[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
The convergence; new race
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

I -really- love the hypnotic mk2... I know it isn't what you had in mind to start... But that is an awesome twist.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

On a side note, I edited the actors stats. It now has a defense of 8 and vs GL of 5. I think this entire race should be weak vs infantry like khral. That's fun. But 4 is too little.

I also gave the stunners grounding ability, that temporarily turns air into g.h/g.l (g.l for swarmers, g.h for helicopters and garuda). I'm hoping this doesn't turn out too OP.

Also I think your right with the aquatic being OP. Maybe I'll give it just *3 or simply +6, idk. For now I'm sticking with +6, because *3 seems too phoniex like (I wish I stole that idea )

I'm gonna work on making a new narrative, and new chess names. It's gonna be hard, there's only 6 pieces and 7 units! Luckily, I can name all of the conversions "pawns"

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Jan 15, 2016 20:27

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I edited the race name. Hopefully it's not too corny :/

I edited the unit names. more on that below

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16, 2016 18:58

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

https://privateerpress.com/warmachine/gallery/convergence-of-cyriss

I like the name convergence

I also liked Protectorate and Retribution.... Maybe I should use one of those for my races names
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Name change! I updated the units names. I kept the conversations in the way the were, so that you could tell they were from earlier in the development of the race. So, here's a change log for those of you that were not here.

Strategist: This one takes a bit of explanation. In the eyes of the convergence, they are all parts of a massive body and every strategist is a neuron of the body. The strategists can communicate via brain waves, and because of this, the convergence literally acts out its philosophy, and every one shares the same thoughts and thinks the same things.

Why would they want to all want to share the same thoughts and think the same things? Well, simply put, a person is greater than the sum of all his parts. Think about that for a minute.

As strategists began to think the same, they thought of themselves as the same person. The strategists are the brain, the rooks are the skull, the pawns are the skin, the bishops are the muscles, the kings are the eyes, the queen is the heart, and the knight is the lungs. That's corresponding to human parts, of course- the original corresponds to strategists.

They refer to themselves as the body, also because they want to unite everything into their body. They want to make the whole universe one giant body, and they really don't understand whats wrong with that.

The military did not want the public to know that they had no ill intentions, so simplified the names into chess pieces. However, the name strategist still corresponds to brain.

"But apercent", you shout over my preachin's,"Why are strategists the brain?" Well, the strategists didn't evolve into a giant brain. They evolved into creatures with complete control over every cell they had. Many a scientist became interested in biology and college liberal arts, and they put two and two together, for a very noble purpose. They taught others how to connect to each other, spawning a craze resembling the rise of social media. You know, I'm just simplifying it. Saying that scientists made connections is like saying Hera is Zeus's wife; Its true, but its so much more complex than that.
Anyways, the scientists also used cellular abilities to give them the ability to regenerate any cell. They also used this ability to build new bodies a.k.a the rook, bishop, knight, etc. So, in reality, every single unit is truly a body a strategist who built themselves a new body.

They were formally named puppeteer.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2016 15:09

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Pawn: In chess, there is no healing. Without healing, this is just another infantry unit: JUST LIKE A PAWN. Its also the cheapest unit, like a pawn is the most abundant.

formally named announcer
before that it was an actor

Bishop: In chess, this unit can move the furthest ( from corner to corner), if we don't count the queen since she has the capability to move farther in certain scenarios and can match the speed of the bishop even from corner to corner. Similarly, the bishop is the fastest here, if we don't count the queen, and you get my point. Also, the bishop is a living example of the Convergance's philosophy (merged bodies), and a real bishop is supposed to be an example of the churches principles.

Formally the puppeteer pyramid ( stop laughing)

King: In chess, it is short ranged. This is short ranged artillery. In chess, this has high mobility in comparison to other units, because it can move in any direction. This has high mobility for artillery. In chess, you shield the king. You should shield this too.

formally living cannon
i think it was a human cannon before that.

Rook: The rook is a tower, i think, and that's how you should use this too.

Formally strongman
before that it was a dancer, and it looked like a crab. ( now it looks like a chair and a puppeteer)

Queen: The most powerful unit is chess. I feel kind of lame giving that title to this, its not anywhere near as awesome, but hey it costs 800, no other unit in game is more expensive than the queen. You know what they say, money is power

Formally named acrobat

Knight: It has an odd attacking system, like a knight.

Formally named hypnotic.

I have decided not to use the original hypnotic, its too OP.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 18, 2016 15:09

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

And now its time for Questions and Answers with Apercent

*roaring crowd*
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

"hey you should fix that static noise coming out the microphone"
Oh thanks, I didn't even know it was there
and now back to my adoring crowd !

oh that was static

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 01:49

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

lol, I feel that pain of being so alone, I was a loner to begin with, tho I do have some admirers, but I wanna go to another country and I can't be with them forever T_T..

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 00:36

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Oh that's gotta suck. I've never traveled out of the good ol' United States, heck I've never ever seen the east coast. Everything here is only a car away. I don't want to imagine what its like to have something so important so far.

ah ill write the Q and A tomorrow

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 03:00

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Questions and answers with Apercent

Question: what do I do versus garuda?
Answer: you use knights to ground them. And kings to weaken them. I'd use a combination of kings and pawns to kill off garuda.

Question: what about swarmer spamming?
Answer: well, you can always use a rook to kill off a swarmer if there is too many, but I'd rely on bishop and kings

Question: what about pinzer and wyrm combos?
Answer: first, a bishop is good to kill a wyrm, and maybe for a gang up combo. I'd use a combination of rook, kings, and knights. Don't forget a strategist to heal them.

Question: what about leviathan?
Answer: well than, I officially gave the queen a tripling repair rate ability, so if I was you I'd just build up and try to keep queens together. If you keep them together everything should be fine. A king would help with combos

Question: as a khral player, what can expect out of this race?:
Answer: most likely you'll see a lot of kings and pawns. First of all, kill off the pawns. It should be easy with garuda and or swarmers. Next of all, the kings. The best way to kill them is to just use a wyrm if there's only one. Then use infectors to heal it from the safety of your wall.
Sometimes they will use knights and bishops and some rooms. The best course of action is to make sure you use a lot of garuda and pinzers, make sure you kill off the bishops. Than use the garuda to destroy the rook. Lastly, use pinzer to kill knights and bishops.
The easiest thing to do is to use a swarmer pinzer combo. Use swarmers to take out everything and the pinzer to finish off anything that remains.
In aquatic battles, make sure to destroy the enemy befroe they have time to build up. Garuda are great for these kind of battle. And make sure to avoid getting hit too often.
The best thing to remember is that they don't have any good resistance to flying units. Take advantage of this.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 04:53

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Sapiens

Question: what if they spam marines?
Answer: spam bishops, and a strategist or two wouldn't hurt.

Question: how do I kill the helicopters and marauder?
Answer: I'd use a bunch of living cannon and knights if necessary. Remember how useful knights can be. Pawns and rooks make good Shields, but they will both destroyed on their own. Knights work pretty well vs maruader, I'd use a bishop to finish it off.

Question: What do I do against battleships?
Build up, like before. Wait until you have enough units to counter them.

Question: as saps, what do I do vs the convergence
Use a lot of helicopter and maruader. Both can aid you a lot vs convergence troops. Use engineers to help heal the helicopter.
In aquatic, rush them like a khral. Make sure to use the occasional battery.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 05:11

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Titans

Question: what do I do if they start to spam speeders?
Answer: you aren't using enough knights if they can spam speeders. Rooks should be used in conjunction with strategists.

Question: what do I do vs plasmas
Answer: knights.

Question: what about vs walkers
Answer: more knights?

Question: what if there's a whole lot of walkers?
Answer: well, son, your done for. Go outside and play for a while.

Question: what about hydronaut?
Answer: you get it range and hit them at close combat. Make sure to use some bishop, they are the most dangerous to your army.

Question: what do I do versus the convergence as a Titans player?
Answer: use plasma tanks to kill rooks fast. Use speeders a lot to kill just about everything else. Also, make sure to use a lot of eclipse. They hate eclipse.
Hydronauts are awesome because you can kill the queens without taking counter damage. Use this to your advantage.

In conclusion. The best way to get rid of this races members is to kill them before they heal, not after.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Question: what's your favorite and least favorite unit?
Answer: my favorite? The knight :p . My least favorite is the strategist, because I've got less name ideas than bob's mom. I like all of the units though.

Question: lifeline app? What is that
Answer: to avoid sounding like a spam not (pun)...
It's the story telling experience of a lifetime! Or should I say (drum roll).................................................... The experience of a lifeline (Bad dum tish)! It's a bold new choose your adventure game, told through the perspective of an astronaut named Tailor, who gets stranded on a empty planet after his ship crashes! And you get all of this for less than a cup of coffee! What are you waiting for? Get it now!.

Spoiler alert.
What are reading this for? Just scroll past the bolded words.

Taylor finds out that green aliens who lived there bad asimialted his captain and was using her to build a space becon to destroy more ships. They were amassing human bodies by crashing ships, and using the bodies to build more ships.

It's safe now. Anyways, the convergence are based off of the lifeline aliens. They are not the same.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 05:25

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Question: Do you have any idea what race x is?
Answer: No. It will probably just be some other player's race.

Question: the rook used to be called the dancer?!?! I don't remember that !
Answer: Is that supposed to be a question? Do you remember that? How am I supposed to know?

But if you really want to know, it was called a dancer on the old thread.

Question: do you have a unit in mind for the 2 new units the developers are making?
Answer: I think it wouldn't be a good idea to think about new units yet, because I will most likely need to use my 2 new units as counters to the other new units. So I'll just wait.
I do want a healing station that you can make in the water, though.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 05:31

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

let's see, Convergence vs Pyreans vs Phasing?

2 rival aliens and fire

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 06:19

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
Forum Index » New Feature Request