[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The convergence; new race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: Queen

Mobility: 12
Moves per turn 1
surface 10
underground: 0
after attack: 0

Vision (FoW): 7
Repair points: 2
Defense strength: 14
Attack range: 1-3

Attack strength
VS ground light: 8
VS ground heavy: 8
VS aerial : 3
VS aquatic: 11

Attack after move: Yes
Teleport NO
Special force: N/A
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A
Scream radius: N/A

Cost: 900
Type: aquatic
Unit info: It's got great defense, and weak attack to compensate. You see, every ship is an embodiment of its race. Battleships are the fastest and most maneuverable units, and make great Shields for helicopters. Hydronaut outrange everything else. Leviathan outnumber you, and throwing swarmers and garuda into the mix can't hurt. This unit, it heals really fast, like everyone else here. Not to mention, it triples the repair rate of the units around it. Too good to be true? It's got a really low attack to compensate. Luckily, you have living cannon to help you out with the killing.

This message was edited 13 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 11:48

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'm a bit concerned about the hypnotic, it might be too OP. I'm considering replacing it with another unit. I'm thinking about giving all the units chess piece names (example, rook, queen, etc.). I'm also not sure if giving the Acrobat the ability to heal and repair is fair. I'm also wondering if I should account for the new 2 units every race is going to get. If I can make a good enough aquatic unit to fight alongside the acrobat , the *3 repair rate will become unnecessary.

I'm going to write down the properties of the puppet that used to be a marine. Also, i wanted to mention this earlier, the actor can be infected or assimilated. Turns out, khrals are resist to puppeteers, but it doesn't work the other way around . I'll right unit properties for them too.

Edits made; so far, I changed announcer stats. I also changed the name to actor. I'm hoping giving it a 4 vs ground light and a 4 vs ground heavy should balance things a bit. The defense means it will have 10 defense on forests.

All units have gotten at leat one nerf. Most significant, the aquatic has 6 repair instead of 12.

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 14, 2016 04:28

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

As for the converted units, I try to aim for 2 things
1) I want to make a unit that is a combination of both the units original race and its new race
2). I want the new unit to be useful to the new race.

With that being said, here's the first unit

Rooked pawn
I'll come back to this

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 19:26

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: Knighted pawn
Titans unit. This is an assimilated pawn.

Mobility: 6
Moves per turn 1
surface 6

Vision (FoW): 4
Repair points: 1
Defense strength: 9
Attack range: 1

Attack strength
VS ground light: 10
VS ground heavy: 3
VS aerial : 0
VS aquatic: 2

Teleport NO
Special force: Jump
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Unit info: he's a lot stronger now. At the cost of speed, of course...

Why you want one: well, simply put, the Titans biggest problem in t v c is strategist constantly healing suckers. So to counter that, their will most likely be a massive speeder spam. To counter the speeder spamming, the convergence will use bishops, pawns (meat shield) and kings. To counter the kings, you'll need eclipse...
Or...
You could kill the bug at its source
With the jump ability.
You see, you can pull a hypnotic and use the jump ability on enemy units and move close to stragetist... And kill them. Jumping counts as moving, and you can move and attack in the same turn. However, this unit is slow on its own, so be careful with it.

This is good for cutting down the number of stragetists in the area. Of course, you'll have to get your assimilator past a bishop to assimilate a pawn in the first place, but once you do, you are in for a reward.

And let's be honest, this thing sounds freaking awesome. You can jump robotic bugs over gaint spiders. Not to mention, they kill off those pesky strategist using their own stragety against them. That could be a James Bond line, what I just said there!

They cannot, however, jump over aerial or attack aerial units. Look in the bright side though, that means you'll get to counter a robot spy bot with an army of flying spiders. That sounds awesome enough to be in an action movie.

This message was edited 11 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 18:33

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: bishoped pawn

Khralean unit

Mobility: 9
Moves per turn 1
surface 9

Repair points: 1
Defense strength: 8
Attack range: 1

Attack strength
VS ground light: 4
VS ground heavy: 4
VS aerial : 2
VS aquatic: 2

Teleport NO
Special force:
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Cost: N/A
Type: aerial
Standard aerial mobility costs
Unit info: I wanted something that could kill knights, but still be a pawn. So I came up with a fairly awesome ability for it.

Upon being infected,

This message was edited 9 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 19:25

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

The puppeteer pyramid is ridiculously over powered. With just the extra move and attack on a kill (that can be proc'd easily with any amount of planning at all), it is already better than a Garuda. Adding in the very solid base stats AND heal on a kill is just too much.

To keep the current package of abilities you're gonna have to reduce mobility at least to 12, imo probably 9/10.

GL has gotta take a hit as well, maybe down to the 8/9 range.

The other stats might be okay. I also think with the current package a cost of 400 might have to be considered..

The Strong man, you mention can heal up to 25 health? This absolutely won't work at all, as the attack formula is based upon health, and a health in the 12 range. A unit that had more than 15 health and any kind of decent stats at all would be near game breaking., let alone a health of 25. What I would propose instead is: make it so he gains experience 10x-100x faster. That can get him up to double veteran status with a decent kill or two. Obv his cost and other talents may need adjusted.

Edit: maybe strong man could just start at double veteran status. That would make him very strong and durable.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12, 2016 14:26

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

For the puppeteer, I like what you've got there. It's a good package of abilities with some notable draw backs.

You're gonna have to decide on a range for scream. I think the same as plague... But even that is gonna probably be game breaking. You're gonna get to do about 3-4 damage to every unit within range, and this is going to compromise any support units that they have, too. A 20 turn cool down doesn't matter for an ability that is an instant win, or overly dictates your opponents positioning / unit selection. On top of this, the puppeteer owns a mobility of 9, meaning you can deliver this ability, turn the tide of a battle, heal your units, and then steal a unit. Rinse wash repeat.

So, that is a problem. A reduction of mobility and a one space effect for scream might make sense. Maybe we could reduce the unit cost to 200, too...

Now, the other issue I have: targeting when puppeteer is on top of a friendly unit. That seems like a pain to code and implement. I think it might make more sense to give the puppeteer the ability to merge with any unit in your own army, maybe providing something like: increased repair rate, increased defense, increased mobility. If puppeteer cost was 200, this could be an interesting way to boost your army.

All in all I think this unit needs some work, but I like the premise a lot.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Agreed with you on the hypnotic. That's a problem lol.

With that name, you could give it an ability like a stun: enemy unit can not move or attack next turn. You'd have to decide on a specific range.

Maybe a 1-2 turn cool down, depending on what other abilities and stats the hypnotic has.

This lets it lock down enemy units, but isn't OP.

The only cost you could have on a unit that can convert any other unit in the game is at a minimum 450 imho. And to get to that price point the rest of the stats would have to be just awful. Just terribly awful.

Swinging the other way, I think your glass cannon is very well balanced and priced. It may need tweaked after play testing... But I like it. and for 450-550, with the above change to puppeteer, these could be a very scary battle field piece (mobility up to 9 with an aerial range of 3 .. That would be scary good )
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Acrobat: well, the defense strength would be okay, but in the presence of your other abilities you've assigned, I think it is again too much.

As is this beast would trade evenly with the hydronaut and leviathan. Then it would instantly and fully heal. I think it would make sense to give it a base repair rate of say, 3-4. Get rid of the healing bonus to nearby units...

Or, you could further reduce its range to 1-2. Or you could further reduce its attacks across the board. Or you could introduce a different ability to it. Or you could reduce its stats across the board and make it a 400 cost unit, maybe. Options, but as is I don't think it works for me :p
-------
So that's all I've got for right now. I like the premise of the race a lot, but I don't think it is in its current state balanced within UW.

Looking at most of your base stats and costs, they're VERY comparable to current units.

Which is good of course. But then you have VERY strong abilities added in, with no clear drawbacks in many instances.

So, in summary I like where you're going with this, but I think it needs a good deal of tweaking still

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12, 2016 14:54

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Strongman: vitality doesn't effect attack or defense. What I meant was that no matter what health it has, it will always have the same attack and defense. Also, I reduced the amount to 20. With the anti- health skill, I think being able to give a full attack at a health of one is Good enough.

I think you've got a pretty good point with the Acrobat, so I'm going to reduce healing rate from 12 to 6. I don't want it to become really unbalanced, so I'll also lower aerial to give saps and khral a chance. And if you can't outrange that as a titan, shame on you.

I'm thinking that I'll give the puppeteer the defense of whatever its on -3 points. Let's remember, its still a ground light unit, 90% of everything else will kill it. I like the fusion idea, and it fits pretty well with the puppeteer, so I might change it to that too.

As for the hypnotic..

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 12, 2016 22:12

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

How did I not notice that health won't affect attack and defend ? Lol. Well, I think your unit still needs either: heavy stat reduction and or cost increase.

Defense of 11 is big. Being able to full strength attack at 1 health is immensely useful. Being able to heal up to 20 or whatever number is huge too.

Your base stats OR cost MUST reflect that.

Like, defense 5, GH 6 type nerf needed.

If you wanna keep every thing the same maybe 800-1000 for cost.

You can't include puppeteer in the cost, because those units are incredibly versatile and are gonna be on the board anyway :p
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

(This used to be a conversation )
Pawned pawn
Convergence unit. Can be created by converging a pawn and stragetist ( cna be pawns from yourself and enemies )

Mobility: 8
Moves per turn 1
surface 8

Defense strength: 0
Attack range: 0

Attack strength
VS ground light: 0
VS ground heavy: 0
VS aquatic: 0

Attack after move: NO
Teleport NO
Special force: Steal
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Unit type:g.l
This pawn now has all of the stats of the old hypnotic. Just in case you don't remember, this means it can jump on enemy units and possess them no matter who they are. Also, the hypnotic adapts the defense and unit type of whatever unit its on. But, unfortunately, any attack a possessed unit takes goes to the hypnotic.

Use the hypnotic to convert anyone and everyone

(Note): converting enemy hypnotics gives them a defense of 6 instead of 0

This message was edited 5 times. Last update was at Feb 22, 2016 04:06

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name: knight

Mobility: 8
Moves per turn 1
surface 8

Defense strength: 6
Attack range: 1, 3, and 5

Attack strength
VS ground light: 0
VS ground heavy: 0
VS aquatic: 0

Attack after move: NO
Teleport NO
Special force: Stun
EMP radius N/A
UV radius N/A

Cost: 500
Type; Ground light
Unit info: honestly Duaneski, I figured a weakening artillery would be better than a stunning one, but if I scrap the old hypnotic, this is a suitable replacement for it, and I don't have to replace my weakening artillery either. I always wanted to play a race with two artilleries, anyways.
The stun ability stuns any unit in one turn, but it can't be used in conjunction with moving. This isn't a fast unit, but its faster than a mecha. It would be a great aid to this race because.. This is a race made of wimps, right? So, in order to win, they have to play defense. If they attack too fast, and get a bad counterattack, then they will not have a chance to heal untill its their turn again (and they'll probably get killed). This unit solves the problem. They don't have to worry about a stunned units counterattack. Also, now they aren't so worried about Titans out turtling them, thanks to its range of 5,3, and 1 (not 2 or 4).

Stun also has a grounding effect on aerial, forcing them on to the ground. This changes aerial with a defense <10 to g.l and aerial with a defense of 10 or greater to g.h for the duration of the stun (1 turn)

I made the other hypnotic based off of lifeline, but I think this fits in pretty well.

This message was edited 7 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 14:32

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Oh hey Duaneski. OK so I'll change it back to 10. I think 10 is enough. Helicopters get really hurt at 10.

Also, I lowered the pyramids mobility. I think it's balanced now. It has high attack, sure, but its only got 6 defense, so it will be easily crushed.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 12, 2016 22:51

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I'm also worried about vs khral match's. They have nothing they can use to destroy garuda, except maybe spamming living cannon.
Forum Index » New Feature Request