[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
New Race (Fobos)
Forum Index » New Feature Request
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Apercent wrote:Tell me when you get finished so I can review it

I wonder if I will ever finish tweaking these.... Maybe :p
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Well, I guess when it's playable than
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Ok so here's my review
I'm assuming it's finished cause you're not going to update it anymore.

I like how you went through and thought this through . At first I as like, why is there only five units? , Then I realized they had a bunch of upgrades. Clever dausenki . You even balanced them to 5 units and 5 upgrades. I'm unsure if this was intentional but it was clever.

My thoughts - the infantry is fine at first,bbut the sniper upgrade is too much.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 13, 2016 01:10

[Avatar]
LkASr

[Avatar]
LkASr

It feels like Fobos & Hiilangi are relatable. Fobos has upgrades while Hiilangi gets stronger for every kill they got

Never surrender when you still have the chance.
"I have achieved navel superiority" -myself 2017
All the good stuff [WoT Generals Beta Tester, Uniwar Beta Tester, Vainglory Hero Suggestions List Contributor]
Come look at my profile for more info
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

The sniper range makes every other g.l unit irrelevant. I know, it can't attack any other unit and is defenseless at close range but STILL. Too much. Just dail it down to 2-3 or back to 1-2

The power trooper upgrade looks fine but probably costs too much. If you make it cost 150 it could rival the maruader and speeder, perhaps.

The scientist is underpowered it needs a cool down ability something along the lines of upgrades. Perhaps you could give it an ability to give any unit another turn

Amplifier looks right. But I'd like to note that most games make mines and explosives do more damage to heavy machinery because of the inability to escape them and more factors.

Also not sure how useful a one hit mine would be lol

The debuffer- now that's what Im talking about! It's got an awesome ability and is well balanced. And that debuffer ability -Someone pinch me-its beautiful

I was going to say the saucer is op but than I saw its ability. Still, I'd reduce the healing rate to 1.

Its upgrade is cool

I'm not entirely sure why you abandoned the protoman terrain based upgrades but it's op I think at that cost. It easily overpowers every tank but the pinzer, especially with gangup bonuses and that defense. And that's just on plain tiles.
I suppose a helicopter could kill it or an eclipse - but it can move twice! It has the ability to kill an speeder in one turn and move six tiles! So I think it deserves to cost more. Not even mentioning it can move after attack

It's upgrade is way op- three moves per turn? And 1-2 range ?!? It can still move 6 tiles and still has a move after attack. And it only costs 250 more .

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Changed sniper range to 4-5, increased total cost to 200. This plus its inability to move and attack, and its inability to attack GH or aerial targets, I think balances it very nicely. I see someone putting 1-2 of these on the board for infantry or support control. Sounds exactly right thanks for the mention of them because I think a 4-5 range fits them a lot better than 2-5

I got rid of the mines. Would be a pain to code. And we don't need them. I buffed amplifiers armor. I gave it a second action so it can buff and reposition to block - or hide. Or buff two units.

I left debuffer alone. It passes the eye test for me today :p

I think the saucer is pretty balanced TBH. But I dunno for sure :/ I think those stats are a good jumping off point.

The scientist is a critical piece for this race, as it is what allows the upgrades. At any cost basically they would be built and an integral part of a Fobos army. And moving them forward provides tactical flexibility in deciding if you want to make a trooper into power armor. But then you risk losing a scientist. That should be a fun mini game. I love scientists and their role in this army! Another ability ofc would help them but isn't necessary imho.

I decreased armor and mobility of laser battery. Even at mobility 12 with range 2 they would crush walkers. 12 is a little more reasonable. They'll pressure Titans. That is a definite matchup concern!!

I adjusted stats for Protoman and Megaman. I liked the idea of terrain stuff. But it seemed very very convoluted. Can't imagine coding it. Or explaining it.

Move - attack - move after attack - repeat !! That just sounds fun. Balancing it is ofc super important. I lowered stats across the board for both. I also made it so they can not capture bases. Shocked that I ever let them haha. 'Well sure this unit has 16 defense on bases and can move --7--!!! Tiles, so why WOULDNT it be able to capture your base?!' Hahahaha. Gross oversight :p

So hopefully with these changes this race is again a little closer to being balanced (I accept that it probably isn't )
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Problem with the saucer is you can't kill it if your khraleans. I know you have concerns for titans games, but imagine this, your a khralean general and a horde of saucers are outside of your city! What do you send? A swarmer? Not with that defense. A pinzer? Not with that defense. An underling? Not with that defense.
That leaves us with wyrms and garuda. We both know a wyrm would not far well against that so really it's just a garuda. Garuda do about 3-4 damage and receive 7-8. You need three garuda to kill one of these.

Thankfully it loses 1 health in each exchange, but still, if it can heal that, perhaps it would be too hard to kill.

I think the sniper update works pretty darn well and I back that decision to get rid of the mines and at its cost I believe the laser Battery saucer is balanced.

Protoman looks fine to me. The megaman is hard for me to comprehend- 3 turns and 1-2 range sound game breaking. But stat wise... ehhh... it looks fine....

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Aug 15, 2016 01:41

Forum Index » New Feature Request