either a). Kill the hypnotic on top or b)"free" the pawn into your own territory, as the hypnotic.

This ability does change the unit type of the hypnotic, unless it frees the pawn, in which it regains its old stats. So I'd be careful with those engineers. Finally, yes you can use unit abilities if you turn them into pawns. You can assimilate sone underlings into your slave army! Go ahead, sneak out an evil laugh, ignore that fat lady in aisle 6 giving you an evil eye.
This unit has been discontinued

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 14:33

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As you move your hand down its back you notice that the lines get closer and closer to each other, and vibrate with sound. Don't reach down any further! That's private, yea creep. Yeesh.

Much like computers, the members of this race can interconnect, becoming smarter and stronger with each new brain and body. Hypnotics can "communicate" with any creature, as imposed to the puppeteer, which prefers to wear bodies like puppets.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: Rook

Mobility: 9
Moves per turn 1
surface 9

Vision (FoW): 5
Defense strength: 10

Attack strength
VS ground light: 9
VS ground heavy: 9
VS aquatic: 10

Teleport NO
Special force: Overheal
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Cost: 500
Type: Ground heavy
Standard ground heavy mobility costs
It has the ability to overheal, as I call it. It starts with 10 points and can eventually heal to 20 points. Also, vitality doesn't affect its attack or defense, so don't worry too much about being able to instakill tanks at 20. No matter what, the attack and defense wipl always remain the same. It's designed to be easy to crush, and yet, heard to kill. Naturally, it actually costs 800, because its almost unusable without a strategist.

This message was edited 8 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 17:24

Forum Index » New Feature Request