[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
credits per base/turn
Forum Index » General Discussion
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Maybe I have missed something but I don't seem to be getting credits per base. I assume it means as it reads, for every base I cap I get x credits each turn and each turn I get a constant y credits. So I expect my total extra credits this turn to be bases * x + y.
There's no help specifically about it I can find and it could be read several ways e.g. x credits when you cap the base, or credits/base x credits/turn is the max per turn.
I'm hoping it's a bug then that would explain why I keep getting horribly outnumbered!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

wookieontheweb wrote:Maybe I have missed something but I don't seem to be getting credits per base. I assume it means as it reads, for every base I cap I get x credits each turn and each turn I get a constant y credits. So I expect my total extra credits this turn to be bases * x + y.
There's no help specifically about it I can find and it could be read several ways e.g. x credits when you cap the base, or credits/base x credits/turn is the max per turn.
I'm hoping it's a bug then that would explain why I keep getting horribly outnumbered!

I'm not sure what you mean by X+Y but I'm supposing the problem you're having is that you're including naval bases in with your regular bases.

Naval bases do not provide credits each turn.

All regular captured bases give you X credits/turn. So if you have 5 bases, and each gives you 50, then you'll get 250/turn.

The first turn is different, as player one does not get credits for bases earned, and only starts with the "initial credits" per the map. Player 2's first turn will get initial credits plus the credits per base.

Hope that helps
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

You don't get initial credits every turn, you only get them at the start of the game. Hope that helps
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I think I have worked out where I am getting confused.
You only receive credits for bases that you have capped, not for bases you own at the start of the game.

I played Rocky against bots a few times. 1 base, 1 harbor each.
credits/base: 175
credits/turn: 175

Each turn you receive 175 credits.
Once you cap the enemy base you then start to receive 350 credits per turn.

I expected 350 per turn from the start, because I owned a base.

Some questions remain:
- For capped bases, do I get credits/base for bases
-- that were not owned at the start
-- only when taken from an enemy
-- only when taken from an enemies initial set of bases
- If I lose one of my starting bases then re-cap it do I start to get credits/base for it?

I know I can answer all of these by just playing lots of unrated bot games, but that will take a while!
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

wookieontheweb wrote:I think I have worked out where I am getting confused.
You only receive credits for bases that you have capped, not for bases you own at the start of the game.

I played Rocky against bots a few times. 1 base, 1 harbor each.
credits/base: 175
credits/turn: 175

Each turn you receive 175 credits.
Once you cap the enemy base you then start to receive 350 credits per turn.

I expected 350 per turn from the start, because I owned a base.

Some questions remain:
- For capped bases, do I get credits/base for bases
-- that were not owned at the start
-- only when taken from an enemy
-- only when taken from an enemies initial set of bases
- If I lose one of my starting bases then re-cap it do I start to get credits/base for it?

I know I can answer all of these by just playing lots of unrated bot games, but that will take a while!

You get credits/turn for every base you own at the start of your turn; regardless of when you capture it.

The exception is sea bases, or harbors. You get no credits for them.

The other exception is player 1s first turn, when they do not get any credits for bases.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Credits per turn is only a summarization of how much your getting in total, and bases per turn is a summarization of how much your getting from each base.
So basically, credit per turn is for those of us who are too lazy to do math.
For example, if I had 50 credits per base, and I had 5 bases, than credit per turn would show 250 per turn, because I am making a total of 250 per turn even though each base is only giving me 50 credits; because I have 5 bases.
To demonstrate this, play against yourself on play with a friend. And look at credits per base and credit per turn. If you capture a base, the credits per base stays the same because each base gives of 100, and any new base will give 100. However, the credits per turn will change by 100 because your getting a 100 mode credits per turn

In the case of rocky; base per turn=credit per turn because you only have one base, but if you took the opponents base, then you would have more credits per turn than bases per turn.

"But wait!", you shout as I began to turn around and walk on the bus," Why do I need to know credits per base, if the only credits per turn gives you credits every turn?". Well, yea, its true that base per turn doesn't give you any money, but sometimes you have to sacrifice bases, and its good to know how much you'll be losing. Remember, every base adds on to the credits per turn, so losing one takes away the credits it would of given you.

I also mixed base per turn with credits per base throughout this writing, which is the equivalent of an online burp. Excuse me!

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jan 29, 2016 00:53

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

That makes sense. I think a small change to that page would make it instantly obvious what those numbers all mean...

Bases: 3
Credits/base: 100
Credits/turn: 3 * 100 = 300

The only bit missing from the current text is 3 * 100 =

Thanks for the explanation.

So I am just being horribly outnumbered through poor play
Forum Index » General Discussion