[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Questions/suggestions re vision, FOW and undo
Forum Index » General Discussion
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:26

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Maybe your just skilled. You weren't too bad when I played you. Not expert, I admit, but not bad
amidama

amidama

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Jul 17, 2016 22:27

Hakumen
drumstep

drumstep

It's really not THAT big a difference. I was stable around 1900 when I found it and then made it a bit over 2000 with redo, before dropping again to 1750 while still using it because I couldn't play as much. It makes a difference, but not enough to boost someone from 1700 straight to 2200.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

Maybe the limit of undo turns voted could be for the whole game rather than for per turn. So if the limit was set to 1, for example, each player would be able to undo a turn only once in that game.

amidama wrote:" to remove the undo turn by "unofficional" means" - yeeeeaaaah, and make this game completely pay to win.
I can win nearly any player(apart from top 10 probably) in this game if he will not use the undo, if I will be using the unlimited undo.
Undo itself gives about +500 rating in addition to your current rating comparing to a player that does not use the undo.

if you want to use it alone because you paid for it and want to easily destroy any non-paying player - its up to you. but its really, really low.

if you also mean to remove the paid version to make it equal - you did not mention it yet.

I suppose you did not read all that I wrote.

When I say to remove the undo by "unofficional" means, it is because I see that as the only way to be able to limit the undo, which is the main point, because I think players should be able to play a game where the undo is not abused to get advantages.
If you don't want to buy the undo token and don't want your opponent undoing turns unlimitedly, just vote for the undo limit to zero . Maybe the undo limit ends up being 1 if he votes different, but I don't think it is a great advantage for the opponent , and if even so you still don't want to be at "disavantage", I think that one single undo turn token is not that expensive.

No, I don't mean to remove the paid version (I personally think that the unlimited undo token could be a bit less expensive, but I am not here to say that). And no, I don't like pay-to-win and I don't think my idea turns Uniwar into it.
amidama

amidama

Hakumen
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

amidama wrote:so basicly you offer "Ï will still use 1 undo per turn, and you will have 0. haha." am I reading you corrently this time?
its unfair. undo gives a big advantage. 1 undo per turn is enough for scouting and knowing the damage sequence. and if you are serious about it - then i will fully utilize my right to secretly hate you.

Again, I don't know if you read all that I wrote on the last message, but I suggested that the undo limit could be to how many times a player could undo in the WHOLE game (I prefer it that way because I think it is more fair). So at the worst case, the opponent would be able to undo only one single turn, only one time then he wouldn't be able to undo any other turn in that game. I don't think that he would spend it to scout or to damage control, as he could need that later to correct one mistake.

You don't have to have to hate me in secret, you can do it plainly. You are free to do that
drumstep

drumstep

If undo is still paid under the voting system, unlimited would definitely need a price drop since any player could make it useless by voting 0. Still like the idea, but I think it would work better if undo were free.
[Avatar]
Michaelrn

[Avatar]
Michaelrn

One vote for zero would not make the unlimited undo totally useless, as they could still be able to have a limit of at least 1 undo if there was a different vote (ok, I know it becomes almost totally useless in those situations).

But I agree with you, I think that the undo button would need a price drop or even become free as it would become the only way to do it.
amidama

amidama

Hakumen
nindatana

nindatana

StarryBlink wrote:
  amidama wrote:devs cant limit it so far, offer something else

Devs can limit it if they make the game sync to server every move. Not just when ending the whole turn like today.

Yes this is the technical root of the problem, changing to per move synchronization will be very expensive though. Both in terms of developer hours, because it means inserting a client server substrate where there is currently none, a hard problem that is difficult to do well, and in terms of bandwidth usage, for both users and the servers. Just thinking about the last point, if an average turn is 10 moves, then the server must handle a 10 fold increase in communication for every turn, for every player. That will cost a lot.

I disagree with pay-for-undo policy, but recognize the hard situation that brought it to us.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

Guys, how much of your score boost was correcting either mistaken moves (fumble fingers) or attack sequence (gets better over time).

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » General Discussion