[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Download Custom Maps for Offline Solo Play
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Eikonoklastes

Eikonoklastes

I don't know how feasible this would be to implement, but how about allowing players to download custom maps for offline play? There are a ton of great custom maps out there, and sometimes people want to try them out without having it affect their win-loss ratio. It could also prove useful for those who want to practice on tournament maps on their own. Of course, there would need to be a way to delete maps from devices once they are no longer wanted (after all, not all of us have unlimited device storage). For the developers, this could even turn into a source of revenue. Map tokens are currently used for uploading maps as a means of controlling map-spam. Perhaps these tokens cold perform double duty and be used as a means of regulating/controlling how many maps people can download to their device's storage. There would, of course, need to be a mechanism in place to differentiate between downloading a map for offline play versus downloading a map to use as a template for creating a new map (which currently is and should remain free); however, since not everyone is interested in creating maps and there are a good number of players who do, in fact, enjoy playing quick games against the bot in offline mode, implementing such a system could result in an increase of the number of people purchasing map tokens. As for those who worry that such a system might result in Uniwar Turing into a pay-to-win product, please keep in mind that the current system of practicing tournament maps in online play either against another person or against one of the bots would still be available for free. Much like the turn undo button, this is simply a matter of convince and not an attempt to make the game unfair/biased against those who don't want to spend money on the game.
[Avatar]
xavi

[Avatar]
xavi

It is very easy to do and we will implement it. We are not sure about making players pay for it. Possibly but probably not. The timeframe to implement that feature is not yet decided as it is not something blocking (players can do it online for now). We intend to merge the offline / online experience. That will allow players to do more stuffs offline.

-= The UniWar Team =-
[Email]
wolkenwand

wolkenwand

xavi wrote:It is very easy to do and we will implement it. We are not sure about making players pay for it. Possibly but probably not. The timeframe to implement that feature is not yet decided as it is not something blocking (players can do it online for now). We intend to merge the offline / online experience. That will allow players to do more stuffs offline.

Yeah, please makes offline player can do redo
Eikonoklastes

Eikonoklastes

I'm usually not one to resurrect a dead thread, but the changes made to the offline game mode has got me thinking about the possibility of downloading custom maps for offline play. For those wondering what the heck I'm talking about, the three four-player built in maps can now be used to play against three other players (or three bots) when playing in offline mode. As many of us already know, this was never an option in the past. Since our new developers appear to be planning to make some major changes to offline play (specifically the campaign), I thought I might ask if they would consider allowing us to download custom maps as well (something Xavi once said would be easy to implement). I know that this would be a big hit with the map making community as well for they are dying for a way to more thoroughly test out their own creations before releasing them to the public.
[Avatar]
DiegoRaist

[Avatar]
DiegoRaist

im would like to download maps and make bots harder in online if they dont make them downloable because IA are very easy and sometimes maps are hard to test that way
[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

Allowing you to start in different and multiple positions when using the play option in the map editor would help massively.
i.e. If I want to test a 3v3 map I can currently only play as player 1, every other player is a bot. I should be able to play in any/all seats when testing.

The bots are just broken in many respects. They overly rate ports, they ignore the abilities of the healers (attack and defence), they don't use cities, they cannot just stay still, they must attack if they can.

Android 9. Samsung Galaxy A50
Forum Index » New Feature Request