[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race Idea: Pyreans, Masters of Land and Air
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

well, time for my review

I counted 8 units so far, and theres not an aquatic. i think you will have to lose 1 or 2, or maybe go the way of the phasers and not have an aquatic.

First of off, i think the shifters are better for the spot of 250 than the pyre snakes are. I like the shifters a lot more than i like the snakes
I think the slinger is still OP. Its not really all that weak, but ill say that would work: with a 4-6 range, maybe. 1-6 is a bit ridiculous

The magma golem, it gets a better gangup bonus if i'm correct? well, it sounds underpowered to me, 12 defense is too little to fight plasma tanks

I think the phoniex riders are great, but I would reduce the range of their healing to 3-4 to encourage group fighting and keep it from being OP. the stats look good to me.

I like the suicide units a lot.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 16, 2016 23:06

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

and which 1-2 of the units are needed to be taken out?

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

i was going to edit the message, but i had forgotten one of the names of the units, so i posted and came back and edited.

I think the wisp is interesting, and good as it is.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16, 2016 23:08

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I don't find slingers that OP, sure they move and attack, but they do little to tanks, which is the main concern about Slingers. in compensation to lack of aquatics, they're an anti-aquatic unit. they can't really do well against infantry, who can take cover from the environment and deal equal damage while in said covers.

The difference about a Shifter and a Pyre Snake is attacking. If you send 5 Shifters against some units, they'd be sitting ducks after attacking, their low defense don't help either. Pyre Snakes don't have that problem and they can pick off Shifters quite well.

As said, Magma Golems don't receive additional damage from enemy gangup and deal more gangups than any other units, which makes them shine in team fights. I guess I could nerf Phoenix Rider's ability to 4.

This message was edited 3 times. Last update was at Jan 16, 2016 23:25

All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

When i make artillery, i dont just make it to kill tanks, i also make it to kill other things. Versus a lot of things it has very strong attack, and it has a range of 1-6. Think about it for a moment. It has roughly the attack of a helicopter vs heavy, and it can move and attack, and its got a really high range. It can be used to destroy walkers, and wyrm, and batteries, which have no clear advantage over this thing. not to mention, it can also kill AT CLOSE RANGE and it costs less than a battery.

i feel like range is really the problem here. in uniwar, most units take massive sacrifices for range. the swarmer is a wimp. eclispe cost 400, as much as a tank, and has worst stats than a tank. the walker cannot move and attack. the battery can only move after attack. the wyrm is a wimp. all artilleries cost at least 550, and a 100 more per space of range. battleships cost 800. My point here is that the sacrifice isnt enough to justify the range.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 16, 2016 23:59

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

i feel like the shifter is the more unique unit then the snake, but i think its up to you. I like them both.

As for the magma golem, i guess it depends on how much of a bonus it gets.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

http://imgur.com/Id7tSOV[img]

For the Magma Golem, let's say it has +1 more gangup bonus, as for a gangup from the back, it might deal 4-5 gangup. As for the slinger, I could nerf it more, but my 1-6 range still stands (I nerfed it now). btw, it has the exact cost of a battery

This message was edited 4 times. Last update was at Feb 17, 2016 06:49

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

For the magma golem, how about a +3 on top of the original gangup? i know it sounds OP, but it might work.

As for the slinger, i still think its unbalanced. honestly, the only thing i can say is that its going to need to be REALLY expensive to work. Even with low stats, i could still crush any other artillery and effectively end any chance the other side has of winning.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 00:23

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

my final nerf is 5 for ground heavy and aerial. You do need to keep in point that it's gonna be very weak on small maps, which infantry can just capitalize such short space to kill a Slinger easy without sacrificing a lot of money. Yet, think about mobility, it has become weak against marauders and speeders, while it's now nearly ineffective against plasma tanks.

I think here's the formula for Magma Golem:

Adjacent Gangup: +2-3
Non-adjacent Gangup: +3-4
Opposite Side Gangup: +4-6

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 00:30

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Ok, they sound balanced out and fun now. I think that 12 aqautic was fine for the slinger, so it could be restored, espiecially considering they dont have an aquatic
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

So, what do you guys think of the entire race? it is OP, underpowered or what?

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

It's fine. I'm not sure which of the 8 units you plan to keep. The next phase is scenario testing- iwhat will it do vs khral? Vs sapiens? Vs Titans? On foresty maps? What about the desert? What will the other races do vice versa.

And a back story sounds nice
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

here is a scenario: what if in the deep future, global warming ends? and then, the pyreans fire world enters an ice age, or maybe their sun collapses. so the pyreans go back in time to heat up the world and prevent their extinction. how ever, heating up the world will kill off all other spieces excluding those of the future.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Rebalancing info: Pyre Snake

Repair nerf from 2 -> 1
Defense buff from 6 -> 7

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 17, 2016 21:56

[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Sounds good to me
Forum Index » New Feature Request