[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
Whould you skip or not in this instance?
Forum Index » General Discussion
Should a player who logs into the game 2-4 times durring thier 24 hour turn be skipped if they make no effort to make their turn those times they log in and thier time expires
Yes, They had multiple times to make their turn, skip them 60% [ 9 ]
No, I've all the patience in the world, some day they may make their turn 13% [ 2 ]
Other (please comment 27% [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 15
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

So this all pops up from a team game the (Lost Socks the Abyss) are currently in. Our opponants (Battletec Kings) would log in several times durring their turn and then leave without making their move. The first one that was aproaching his time limit after being on twice durring his 24 hours I posted a minor rant to hurry up and do his opening move (basically capping the 3 bases he was sitting on and build a lone unit, not rocket science). Shockingly 3 hours later, instead of making a move we got sassed, then skipped, then they got upset. They then decieded to then play the waiting game (dragging their turns out to the maximum they could) Surprisingly one of their members (after being on 2-4 times durring his turn) has missed the 24 hour time limit and we skipped. We warned them that a third skip would make them forfit their turn. Instead of doing their turns its now more grief and still dragging their turns.

So what would you do if you had such opponats in a random 3v3 team match?

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
[Avatar]
miamimoose

[Avatar]
miamimoose

I HATE BEING SKIPPED! Sincerely, flat rocks
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

Maybe they just came to play 1 game or two. I know their has been times where I could only play 2 or 3 games at time.
[Avatar]
Red Five

[Avatar]
Red Five

I voted "Other"

(tournament games are the only truly time-sensitive games, so unless it was a special circumstance, I wouldn't skip a regular game.)

If I see that someone has been on a couple times and hasn't moved, I always post a chat when the time expires. Something like, "I see that you've been on a couple times, so I'll give it another 6 hours or so before I skip."

This is courteous and still draws a line.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Red Five wrote:I voted "Other"

(tournament games are the only truly time-sensitive games, so unless it was a special circumstance, I wouldn't skip a regular game.)

If I see that someone has been on a couple times and hasn't moved, I always post a chat when the time expires. Something like, "I see that you've been on a couple times, so I'll give it another 6 hours or so before I skip."

This is courteous and still draws a line.

This is what I voted and why as well

I'm not sure but it sounds like you weren't very friendly to start with and that the game started out on a bad point ... I think the bad blood started there and at this point you might as well skip you aren't coming back from that anyway.

In the future maybe try to set a more light hearted tone with the game? (Maybe you did I'm just going by what you posted here )
drumstep

drumstep

Voting "other."
In a 1v1 game I would skip if my opponent has logged in during the time it was their turn, giving a warning if the game is otherwise really good. In team games I would probably give more time after a warning because I know that I personally worry more when other people are relying on moves I make, so it tends to take me longer to make moves in those games. It's possible that they are waiting for advice from teammates. That being said, if they start acting like jerks they get skipped.
mistercreepy

mistercreepy

One tiebreaker in a tournament is rounds won. Why on earth do you not skip right away? If life intervenes and a player cannot take their turn, that's a bummer. But nothing gets in the way of Uniwar turns.
drumstep

drumstep

I don't think we are talking about tourney games, but I agree.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

First (if you read) this is random team game

Secondly (if you read) the other team is dragging on purpose (though not effectively) as they'll log in to talk about waisting time then leave with hours left to go (sadly not making it back in to actually make their turn before time limit is reached)

So would that change your votes those that picked 'other', and if so in which direction?

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Mar 28, 2016 12:53

Teams (Members)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
drumstep

drumstep

As i implied in my post, in your situation, skip away. I gave my answer as a more generalized response.
[Avatar]
Red Five

[Avatar]
Red Five

TheDragon wrote:First (if you read) this is random team game

Secondly (if you read) the other team is dragging on purpose (though not effectively) as they'll log in to talk about waisting time then leave with hours left to go (sadly not making it back in to actually make their turn before time limit is reached)

So would that change your votes those that picked 'other', and if so in which direction?

Yes, I read your situation, but I was answering strictly from the poll question.

And yes, if someone is being intentionally rude to me, I have no problem skipping. Although I must admit I haven't had such an encounter in a couple years.
EVR1022

EVR1022

My policy for 1v1 is that if they can log on, then they can ask for more time if they need it. If they don't, then I usually skip.

Team games are different, as often you are waiting for teammates to respond to your questions / ideas. Also, for me, team games are more for fun so I take them less seriously even in tournaments. But there are still times when a skip is warranted.
[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

well we are finally into turn 8 (player with 2 strikes managed to make his turn with minutes to spair) for refference we've completed 3 games in the same time frame.

Teams (Members)
[Avatar]
cmbaptist

[Avatar]
cmbaptist

I usually always hold out and wait for someone only if they specify a reason they need extra time in which case I have no problem waiting.

Psalms 100:5 For the Lord is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations.
Abie

Abie

Even if an individual has had a long time to take their turn and they just did not when he logged on I don't think they should be penalized.

I find that there are sometimes games that I play in which I have to think really hard before I make my move, usually within 5-10 turns. This usually is only 1-2 of my 8-10 existing games. So what I do is I move in some of my other games first because I can look at the map and can usually tell what I am going to do. Because I have to think soooo hard, in the other games, for example, as T, I have to figure out where the buried underlings are, and what I think is my best move, it takes a loooooooooot of thinking. Mentally, I am not quite ready for it and I wait until I log in and am mentally ready for it. I'll often go to bed and wait until the next day to make my move
Forum Index » General Discussion