[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Next Balance Update Discussion February 2016
Forum Index » General Discussion
EVR1022

EVR1022

I tend to agree that boosting the Swarmer Ground Heavy isn't the best way to go. Ground Light to 8-9 would be useful without disrupting KvT balance. +1 mobility or even +1 defense would help, too.
EVR1022

EVR1022

Also, would like to get some feedback from top players on this, which could potentially help balance these match ups.

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2290.page
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

amidama wrote:they can keep the enemy from capturing his own second base forever on a maps like mercury. its no fun, its a instant win for a sap if he will not do mistakes.

If your just making infantry in those maps, your doing it wrong. Your supposed to make speeders and/or swarmers to counter maruader. Heck, if it's bothering you a lot, make a garuda. They only cost 100 more and are really good vs maruader.

if your simply using infantry, you should expect to die anyways
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The speeder and garuda are both good cheap counters the the maruader, and so is the swarmer.
[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

Apercent wrote:The speeder and garuda are both good cheap counters the the maruader, and so is the swarmer.

garuda is actually a pretty risky choice on a marauder.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

LkASr wrote:
  Apercent wrote:The speeder and garuda are both good cheap counters the the maruader, and so is the swarmer.

garuda is actually a pretty risky choice on a marauder.

Idk, I use them all the time.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

To all of those who think the walker will not be able to shoot outside of its vision

Notice the wyrm I've got

Watch as I move forward

Watch as I attack something that I cannot see

See how I have the option to attack them even though I can't see them? (BTW there is 3 underlings over there)

I already know what your thinking, "walkers can't move and attack! The wyrm could move and attack, which is why it could do that. It's vision updated when it moved, which is why it could attack!"

No, its vision hasn't updated. Look at the pic, it still can't see the underlings. But it can still attack them. The same will apply to walkers.

This message was edited 2 times. Last update was at Feb 27, 2016 17:20

Kroeger

Kroeger

EVR1022 wrote:Also, would like to get some feedback from top players on this, which could potentially help balance these match ups.

http://forum.uniwar.com/posts/list/2290.page

I presented your idea to the devs and they like it. You have convinced us it is worth considering. However, right now we are not in a place to implement changes like this. We will re-entertain this idea when we introduce the new units (sadly, we are still a ways off from this). Thank you for offering it. It would make it easier to balance uniwar.
Kroeger

Kroeger

Apercent wrote:To all of those who think the walker will not be able to shoot outside of its vision

See how I have the option to attack them even though I can't see them? (BTW there is 3 underlings over there)

I already know what your thinking, "walkers can't move and attack! The wyrm could move and attack, which is why it could do that. It's vision updated when it moved, which is why it could attack!"

No, its vision hasn't updated. Look at the pic, it still can't see the underlings. But it can still attack them. The same will apply to walkers.

This problem will be fixed by the time of the second vision balance patch, if not sooner.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 27, 2016 20:38

EVR1022

EVR1022

Kroeger wrote:I presented your idea to the devs and they like it. You have convinced us it is worth considering. However, right now we are not in a place to implement changes like this. We will re-entertain this idea when we introduce the new units (sadly, we are still a ways off from this). Thank you for offering it. It would make it easier to balance uniwar.

Much appreciated. And I fully understand something like this would take time to implement.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Kroeger wrote:
  Apercent wrote:To all of those who think the walker will not be able to shoot outside of its vision

This problem will be fixed by the time of the second vision balance patch, if not sooner.

I actually like this. Its fun.
[Avatar]
Colony

[Avatar]
Colony

All seems good to me

What's an airport?
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that I'm actually in favor of the swarmer g.h going to 5.

Firstly, when has a swarmer ever done 3 vs a plasma? Even with gangup bonus, the best you can get is 2. And that's if your lucky. On the uni-calculators, it says that you have a 4.2% chance of doing 3 damage if you were to use two swarmers with gangup bonus of 2(ranged gangup) and a g.h of 5 (I substituted swarmers for speeders)

Secondly, I'd like to at least be able to scratch pinzers with a swarmer. I don't want this game to devolve to rock paper scissors shoe, but with current match ups, garuda beats pinzer, pinzer beats swarmer, and swarmer beats garuda. That's far too simple. Not to mention, the pinzer is getting 3 air, so it will be able to hit swarmers very very hard.

Thirdly, it can do 4 to speeders. I'm perfectly fine with that. Consider how slow the swarmer is, most of the time you can hit one with a speeder before it gets in range. Or better yet, use an eclipse! We were all just complaining about how underused the eclipse was, and here's our chance.

Even if your a sapiens player, the maruader has a gangup bonus to look forward to. So use it versus swarmers.

To summarize my reasons why I like 5 instead of 4, I think 5 is more fun to play with than 4. 4 is too safe for you and the enemy, it's letting them know they don't have to worry about swarmers once they have a pinzer or a plasma. 5 forces you to think about what you build and where, and 5 is good for strategy.
This will be especially important when the pinzer becomes a lot Stronger vs garuda.

I'm also going to mention swarmer to wyrm attacks. It's not fair that you can barely kill a wyrm with 2 swarmers, that's bogus.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Feb 28, 2016 02:06

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

I favor more on +1 defense than +1 vs gh, that way they can hold a little longer against all

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I suggest we reduce leviathan air to 8 or 7. This is because they currently heal a 5/7 exchange. The leviathan can heal this instantly. And they are cheaper. Simply put, leviathan spamming is impossible to beat currently.

However, with an air of 7 or 8, they will not be able to attack helicopters as well as they could before. So, sapiens can spam helicopters vs leviathan. To counter helicopters a khralean general will have to make a lot of garuda. To counter garuda, a sapiens player will shoot them with destroyer. And the leviathan will counter Destroyers, and so on.

Also, we could give helicopters more aquatic, at least until new units come to make aquatic battles more interesting. This will help them counter leviathan.
Forum Index » General Discussion