[Search] Search   [Recent Topics] Recent   [Hottest Topics] Hottest   [Login] Login
End Game additions
Forum Index » New Feature Request
Interested ?
Interested 88% [ 7 ]
In love 13% [ 1 ]
Not interested 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 8
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I think that it should use its own spirite just to make it awesome. Just imagine the terror of seeing a sapiens blimp in the sky right above your head.
Perhaps to make it more balanced, we give them their own seperate bases, so that players can make them on some maps but not on all of them?
EVR1022

EVR1022

Special base for super-units is a pretty good idea. That way maybe the cost doesn't have to be as much - only available in select situations similar to navy.
[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

EVR1022 wrote:Special base for super-units is a pretty good idea. That way maybe the cost doesn't have to be as much - only available in select situations similar to navy.

... That really is a damn fine idea
[Avatar]
Mentalist

[Avatar]
Mentalist

I haven't read all the answers so maybe I'm repeating something that has already been said. But being a poker player, this made me think of how Blinds and Antes increase either by number of hands played or time. Maybe something similar can be done in UniWar, like either increasing the cost of the units or decreasing credits/base. But I don't know how would this affect the game, or if it will affect it at all. I haven't thought about it much.
[Avatar]
Apercent

[Avatar]
Apercent

I don't like it. I base a lot of my stratgeys on constant prices. However, maybe we can have bases detorate in value on certain maps rather than having units cost more? It's just an idea.

And no one has said that yet, your good.

This message was edited 1 time. Last update was at Apr 08, 2016 10:47

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

[Avatar]
wookieontheweb

I've read most of the post, skimmed a bit. I have a few suggestions and comments.

First I don't like the idea of new units just to solve the issue of slow games on large maps. A huge amount of time and tweaks have been spent getting the balance between the 3 races even and new units will almost certainly break that, at least for a while.

The idea of solar cells or similar can be much easier implemented by just counting the area your troops can see I.e. how much of the fog of war you have pushed back. This either gives fixed amount per tile or a percentage addition to your current base credits. i wouldn't even worry about enemy units in your sights makes the addition simpler.

My own idea (stolen from worms) would be to expand the water to flood the land. Tiles become swamp first to give troops a chance to move. Maybe mountains move to hills before swamp. The water would claim bases so forcing combat. Similar idea would be to use the void to destroy everything, but I prefer the thematic of the flood and the enhanced naval opportunities.

Another idea rather than new troops would be to allow artillery units to combine to increase range. Similar to the way several engineers combine to heal units faster. E.g. a line of 3 artillery units would allow the centre one to get +1 range. A block of 7 would give +3 but as none of the surrounding artillery would have artillery either side their range would be normal. A line of 4 artillery would allow the centre two +1 range.

One last idea would be to increase the stats of all units in some order, e.g. movement, damage then range. A few turns of the new behaviour then the next applies. Perhaps they apply differently to different players I.e. one gets better movement while the other gets better damage. Keep going till you get uber troops that do 1 hit kills... that'll end any match quickly!

[Avatar]
Duaneski

[Avatar]
Duaneski

Thank you for your thoughtful post wookie

I have been playing a LOT of the CTF games lately. They're more "base objective" games and on ANY map they FORCE direct conflict.

Personally I believe that this is the best fix for these large maps. As long as there is a central base or bases which end the game upon capture, there will consistently be forced attack and defense.

So with this in mind I feel like I would actually prefer more work in the area of objective play versus anything we discussed in this thread, as I think it resolves the problem more effectively and more fun than the proposed solutions!

(Read: you guys should REALLY try out a CTF game!)

[Avatar]
TheDragon

[Avatar]
TheDragon

And to note, CTF games currently are not in Mission but in Regular map lists (not sure why but...) so Most of us with CTF maps have put that in the title. We'd really like your feedback to get back to us with your input.

...The game of life is too short to be taken seriously...

Teams (Members)
2v Dragon Cheese - (Cheese, TheDragon)
3v bawwy Kwipke - (Kelwynish, Rikb, TheDragon) Retired: Lost Socks the Abyss - (onedirtrider, TheDragon, Mentalist)
4v Plush Pinzers II (Cheese, SnakPak, TheDragon Copeab) Retired: Plush Pinzers - (Thomas K., copeab, TheDragon, Cheese)
Forum Index » New Feature Request